[Driver] Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU ICS Flashable Update {UnSigned}

Search This thread

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
This Adreno GPU update is ONLY designed to work on Qualcomm S3 ARM7 Devices running ICS.

Greetings, I have been on XDA for a long time and I hope that you all can benefit from this patch as we have over at the Amaze Forums. Here is a link to my Original Thread and evidence of this patch's success for our Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU devices running ICS.

We have proven that this driver Patch has doubled our GPU throughput for 2D and 3D rendering.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631223

I have only tested this on my T-Mobile HTC Amaze (Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU) and have not experienced any issues.

I have created this Recovery Flashable Patch to Install the Qualcomm Updated Adreno Drivers on the "Official Ruby ICS" release.

Qualcomm Developers Website

I did not get a screenshot of the results before flashing this, however I have seen dramatically improved result on my Quadrant 3D scores with "Force 2D GPU rendering" UNCHECKED in the Setting->Develop Options Menu of this ICS Release. With this option checked I have seen improvements on both 2D and 3D. Although results are slightly degraded for 3D from post update the 2D results have doubled in value.

Quadrant results were obtained immediately after restart to avoid any other processes interfering with the results.

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering NOT checked.
attachment.php

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.
attachment.php

If someone would post a screenshot of the before Quadrant result I would gladly add it to this post. Please only post results Immediately after restart for conformity.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich Required
Root Required

1. Pre Requisites fulfilled (Root) (ICS)
  2. Install "Adreno ICS Update" to the root of your SD Card
  3. Toggle Signature Verification in Recovery
  4. Install zip via Recovery
  5. Fix Permissions
  6. Reboot
  7. ENJOI!!!

Thank you dhkr234 for the flashable zip framework.

Please post any other tested configurations and I will add them for other community members reference.

The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, or how you execute, use this at your own risk!

Last edited:

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
Additional Configurations Tested

Additional ROMS with confirmed improvements:

ROMS with these NEW Adreno Drivers Baked in:

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
Will this work with the ics leak?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

From Original Posting

This Adreno GPU update is ONLY designed to work on Qualcomm S3 ARM7 Devices running ICS.

I have an HTC Amaze running the ICS Leak for the Amaze and have experienced the results displayed in the OP.

Thank you,
gjcamp

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
just tried them on the gsm ics leak.. no difference

force gpu for apps in developer options makes the 2d test in quadrant run at 60fps on both sets of drivers, 3d results are the same

edit, nenamark 2 seems slower @41fps, was getting 48fps before

Last edited:

Datguy_n_Disguy

Feb 5, 2012
Ocoee, FL
From Original Posting

I have an HTC Amaze running the ICS Leak for the Amaze and have experienced the results displayed in the OP.

Thank you,
gjcamp

I knew that, I just wanted to make sure if it worked with THIS leak.

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
I knew that, I just wanted to make sure if it worked with THIS leak.

Try it. Be a trailblazer. ;) you can always reflash to your original.

Read the OP. This is for S3 devices with the Adreno220 GPU running ICS. IT SHOULD WORK.

Instead of asking these type of questions I would like see actual results posted.

Thank you,
gjcamp

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

gjcamp

Jan 26, 2007
just tried them on the gsm ics leak.. no difference

force gpu for apps in developer options makes the 2d test in quadrant run at 60fps on both sets of drivers, 3d results are the same

What about your 2D and 3D Quadrant scores?

FPS are not really objective results.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Last edited:

evolution3d

Aug 23, 2011
Tampa, FL
About to flash this to viperROM ICE3D Beta 1.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Improved my overall Quadrant score by about 400 points. It DOES WORK with the ICS leak that came out yesterday.

Reactions: gjcamp

tvsian

Mar 30, 2006
I didn't have much luck with this on CleanROM ICS Edition.

Pre-patch, GPU rendering on, everything else default (no kernel change or overclocking), I got 2936 overall, 1006 2D and 1980 3D.

After the patch the overall dropped to 2336 and 2D to 1000, 3D went up a bit to 2098. I tried again with GPU rendering disabled just for the heck of it, and it went down to 2273 overall, 368 2D, 1967 3D.

For now I'm flashing back to the driver that's included in the ROM, but maybe this will work better with a different kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Greetings, I have been on XDA for a long time and I hope that you all can benefit from this patch as we have over at the Amaze Forums. Here is a link to my Original Thread and evidence of this patch's success for our Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU devices running ICS.

We have proven that this driver Patch has doubled our GPU throughput for 2D and 3D rendering.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631223

I have only tested this on my T-Mobile HTC Amaze (Qualcomm S3 Adreno 220 GPU) and have not experienced any issues.

I have created this Recovery Flashable Patch to Install the Qualcomm Updated Adreno Drivers on the "Official Ruby ICS" release.

Qualcomm Developers Website

I did not get a screenshot of the results before flashing this, however I have seen dramatically improved result on my Quadrant 3D scores with "Force 2D GPU rendering" UNCHECKED in the Setting->Develop Options Menu of this ICS Release. With this option checked I have seen improvements on both 2D and 3D. Although results are slightly degraded for 3D from post update the 2D results have doubled in value.

Quadrant results were obtained immediately after restart to avoid any other processes interfering with the results.

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering NOT checked.
    attachment.php

AFTER "Adreno ICS Update" Screenshot 2D Rendering CHECKED.
    attachment.php

If someone would post a screenshot of the before Quadrant result I would gladly add it to this post. Please only post results Immediately after restart for conformity.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich Required
    Root Required

1. Pre Requisites fulfilled (Root) (ICS)
    2. Install "Adreno ICS Update" to the root of your SD Card
    3. Toggle Signature Verification in Recovery
    4. Install zip via Recovery
    5. Fix Permissions
    6. Reboot
    7. ENJOI!!!

Thank you dhkr234 for the flashable zip framework.

Please post any other tested configurations and I will add them for other community members reference.

The usual warning goes here. I'm not responsible for what you do, or how you execute, use this at your own risk!
    Will this interfere with latest kernel from chad? It gives a lot of GPU performance by itself.

Quad:

Antutu:

Nenamark 2:

run nenamark1 and see over 70FPS :) on stock 3.6 rom + my rls1 sense 3.6 kernel (no egl patch needed)

also - the KGSL drivers i used are a tad newer than the ones on CAF :)
    thanks for the driver gjcamp

luis4ever, you forgot to thank yourself with your other 4 accounts. just didnt want you to forget. in case you forgot tho, your other accounts are:

BeBlack, BeBlackable, Frambuesita, Subzero20

you know, the other accounts that you made within a day of each other, that you make sure you thank every post you make with :D

lmao, cornball sh!t.
    Has anyone tried this on Newts Rom.

Method1911 3D

As long as Newts ROM is ICS it would improve performance.

If it is Gingerbread it may not help.

Thanks,
    gjcamp
    HAHAHAHA oh damn that is great

I have a question for the OP....
    Seeing as how the stock ROMs have a restriction (by default) to not render anything more than 60 fps... how did you obtain these huge gains in your own testing? did you have vsync enabled/disabled? what does this driver patch do exactly - does it remove vsync? overclock GPU? etc..

Just would like a little more input if possible :)

thanks

I am not sure what you are asking or what you are referring to as huge gains.

I have never heard of any 60fps "speed limit".

My results posted are strictly benchmarking scores. These are not fps listings.

I did not do anything special, these drivers are the ones I pulled from the Qualcomm Dev Website.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
    gjcamp