[ROM] [Cyanogenmod] BASIK (5/9/2012)

Search This thread

ratchetandclankf

Jun 19, 2011
Not Telling U!
sites.google.com
I AM OFFICIALLY ABANDONING THIS ROM. It is already mostly working and has very little difference from regular CM7. You can still feel free to download it though.

Based on CM7, this is a ROM that provides a basic experience while keeping all features.
Working:
Pretty much everything.
The goods:
zipaligned
Minumum RAM usage
Using T-Mobile/ CM7 theme engine
Fully customizable
4G (maybe- not availible where I live.)
Standard Gingerbread launcher
Note: the messaging app might fail to send any messages. To fix this, go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> messaging -> clear data. Then restart your device.
Download:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1r6xwLvmb0oZDFGbXNGMV9lTVk
Screenshots (the ones titled "BASIK")
http://noobosaurousrex.lightbox.com/
I will eventually get a better image host this summer when I have more time on my hands.

Last edited:

adio01

Mar 20, 2011
Minneapolis
Based on CM7, this is a ROM that provides a basic experience while keeping all features.
Working:
Pretty much everything.
The goods:
zipaligned
Minumum RAM usage
Fully customizable
Note: the messaging app might fail to send any messages. To fix this, go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> messaging -> clear data. Then restart your device.
Download:
Screenshots coming soon.

So the big differance between normal CM7 and this is what? Some minor tweaks? :confused:

mkc90

Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
J just flashed this rom. Last night and I'm having trouble with the market. I can't download anything due to an error I seen this before. All I had to do to fix it force close and clear data.... I did this several times and nothing. I also restarted the phone couple time and nothing. And I get that annoying Google talk notification that it's trying to connect or whatever. I don't even use that app how can I stop that and fix the market.....I flashed the 201108 something gapps...

Help please thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

88exp88

Mar 7, 2012
J just flashed this rom. Last night and I'm having trouble with the market. I can't download anything due to an error I seen this before. All I had to do to fix it force close and clear data.... I did this several times and nothing. I also restarted the phone couple time and nothing. And I get that annoying Google talk notification that it's trying to connect or whatever. I don't even use that app how can I stop that and fix the market.....I flashed the 201108 something gapps...

Help please thanks

Read the op it has instructions for a fix

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com
I've been running CM7 for quite a while and it's been my daily since I am fed up with Sense and memory hogs. Been SENSEless for a while now... so I might give this one a try when I see a bit more development. I DO like the stock launcher instead of another software layer...

Just asking... would this be considered a KANG? Please enlighten me.

Thanks!

88exp88

Mar 7, 2012
No idea what's wrong then I would try flashing again if it doesn't bother you that much.....

ratchetandclankf

Jun 19, 2011
Not Telling U!
sites.google.com
I have not seen this issue before, even with several re-flashes of the ROM. Go back to the recovery, wipe everything but the SD card and flash both files again. Might be your data connection. Can you specify this error or even better send us screen caps of it? Just hold power button and tap Screenshot.

Last edited:

dgm80

Dec 12, 2010
For the market errors, try going into language and keyboard, select any other English language. Open market then close the market. Go back into language and select united states English again. This was recommended and it worked for me. Also, adding an additional Gmail account was recommended as well. Good luck.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
I've been running CM7 for quite a while and it's been my daily since I am fed up with Sense and memory hogs. Been SENSEless for a while now... so I might give this one a try when I see a bit more development. I DO like the stock launcher instead of another software layer...

Thanks!

There is really only one GB AOSP rom other than CM that can't be considered a kang in one way or another. That's SalvageMod. Really there is no shame in the kang, so long as the dev gives proper creds. (Which he did) I have a couple here in dev section myself. :)
Congrats to the OP on your first offering, I for one will be watching your progress. Hit me up anytime if you think I can help you out.

-jamie

Reactions: ratchetandclankf

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

He's making a ROM. Any issues or problems with that?

I will watch the progress on this one, looks interesting.
    I AM OFFICIALLY ABANDONING THIS ROM. It is already mostly working and has very little difference from regular CM7. You can still feel free to download it though.

Working:
    Pretty much everything.
    The goods:
    zipaligned
    Minumum RAM usage
    Fully customizable
    Standard Gingerbread launcher
    Download:
    Screenshots (the ones titled "BASIK")
    http://noobosaurousrex.lightbox.com/
    I will eventually get a better image host this summer when I have more time on my hands.

Thanks!

There is really only one GB AOSP rom other than CM that can't be considered a kang in one way or another. That's SalvageMod. Really there is no shame in the kang, so long as the dev gives proper creds. (Which he did) I have a couple here in dev section myself. :)
    Congrats to the OP on your first offering, I for one will be watching your progress. Hit me up anytime if you think I can help you out.

-jamie