Galaxy S Video Playback on ICS ROMS

Search This thread

arzbhatia

Jun 7, 2011
www.arzbhatia.com
Hey guys,
I'm gonna keep it short. My dad has a galaxy s and he's too fond of watching videos. Unfortunately, on every ROM I've tried, video playback isn't smooth at all. One of the reason I guess is the second core and hardware decoding issues whatever, but there should be a solution.. which I am not able to. I feel really bad for him, help me out?

He bought my a Galaxy Nexus and uses the i9000 himself and I really wanna help him out. :confused:

samhawk

Mar 5, 2012
xdaforums.com
hi guys.
hi TigerCourage and thank you. i was wondering about Video Playback and HD recording on ICS!!!
* i am now value pack 2.3.6 JVU and i am afraid to move ICS specially some guys told me to get back 2.3.3 an i don't understand why?

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
i'm om Aokp every video running smooth

btw dont try to play 1080p on the device it's not gonna work with H/W decoding it will lag as hell

Reactions: samhawk

vasumit

Hey guys,
I'm gonna keep it short. My dad has a galaxy s and he's too fond of watching videos. Unfortunately, on every ROM I've tried, video playback isn't smooth at all. One of the reason I guess is the second core and hardware decoding issues whatever, but there should be a solution.. which I am not able to. I feel really bad for him, help me out?

He bought my a Galaxy Nexus and uses the i9000 himself and I really wanna help him out. :confused:

MXPlayer works pretty good with the Galaxy S ICS Roms.:)

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
Confused by the OP's question: do videos not play at all? Or are there certain codecs/bitrates that are posing a problem?

To be perfectly clear: the term "lagfix" is essentially a filesystem change from RFS to EXT4 and is only applicable for Samsung ROMs that use RFS. All AOSP-like ROMs like CyanogenMod are using proper file systems (ext4 and yaffs2) to begin with so there is no "lag" to "fix." Consider the lagfix term deprecated :)

Reactions: eejjay

bufferpl

Sep 21, 2010
720p videos in wmv format do not support h/w decoding, therefore they are very slow. With mp4 or mkv it's all fine though.

Reactions: madushan92

Octhellion

Aug 13, 2011
Playback of 720p mkv's is fine for me on both Slim ICS 3.6 and the latest CM nightly with MXplayer/BSplayer.

But TV OUT is really bad though. 720p lags so much I only get about 2-3 fps. And lower res videos show a lot of screen tearing on the tv during scenes with a lot of movement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no problem with any sort of video on any ics rom that I have tried so far
    i'm om Aokp every video running smooth

btw dont try to play 1080p on the device it's not gonna work with H/W decoding it will lag as hell
    Confused by the OP's question: do videos not play at all? Or are there certain codecs/bitrates that are posing a problem?

To be perfectly clear: the term "lagfix" is essentially a filesystem change from RFS to EXT4 and is only applicable for Samsung ROMs that use RFS. All AOSP-like ROMs like CyanogenMod are using proper file systems (ext4 and yaffs2) to begin with so there is no "lag" to "fix." Consider the lagfix term deprecated :)
    720p videos in wmv format do not support h/w decoding, therefore they are very slow. With mp4 or mkv it's all fine though.