[DEV] CyanogenMod 10 marvel-ALPHA

Search This thread

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
Check with BetterBatteryStats what's going on.

I think we've fixed hotspot tethering.

That's awesome. Is there any way to lessen the screen's battery usage? It eats or maybe swallows my battery when I'm using Wi-Fi or mobile internet. My experience wasn't so good with third party apps for battery saving on gingerbread. Does it really have a good effect on ics?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda premium

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
That's awesome. Is there any way to lessen the screen's battery usage? It eats or maybe swallows my battery when I'm using Wi-Fi or mobile internet. My experience wasn't so good with third party apps for battery saving on gingerbread. Does it really have a good effect on ics?

BetterBatteryStats is a debugging tool not a tool to safe battery.

ElectronBeam Screen On is an animation if you activate the device. You can turn it on now ...

Reactions: dream707

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
BetterBatteryStats is a debugging tool not a tool to safe battery.

ElectronBeam Screen On is an animation if you activate the device. You can turn it on now ...

Actually I was taking to the guy above you. He was talking about easy battery saver. :p

Is the Wi-Fi hotspot fix confirmed?

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
@modpunk

Your camera overlay messes up compiling here, it doesn't like the xml. I have added it directly to the camera package but I will probably send you a fixed up version of it in the future, to keep things cleaner.

Unless I'm doing something wrong :p

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
@modpunk

Your camera overlay messes up compiling here, it doesn't like the xml. I have added it directly to the camera package but I will probably send you a fixed up version of it in the future, to keep things cleaner.

Unless I'm doing something wrong :p

You are doing something wrong.

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
Okay, so I got a list of ARMv6 devices so I could see which ones are our brothers.
Narrowed it down to HTC, found Legend. Here's the important stuff they have working:
Working (stable):
USB tethering
USB mass storage

FM radio, using spirit FM App and setting for msm7x30 Method
Wifi tethering with OpenGarden
Hw Acceleration (Stock Gallery, Live Wallpapers, Video, Youtube, Google Maps App, etc.).
GPS
Camera (photos, preview, panoramic).

Green= We have the problem sorted out.
Bold = Same issue
Red = Not fixed yet.

So, comparing the lists, we don't have panorama working. They do.

I guess this should help: https://github.com/zeubea/android_device_htc_legend/tree/ics/camera
It contains the camera HAL code.

They too, don't have camcorder working fully (like us) because of lack of OMX armv6 codecs.

So that's pretty much it. If I find any more bugs, I'll post them here and edit this post (maybe). :)

Good luck in fixing bugs, I'm trying my best to help.

CyanogenFire S™

AceRoom

Jan 2, 2012
Toronto
https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdevnet-forums/multimedia-optimization-qdsp/13248

Scroll all the way to the bottom. An official from Qualcomm has posted this:
In a previous forum post, we indicated that we would look into this request and, unfortunately we are not able to support video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL libs for Qualcomm's QDSP5 on MSM7x27. The architecture of MSM7x27 cannot support OpenMax video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL on QDSP5 running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

We appreciate the feedback and will continually monitor this thread.

This was found by goodguy25 at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1721173

Sounds like bad news for all msm7x27 devices. It seems the OMX libraries required for ICS aren't compatible with the armv6 instruction set and the OMX libraries from gingerbread are on a lower API than required for ICS.

Reactions: dream707

dream707

Jan 10, 2012
Minsk
Sounds like bad news for all msm7x27 devices. It seems the OMX libraries required for ICS aren't compatible with the armv6 instruction set and the OMX libraries from gingerbread are on a lower API than required for ICS.
I know it is hard but maybe it is possible to write some compatibility layer like HAL for gingerbread camera libs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header_transparent_alpha_jb.png

Preamble

This is the development thread for HTC Wildfire S and msm7227 devices. If you have questions about the code of the ROM and want to discuss changes and stuff we have developed feel free to ask here.

I've been working on a CM9 port for the HTC Wildfire S since January 2012 and started with CM10 in August 2012. After 5 month of work this I've released the first ALPHA of CM9. Getting CM10 was esier. Neither CM10 is stable yet nor the HTC Wildfire S (Marvel) port is complete. Most of the features are working but it still needs bugfixing and polishing. We would like to improve the code and get as much as possible upstream if they accept it. There will never be an official CM10 release as ARMv6 is not supported.

I have to thank alquez who ported CM7 for the HTC Wildfire S. His work was a good starting point for CM9 and then CM10. Also thanks to Tobias Droste who was working with me on this ROM. Tobias we finally made it!
    I also have to thank WinSuk and s0be working on CM9 and CM10 for the Liberty. We worked together with those guys to get CM9 and CM10 going. We will continue our collaboration in future.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

All bug reports should go to the bugtracker.

If you think you find a bug take a look at the bugtracker first. Check if it already has been reported.

Sources

You can find the source here: http://git.cryptomilk.org/

If you are a developer working on a msm7227 and want to collaborate, contact me directly.
    I've fixed deep sleep. The 'msm_serial_hs_dma' kernel wakelock was the culprit. Our platform doesn't support quick switch-on/off of Bluetooth Module which can be disabled with an overlay.
    This is a DEVELOPMENT thread so please stop off-topic discussions!

I've just switched completely to CM10 as most of the stuff is working. I would like to get software video playback working, so you can watch youtube videos. Currently it is playing some seconds and then reboots.

Everything else seems to be working so far. You just have no space left if you flash gapps :)

So ALPHA0 will be released as soon as Youtube videos are playing.
    I've started working on CM10. I have the first build.
    Yeah, together with WinSuk I fixed youtube video playback today. No, HQ videos still don't work as this is not hardware backed. The CPU needs to do all the work. We need to reduce undequeued buffers and change the msmfb kernel interface to return the correct version number.

ALPHA0 is near...

I still plan to reduce the ROM size by removing most wallpapers and use a gapps lite version.

gapps with removed:
    -GenieWidget
    -GoogleTTS
    -Talk
    -TalkBack
    -TTS files