Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [Tool] Downgrade VivoW with hb…
19th May 2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsplatt

are you just using tacoroot in place of the zergRush in this tool, following subsequent commands?
TIA brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdeanna

user PalmerCircle got it to work with this series of commands.

See my post here for some issues I'm having after doing all this

Yeah that's exactly what I and Palmer did. Tacoroot gives temp root then you continue forward with the fastboot commands.

For those that need a bit more detailed instructions:

ALL THESE STEPS ASSUMING YOU ARE USING COMMAND PROMPT AS ADMINISTRATOR (right click -> Run As Administrator from Start/Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt)
and
DISABLE FASTBOOT in Settings/Power (causes bootloops with tacoroot)

1. Download the HTC SuperTool V3 from here: http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showth...-Super-Tool-v3

2. Copy tacoroot.bin from this extracted folder and place it in the directory where you extracted files from the OP here (for me, the 'vwhk-12102011-c' directory)

3. adb push tacoroot.bin /data/local/

4. adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tacoroot.bin

5. adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.bin --setup
5a. This should boot your phone into recovery, when you see the red exclamation mark, hit Volume Up and Power to get into the stock recovery, once in stock recovery, HOLD Volume Up Volume Down and Power to force reboot the phone.

6. adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.bin --root
6a. Wait for the phone to reboot back up, if everything worked up until now, adb should have root (you can try by typing 'adb shell' and seeing if you a # vs a $, if you do this, type 'exit' to get out of shell mode)

6. adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/misc_version

7. adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version

8. adb shell sh -c '/data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 2.18.605.3'

9. adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.bin --undo

10. adb reboot bootloader

11. fastboot oem rebootRUU

12. fastboot erase cache

13. fastboot flash zip RUU_Vivo_W_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.18.605.3_Ra dio_1.09.01.0622_NV_VZW1.92_release_199487_signed. zip

14. fastboot reboot

Hope it all works out for you guys (if it doesn't not my problem!). You should be successfully downgraded to hboot 0.97 and Android 2.3.3 ready for revolutionary for S-OFF
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fsiddique For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fsiddique Ad-Free