Search This thread

pkatsaras

Feb 28, 2011
Piraeus
lg-mobile-l7-feature-flash-fancy_keyvisual_3_0v.jpg

ALL YOU NEED FOR LG OPTIMUS L7

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LG Optimus L7 Global Stock Firmwares for flashing through KDZ

Firmware V10K Europe Open

How to flash LG Optimus L7 with KDZ

FLASH BOOTLOADER PATCH v2 AND CWM TOUCH OFFICIAL (STABLE VERSION BUT AS ALWAYS YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK) CREDITS TO 4PDA, PAYBACK AND WHOEVER ALSO HELPED!

Instructions how to install bootloader and CWM

# HOW TO FLASH CUSTOM ROMS VIDEO GUIDE #

Deodexed Stock LG Keyboard CWM Flashable
For those who flashed a deodexed ROM and they want the stock LG Keyboard

For those who want Adobe Flash Player for Android check Here
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I AM NOT A DEVELOPER!!! All credits to the developers and those who found the ways in order to develop for our device...I just manage the first post!!! ;)

Last edited:

BGDonLINE

Oct 26, 2011
Dumping partitions with android terminal or adb shell

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]su[/COLOR]

You can do it only with root access

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/booty.img[/COLOR]
Backup boot.img to sdcard

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/system.img[/COLOR]
Backup system.img to sdcard

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/recovery.img[/COLOR]
Backup recovery.img to sdcard

Last edited:

BGDonLINE

Oct 26, 2011
Working with stock recovery

Here is little tut for messing with the stock recovery... :)

Our recovery works with command file which we have to create manually and write command into it....

You need to enter following in adb shell

Code:
su

You have to execute next commands as root

Code:
echo 'boot-recovery ' > /cache/recovery/command

Make command file

Code:
echo '--update_package=SDCARD:update.zip' >> /cache/recovery/command

Write command for installing update.zip

Code:
reboot recovery

Command for rebooting in recovery mode

Now when phone reboot and try to install update.zip it will give error than press power button for second or two and it will bring up recovery menu

Last edited:

BGDonLINE

Oct 26, 2011
History:

20.05 - Firmware changed and phone rooted... Firmware flash instruction / Root Script

21.05 - Flash Led can be damaged by using Ultra Brightness in Torch apps( for now happend on my device )

21.05 - Firmware List

30.05 - Deodexed Rom Development started

02.06 - Development paused due hard brick xD Phone is @local service and im gonna continue with work in max 7 days( or less )....

/* at least they will fix my broken flash led :p */

03.06 - V10D Firmware

03.06 - Fastboot DONE :)

29.06 - V10G Firmware

Last edited:

BGDonLINE

Oct 26, 2011
Money gathered for now 76.5$

Donations:

PANCIO - 10$ ( didn't see this donation on 4th of this month lol, but ill use it for money gathering ps. tnx :) )
Edwart Widianta - 5$
pkatsaras - 8.5$
Loh Kok Jien - 3$

Last edited:

rajalm29

Feb 7, 2012
Chicago, IL

pkatsaras

Feb 28, 2011
Piraeus
Wtf Owned!? o.0 i don't know how and why but i did manage to root it xD (proff images attached)

Last 3 action i did:

1)Usb Drivers updated over Lg Pc Suite
2)Dled app from http://unlockroot.com/ and run it
3) Dled script from here http://vulnfactory.org/public/spectrum_root_windows.zip and run it...

My mobile reboot and it was rooted...

Edit: forgot the link in step 3 xD

Hey man! Well done! I'll try it and report back! How about make a tutorial or a guide in Android Development and Hacking-> Android Software and Hacking General "How to root LG Optimus L7"? These are all the steps you did? Did you have the phone closed or open? Please write it a little bit more analytical!!!

Fabio R.

Jan 6, 2011
Hi at all guys !! I'm a new friend with our new phone . :) This evening try to root.

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda premium

BGDonLINE

Oct 26, 2011
Im on V10a 17apr, try and see is there any phone updates when connected to lg pc suite

Sent from my LG-P700 using XDA

pkatsaras

Feb 28, 2011
Piraeus
Im on V10a 17apr, try and see is there any phone updates when connected to lg pc suite

Sent from my LG-P700 using XDA

OK! So you can root the V10a but this way doesn't work for the latest update. I believe we must wait until someone can root the v10c... :s

EDIT: Suggestion @ BGDonLINE...Why don't you change the thread name to "LG Optimus L7 (P700) Development" so we can have an official thread for our phone? You can be the Godfather as you are the first to root the phone!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lg-mobile-l7-feature-flash-fancy_keyvisual_3_0v.jpg

ALL YOU NEED FOR LG OPTIMUS L7

LG Optimus L7 Global Stock Firmwares for flashing through KDZ

Firmware V10K Europe Open

How to flash LG Optimus L7 with KDZ

FLASH BOOTLOADER PATCH v2 AND CWM TOUCH OFFICIAL (STABLE VERSION BUT AS ALWAYS YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK) CREDITS TO 4PDA, PAYBACK AND WHOEVER ALSO HELPED!

Instructions how to install bootloader and CWM

# HOW TO FLASH CUSTOM ROMS VIDEO GUIDE #

Deodexed Stock LG Keyboard CWM Flashable
    For those who flashed a deodexed ROM and they want the stock LG Keyboard

For those who want Adobe Flash Player for Android check Here

I AM NOT A DEVELOPER!!! All credits to the developers and those who found the ways in order to develop for our device...I just manage the first post!!! ;)
    I FIND THIS ON 4PDA THIS MORNING, AND IF I TRANSLATE WELL THIS ASSUME TO BE RECOVERY WITHOUT UPSIDE-DOWN SCREEN..IF SOMEBODY HAVE ACOUNT ON 4PDA CAN DOWLOAD FILE FOR US TO CHECK IT..

Already checked and can confirm that everything works perfectly well!

For non-expert users I created a simplified procedure for installation of boot unlock and touch recovery. Here are the guidelines:

1. Download the attachment l7cwm.zip and unpack it in the root of your C: drive. It will create a folder C:\L7CWM.
    2. Attach your L7 P700/P705 phone via USB cable. 'USB Debugging' option has to be active. Phone should be in "Charge only" mode.
    3. Open the folder c:\L7CWM and run the file Flash_Bootloader.bat - this will unlock the bootloader and the phone should restart
    4. Open again the same folder and run Flash_Recovery.bat - this will flash the new custom touch controlled recovery and phone should restart again.
    5. If you want to use the recovery the simplest way - attache the phone via USB again and this time run Reboot2Recovery.bat file - the phone will restart, the LG logo will be displayed for a few seconds and the the phone will enter Recovery Mode.

Feel free to experiment, BUT BE WARNED - ANYTHING HAPPENING TO YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF USAGE OF THIS MODE IS ENTIRELY ON YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!!

NB: I myself successfully made a backup of my current phone state, then rebooted the phone, removed a couple of applications, went back to recovery and restored for the backup I have made. All removed applications had been successfully restored which proved that the backup/restore functionality is 100% reliable.

NB#2: For the moment I'll NOT recommend to try flashing any custom/Cyanogen/MIUI ROMS as far as their development is a early pre-alpha stage. Please be patient!
    Just to let everybody know, LG L series phones are receiving their apropriate device forums TODAY. I tried my best to achieve this, wrote to like 8 mods and administrators, organized people in the new device request thread, i wanna thank you all and we are going to meet up soon in our new home, device forum. All the threads will be moved to their device forums.
    GUIDE: HOW TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE via KDZ
    (In case of bootloops or soft bricks when you want to try something at your device or to update in the latest version of your country manually)

1) Download the latest firmware of your country from here -> LG OPTIMUS L7 FIRMWARES

2) Download this folder -> KDZ and unzip it

3) Download the latest drivers for the device from LG site (Windows USB Drivers) -> www.lg.com

4) Enable USB Debugging mode at your device from System Settings->Programmer Options (or sth like this)->tick USB Debugging Mode

5) Go System Settings -> Connectivity -> PC Software

6) Open the folder you unzipped the KDZ and run the file KDZ_FWD_UPD.exe

7) Close the device and put it in Emergency Mode (Push Volume Up+Power at the same time until the device vibrates and then release them)

8) Plug the device in the PC via USB

9) Go to the KDZ screen at your PC and choose Type: 3GQCT and Phone Mode: EMERGENCY

10) At KDZ file above, choose the file .kdz you've downloaded in step 1.

11) Click Launch software update and the flashing begins.

That's it! After this, the device should close and open. If after the shutdown of the device, the screen is black, open it youself. When the LG bootanimation stops, it should appear a white screen "Android Update". As always, I am not responsible for anything happens to your device, and of course BACKUP ANYTHING IMPORTANT FROM YOUR DEVICE!

ALL VERSIONS ROOTING GUIDE (THE HARD WAY)
    All credits go to skuskom for finding the way

I will try to gather in one post all the info about how to root all versions of LG Optimus Firmwares according to skuskom.

This method is not for noobs and it's little tricky.
    Idea:
    I saw that during kdz flashing (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18946763&postcount=1), flashing tool creates temp directory with unpacked image in c:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\system.img.ext4
    So to have rooted firmware is enough to modify system.img.ext4 and flash it somehow into the phone.

Sucessfull procedure:

1. during kdz flashing backup original system.img.ext4

2. mount system.img.ext4 and insert files needed for root (su, busybox, superuser.apk)

3. under Linux in terminal create mount dir and mount image on this dir:
    sudo mkdir /mnt/image
    sudo mount -o loop /path_to_image/system.img.ext4 /mnt/image

4. copy files for rooting into image:
    sudo cp /path_to_su_file/su /mnt/image/xbin
    sudo chown 0.0 /mnt/image/xbin/su
    sudo chmod 06755 /mnt/image/xbin/su

sudo cp /path_to_busybox_file/busybox /mnt/image/xbin
    sudo chmod 755 /mnt/image/xbin/busybox

sudo cp /path_to_superuser_file/superuser.apk /mnt/imagr/app

5. umount image:
    sudo umount /mnt/image

6. continue in Windows with flashing KDZ and replacing original image with patched one

7. after successful flashing install busybox with adb:

run adb shell:
    adb shell

in adb shell execute:
    su root
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    /system/xbin/busybox --install /system/xbin

8. restart phone and rooting is done.

9. start again kdz flashing and check direcotry c:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone. As soon as system.img.ext4 will be decompressed in full size replace it with modified image and flashing tool will flash it.

Enjoy :)

Also, there is a way to avoid the editing of the system.img.ex4. The way is someone else to root it and you have only to flash it.

So, what simply you have to do is to take the rooted system.img.ex4, go to step 9. of skuskom's guide and replace the file during flashing. It's very tricky way, be sure you have read again and again all instructions carefully before attempt rooting. As always YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOONE IS RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AND ALWAYS KEEP BACKUP OF WHAT YOU NEED.

Hope I've helped. Nothing of the above is mine. Credits to all the guys that helped so that I could find and gother in one post all these info...
    Almost done with getting CWM to work on our phone (I hope).
    Trying to sign it the same way as our current boot and recovery.
    Will let you know if it worked!