[ROM] ELIGOROM 3.0.0p1, now with more jellybean! cam works 8/26/2012

Search This thread

jamega2f

Nov 4, 2010
awesome when i get some time ill give it a try
Any news on the mms fix? i was so caught up that i didnt notice until i got pic message

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey guys

if you want something interesting to check out, this is it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655256

a new device came out called the desireC, and while using a snapdragon processor its got semi-close specs to our heroc. it runs sense 4.0 ics, and is actually pretty snappy for a lower end device.

some pretty awesome people are trying to port it, and if they get it working most definitely we will have a port.

scataldo721

Dec 30, 2010
hey guys

if you want something interesting to check out, this is it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655256

a new device came out called the desireC, and while using a snapdragon processor its got semi-close specs to our heroc. it runs sense 4.0 ics, and is actually pretty snappy for a lower end device.

some pretty awesome people are trying to port it, and if they get it working most definitely we will have a port.

I hope that this works out! :)

Sent from my HERO200 using xda premium

Reactions: whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey guys

im uploading 2 scripts to the original post for use with script manager

#1 is minfree, which sets your minfree values when given su and boot permissions in script manager

#2 is a check of the minfree values, run it in script manager to check and make sure your values are correct

please try them out and let me know any feedback, i wish minfrees could be done in init.d scripts but thats not working out so well, also if anyone knows how to mod the boot.img to set minfrees in stone suggestions are always welcome :)

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey guys (once again lol)

iceb0x over at the gsm hero forums told me about this, if you want to try out something new, here is ReloadedICS from rob43. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222

im attaching an update zip, but this only works with eligorom v2. not sure why exactly it doesnt want to work with v3, but oh well. flash this over top of v2 rom, updates, etc.

happy hacking!

Attachments

• update-reloaded-1.9b4-cm9-050712.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 7

Nilxchaos

Aug 6, 2010
hey guys (once again lol)

iceb0x over at the gsm hero forums told me about this, if you want to try out something new, here is ReloadedICS from rob43. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222

im attaching an update zip, but this only works with eligorom v2. not sure why exactly it doesnt want to work with v3, but oh well. flash this over top of v2 rom, updates, etc.

happy hacking!

Damn it man, I just finished setting up v3!

Thank you for your work though, v3 is pretty nice, if the evervolv toolbox worked and the "roaming indicator on" went away, it would be nearly perfect.

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey nilxchaos, (if you already know this stuff thats awesome, hopefully others that dont know might be able to learn also)

as long as you have adb set up, you can go ahead and try reloaded on v3. make a backup of your systemui.apk before you flash the update zip like so:

adb pull /system/SystemUI.apk /home/username/backups

if your using a linux system like i am,

or something like:

adb pull /system/SystemUI.apk c:\

if your using windows

or of course *use a root file manager like es file explorer*

if systemui keeps force closing on you after trying reloaded, then use adb to push your backup back into system and reboot:

adb push /home/username/backup/SystemUI.apk /system/app
adb reboot

remember, *do this before you flash the reloaded zip* as a precaution

and the roaming indicator on is a result of eri.xml not being in /data, so we can fix that by using adb again (since my update zips dont seem to work right for some reason, ill have to look into it)

adb shell mount -o remount, rw /data
adb push /home/username/eri.xml /data (or adb push c:\eri.xml /data)
adb shell radiooptions 1

ill attach the eri.xml to the end of this post, and if you dont have adb already set up you most definitely should set it up, anybody that needs any help let me know and ill point you in the right direction

Attachments

• eri.zip
    291 bytes · Views: 11

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
k guys

mongoosehelix over at the eris forums posted an update today, so expect me to do the same. i have been up way to long messing around with things so im gonna sleep first and post later.

its a 4.0.4 rom, which is kind of going back to v2, but first thing i noticed right away is almost no stutter in playing videos from sd card in quickpic! a huge turn in a great direction. i havnt tested youtube, but i will and report back later.

happy hacking! (lol once i get the new build up anyway)

edit: no youtube yet but being able to play a video from sdcard without it being majorly choppy is a great start

Last edited:
Reactions: Gargon87 and Loxxy

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
thank you rjcbugs, and everyone else

im hashing out a few problems in the new build, but some things are gonna change with it that i want to tell you guys about:

working video playing with quickpic (unfortunately no youtube yet, but i foresee that coming in the future)
ics 4.0.4
data roaming indicator is fixed, says sprint automatically now. not sure if mms works, but i think i may be closer than i was before with it.

im pretty sure all my new releases are going to be based directly off of new releases from eris, as they have some great progress going on over there and some great minds

ill upload to the first post when finished.

edit: first post updated with new rom link, flash new rom, gapps, and mmsfix.zip attached to end of the post and reboot, and then enjoy!

please let me know if mms works in stock messaging app also

Last edited:
Reactions: mrtimo

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey mrtimo

it works ok as a daily, its a little sluggish in some spots but not too bad other than that. everything works except for:

mms (still waiting on someone to flash the newest update, gapps, and the mms fix and try it out, it might work this time)

youtube (we dont have the right libs, not something easy to fix)

es file explorer wont work, im not sure why but im looking into it

other than that, for what i use it for (music, opera mini, google voice, gmail) it works great

if you try it out i hope you enjoy it, and keep an eye on the eris ics thread, it will keep you informed of updates and possible fixes and workarounds.

goliath714

Jan 23, 2010
Lynnwood
hey mrtimo

it works ok as a daily, its a little sluggish in some spots but not too bad other than that. everything works except for:

mms (still waiting on someone to flash the newest update, gapps, and the mms fix and try it out, it might work this time)

youtube (we dont have the right libs, not something easy to fix)

es file explorer wont work, im not sure why but im looking into it

other than that, for what i use it for (music, opera mini, google voice, gmail) it works great

if you try it out i hope you enjoy it, and keep an eye on the eris ics thread, it will keep you informed of updates and possible fixes and workarounds.
I'm having problems with getting this to boot with dastins opengl-2.0 mod. I'm on cwm 2.5.0.7, and my method for flashing is as follows(just a note, I'm being extremely thorough and careful): Flash rom, boot. Power off, battery pull, boot to recovery, flash gapps and mmsfix, boot. Power off, battery pull, boot to recovery, flash opengl-2.0 mod, boot. It will not boot at this stage, and I've left it sit for a while(over 10 min). Any suggestions or ideas? Also, will this rom work with any data2ext mod? Hoping the opengl mod will fix youtube but it won't boot so I'm stuck...

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey goliath

the opengl mod is no longer a suggested flash, in all actuality ive never seen it do any good in any ics rom yet. have you had luck with it and youtube in previous releases?

so in short, opengl mod cant be used on this rom. were just stuck without youtube until proper libs (if ever) come out for our devices. adreno 200 users got lucky, maybe petition qualcomm or htc for adreno 130 libs for ics? ill most definitely sign it.

as far as data2ext, ive never tried it so i cant say. but if you would like i can research into it and try it out. just let me know and ill start looking.

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
I've grown attached to the (relative) speed of 4.0.3, how does the update compare? I'll be happy to test, but this is a daily driver phone so wiping is a bit of a hassłe

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey shakes

in terms of stacking it up against 4.0.3, its a wee bit slower with a few more hangups. but not horrible, im using it full time right now

also 4.0.3 is kind of a dead end for us, as all the new things happening are on 4.0.4, and eventually 4.0.5. if you like 4.0.3, please stick with it. if you want to try out the new update, just make sure you nandroid first so you can jump back to it quickly and painlessly.

goliath714

Jan 23, 2010
Lynnwood
hey goliath

the opengl mod is no longer a suggested flash, in all actuality ive never seen it do any good in any ics rom yet. have you had luck with it and youtube in previous releases?

so in short, opengl mod cant be used on this rom. were just stuck without youtube until proper libs (if ever) come out for our devices. adreno 200 users got lucky, maybe petition qualcomm or htc for adreno 130 libs for ics? ill most definitely sign it.

as far as data2ext, ive never tried it so i cant say. but if you would like i can research into it and try it out. just let me know and ill start looking.
Ok, haven't actually tried youtube with opengl on other ics roms, but data2ext works just fine, tested it out today and got it installed and working correctly, so that's a definite relief.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i know guys, im horrible. lol. i said i was done porting. but i had a little time to spare and just couldnt help myself. this runs pretty well, on par with shelnutt2's cm10 nightlies, just has camera added and some other stuff.

now based off of jb, mongoosehelix projected p2 will be out this weekend, so maybe ill find time to get it ported.

changelog:

eligo-3.0.0p1: 8/26/2012
    initial upload
    camera works about like ics

k guys

if you try this rom, expect some level of bad juju. i guaruntee some things will not work right. but if you ask me to fix it i will try my hardest to do so.

to start, im not gifted enough to know how to develop, im just a lowly borrower, so if i have nothing to borrow, i have nothing to offer

also i take no responsibility for your phone crashing and burning in an epic fashion, and/or if your cat jumps off your keyboard and makes your coffee spill on your lap, or war, or famine, or disease, or anything of the sort. try at your own risk, dont bother me if your phone blows up

dont give me any credit, give the following people mad props and donate to them if you wish to:

mongoosehelix and all the crew over at the eris forums and evervolv for the rom

dsixda and his kitchen

shelnutt2

anyone else that helped that i may have forgot

im sure i forgot people, im sorry if i did and if i forgot you please yell at me and ill make sure to thank you

this is based off of 4.1.1, evervolv eligo 3.0.0p1 for the eris

what works:
    touchscreen
    sdcard
    radio (data and calls)
    adb
    camera preview and taking pics
    bigger keyboard, more like gb
    wifi
    buttons
    audio
    root
    vibration
    bluetooth
    usb mass storage
    minfrees set in kernel at boot time
    mms hopefully
    gps seems to lock on

try messing with camera settings in camera app, i turned down the resolution from 5 mp to UXGA and picture taking worked quicker and looked better in my opinion

works with problems:
    camcorder (displays preview but i cant get it to record)
    bluetooth
    audio, comes out of speaker but not 3.5mm audio jack
    other stuff im sure

what i didnt test: (lol its your jobs to test it)
    pretty much everything else

when you flash this, remember i did not sign it, so if your using clockworkmod recovery toggle signature verification

i turn off all vibration, except for notifications, that includes the keyboard as haptic feedback slows things down.

jb gapps ~17mb: http://www.mediafire.com/?p5cl09j6bqfdo1d

edit: changed gapps, ripped out stuff that slows down the rom, no functionality hit :)

go into phone app, hit menu, then settings, and check your voicemail number, im on boost so mine is my phone number

this port will not:
    most likely be a finished project
    win a beauty contest
    make your manhood bigger

if you see something wrong, please fix it or ask me to

and now for the link before i forget:

Eligo-3.0.0p1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vzuhrrc1ledxmp4

Eligorom 2.2.0b1-2 ICS (old, not supported anymore)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3aumitqaqzkalf8

happy flashing!
    im still here guys just been busy with stuff lately

the current affairs of ics on our old heroc is as follows:

we have almost hit a brick wall, as until hardware acceleration is implemented we cant go much further. as much as i hate to say it, gb might be the final frontier for our phones.

im watching linaro and their ics builds, they claim to have 100% speed increases on supported phones, so i wonder if some of their patches could be ported back to our heroes.

as always, if mongoosehelix and evervolv releases an update for the eris, i will jump all over porting it to our phones. i wont give up as long as there is something to port from.

thank you to all of the people who make the wheels turn as efficiently as they do, that includes the devs, and all the testers.
    I have a spare heroc with bad ESN that I use for testing new ROMS before I load them on my daily driver heroc. If you need any testing done just let me know!
    hey darthfruitloop,

did you use v2 (which is 4.0.4) or v3 (which is 4.0.3)?

v3 - 4.0.3 runs way better, its alot more stable too

camera is wonky at first try, wait until you see all controls show up on the screen and then press the settings button>then the triple stacked button, and change Picture Size to something smaller, it works alot better if you do that, and is more responsive. I'd recommend changing focus mode from auto to infinity also.

rom toolbox is not working right for cpu and govornor settings, so i ended up having to use an init.d script to accomplish the same thing. as it sits when you install it;

services.jar is ready for supercharger v6 script (only bulletproofing/die-hard/etc launcher, minfrees wont stick for some reason)

cpu govornor is smartassv2, set at low end 352 and high end 710. -if you want to change this you can use an app such as setcpu which is free on xda if you search for it, or you can go into /system/etc/init.d and change the file called 13cpuspeed.

for minfrees i use auto memory manager, it works pretty good on the aggressive setting. also make sure under settings>developer options>background process limit> is set to "at most 4 processes"

the culmination of all those and the use of zeam launcher, it runs about as fast as gingerbread for me. little bit wonky sometimes, but only sometimes.

im glad to have you as a tester and if you encounter any bugs please let me know and ill do my best to rectify the situation.
    mediafire link is working fine over here, try again, if you you still cant download from mediafire and need something else just let me know and ill set up a mirror but you may have just got a bad download, it happens