[TIP] Remove LinkifyDispatcher on Sense 3.6 ICS

Search This thread

crpercodani

Dec 11, 2008
Athol
If you've noticed that clicking certain links no longer gives you a choice of which app you'd like to open it with, such as a YouTube link going straight to the browser instead of asking which app, this is the cause of it. Use Root Explorer or ES with root privs and navigate to /system/app and delete HTCLinkifyDispatcher.apk
Problem solved.

P.S. Make a backup of it if you wish incase a bug arises. I've deleted it on 2 of the 3.6 ICS roms with no trouble though.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

bagelicious

Sep 27, 2010
Thank you so much! I have a Reddit widget and I really missed having the comments load in a Reddit app instead of the browser. This might be my favorite ICS tip yet. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

crpercodani

Dec 11, 2008
Athol
No problem. Did some reading and the reason they implemented this is to comply with the Apple ITC ruling about linking text to apps.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
So I backed it up using TB and uninstalled using that as well I tried to just freeze it but that stopped all links from working.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

bagelicious

Sep 27, 2010
Settings, App Associations. Problem solved with no app deletions.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。

I tried this the other day when someone posted it and was unable to get links to Reddit to open in one of my Reddit apps. Perhaps I was doing it wrong, but this way is easier. Problem solved with no crippleware remaining.

Top Liked Posts