[Q] Charging paused. Voltage too high

Search This thread

hardst0ne

Nov 18, 2008
Gurgaon
Info: Charging paused. Voltage too high

Couple of days back updated My GS Note to official ICS 4.03. Today morning, suddenly after removing charger, facing a problem. every few seconds it beep with message " Info: Charging paused. Voltage too high".

When I reconnect charger or USB, there is no issue at all. But after removing cable, the problem continues.

Not sure any other GS note user are facing same problem or not?

shahidhussain

Jan 28, 2010

Couple of days back updated My GS Note to official ICS 4.03. Today morning, suddenly after removing charger, facing a problem. every few seconds it beep with message " Info: Charging paused. Voltage too high".

When I reconnect charger or USB, there is no issue at all. But after removing cable, the problem continues.

Shut down your phone remove the battery for some time (around half an hour). Also check there is no dirt in battery compartment or inside the charging port.

Reactions: chrismcnally

akhugsal

Mar 4, 2012
Delhi
Flash any stock firmware if you are on any custom rom and take it to the nearest service center
There might be temporary fixes but permanent fixture would be to replace the usb docking port which need to be replaced...

ohmlawx

Aug 22, 2010
hi bro,

happen to me n my friend as well. what i did is, clean the usb port. using a piece of paper, wipe clean the in between the connector.. also if the hair dryer is available, blow dry the port..

Bolshoie

Feb 17, 2011
Manila
This happened to me earlier and it keeps bugging the hell out of me, then I remembered that earlier this morning I used my Pantech charging cradle before plugging it directly to the mini usb port and it started bugging me with the charging error....tried blowing on the port,using different chargers but when I tried using the pantech charging dock it stopped and charged normally.I guess this will have to do as of now

Reactions: drsomchai

lukasspro777

May 18, 2012
Belgrade
My friend had that happen to him because of dirty contacts on the phone/USB cable. Just blow it out good, or use a swab with alcohol to clean it.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 4.0.3 via XDA

lamou1nr

Dec 23, 2010
Petoskey
My friend had that happen to him because of dirty contacts on the phone/USB cable. Just blow it out good, or use a swab with alcohol to clean it.

I had this problem. There was a bit of pocket lint causing the issue. A swab with alcohol will do, but don't blow in there. Your breath has a lot of moisture in it. Those pins are sensitive and moisture can cause the "phantom car mode" issue.

chrismcnally

Mar 7, 2012
Brooklyn
Cleaning USB port worked

I removed the battery and used a little rubbing alcohol on a tiny brush (used to clean between teeth, a pickster). It rebooted and worked for a few minutes then the message came back.

Last edited:

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
Unfortunately I have seen this far too many times with Samsung phones. I once had a Skyrocket that had this issue, and then it wouldn't be recognized when plugged into the computer. Cleaned the port, used different cables, changed the rom etc. No dice.
My work phone (galaxy s2) started this yesterday. Then my Note was acting erratically while charged.
My best advise is to clean the port, and get another charger immediately. New cable/wall plug. My note is charging fine at home just not with the car charger (brand new Rocket fish). I'm lucky I caught it in time. Now my S2 is damaged.
I have also heard that the stock samsung chargers has a chip that detects when the phone is charged. Therefore using 3rd party chargers could therectically damage the phone.
Although I truely hate Apple phones, I think the 30 pin connector is far superior to micro USB. Too many problems.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

tejasdave

Feb 2, 2012
I did a factory reset and the problem seems to have been solved.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

blackfire08

Jul 16, 2009
Ankara
I removed the battery and used a little rubbing alcohol on a tiny brush (used to clean between teeth, a pickster). It rebooted and worked for a few minutes then the message came back.

It was the same for almost 3 weeks for me.. I bought "Charger Port Micro USB Connector Mic Flex Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000" from ebay. This morning i received it. I replaced the part. Now it is perfect. Replacement this part is very easy. I bought it for 9 dolars.

This error is a hardware fault. So you have to replace the part. May be cleaning it solves the problem but it would be a temporary solution.

chrismcnally

Mar 7, 2012
Brooklyn
So you replaced the charging port on the note. It's good to know that is an option.

The cleaning of the USB port and then a full charge cycle using the Samsung original wall charger has fixed it for me. I have not had the error since.

It was the same for almost 3 weeks for me.. I bought "Charger Port Micro USB Connector Mic Flex Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000" from ebay. This morning i received it. I replaced the part. Now it is perfect. Replacement this part is very easy. I bought it for 9 dolars.

This error is a hardware fault. So you have to replace the part. May be cleaning it solves the problem but it would be a temporary solution.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

woodyear99

Dec 24, 2010

hey

I'm having the same issue it looks like it really is the usb connector.

Anyway I don't have any warranty left so I'd like to give this a shot. Has this new charging port lasted? I hope it lasts longer than the one I got in my Note :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi bro,

happen to me n my friend as well. what i did is, clean the usb port. using a piece of paper, wipe clean the in between the connector.. also if the hair dryer is available, blow dry the port..

Shut down your phone remove the battery for some time (around half an hour). Also check there is no dirt in battery compartment or inside the charging port.
    This happened to me earlier and it keeps bugging the hell out of me, then I remembered that earlier this morning I used my Pantech charging cradle before plugging it directly to the mini usb port and it started bugging me with the charging error....tried blowing on the port,using different chargers but when I tried using the pantech charging dock it stopped and charged normally.I guess this will have to do as of now

I had this problem. There was a bit of pocket lint causing the issue. A swab with alcohol will do, but don't blow in there. Your breath has a lot of moisture in it. Those pins are sensitive and moisture can cause the "phantom car mode" issue.