[Q] will there be an ics stock update for droid razr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
Of course there will be an ics ota. There are many leaks. Moto built them. It is coming. I'm saying b4 end of July.

marawan31

May 16, 2012
wow you guys need to relax. i did search before posting and i found the exact same link as the second post did. only problem is my device wasnt listed in the region. it says droid razr from usa is getting update on q2 2012. i have a droid razr from canada. so i had doubts. then i found out motorola droid razr is actually called motorola razr in canada. unfortunatly after i posted this thread.

collins521

Apr 29, 2006
Tennessee
Seriously, you asked if the DROID RAZR would get ICS....last time I checked that means it could be any DROID RAZR no matter where it is. You didn't mention anything about Canada or any other region. This has been discussed many times, wasn't trying to attack but it seems like a wasted thread when you ask if the RAZR will get ICS when its a pretty easy topic to find when you search

MyEntityRemains

Apr 11, 2012
Of course there will be an ics ota. There are many leaks. Moto built them. It is coming. I'm saying b4 end of July.

End of July, huh? Based on what? So now you're predicting Q3? Motorola was updating ICS like crazy for awhile, but seemed to have stopped after .206....I predict it to be the final build and it will be released before end of June, probably sooner.

kimo91

Dec 21, 2010
Honestly if you did a basic search you would've seen Motorola's official release for ICS for our Razrs among other Motorola devices for Q2. There are tons of threads pertaining to ICS release dates as well as rumors of its impending release.

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
End of July, huh? Based on what? So now you're predicting Q3? Motorola was updating ICS like crazy for awhile, but seemed to have stopped after .206....I predict it to be the final build and it will be released before end of June, probably sooner.

Just guessing. I am on ics 206 and it has a few little bugs. If they don't catch it then they may release it but I feel it needs more work. I hope they do drop it in June but I dunno. Verizon is your problem...not moto. The builds are already done. They should clean up another one before an ota drops.
Look at the nexus. Needs plenty of bug fixes being on 402 and 404 has been built since??? February and still no ota. I don't know what more confusing, the fact that the manufacturers are making the update or that the carriers are deciding when lol.
Manufacturers should be manufacturing and supporting their devices and carriers should be just that...carriers. nothing more.

MyEntityRemains

Apr 11, 2012
Just guessing. I am on ics 206 and it has a few little bugs. If they don't catch it then they may release it but I feel it needs more work. I hope they do drop it in June but I dunno. Verizon is your problem...not moto. The builds are already done. They should clean up another one before an ota drops.
Look at the nexus. Needs plenty of bug fixes being on 402 and 404 has been built since??? February and still no ota. I don't know what more confusing, the fact that the manufacturers are making the update or that the carriers are deciding when lol.
Manufacturers should be manufacturing and supporting their devices and carriers should be just that...carriers. nothing more.

The main reason I dumped the Nexus was for the lack of CDMA support. You are exactly right about the 4.0.4 update, but it still didn't fix the radio (reception) issues. I ran the 4.0.4 leak until the day I ditched it, but the reception was very poor and that is a common complaint with the Nexus. My RAZR has near perfect reception. Hopefully ICS doesn't hurt it.

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
I bought my wife a nexus and its a solid device but some things are just not right. Not even compared to the 206 leak lol. I will say that the radios w the leak are pretty good. I seem to get faster 3g and better 4g but have a few random issues. Nothing major but it could be attributed to the new radios. I will say that battery life is a noticeable improvement on my maxx w ics vs gbread. Hard to believe it could get better but even leaving it unrooted and just disabling 30+ apps thru ics is great!

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
Seriously, you asked if the DROID RAZR would get ICS....last time I checked that means it could be any DROID RAZR no matter where it is. You didn't mention anything about Canada or any other region. This has been discussed many times, wasn't trying to attack but it seems like a wasted thread when you ask if the RAZR will get ICS when its a pretty easy topic to find when you search

Well, perhaps it's just semantics, but technically, by saying "Droid RAZR," that means the Verizon version and only the Verizon version. Verizon licensed the Droid name, and they're the only carrier in the world that legally has the rights to add it to the name of their phones. Everywhere else in the world, for every other carrier, this phone is called the Motorola RAZR. So by saying "Droid RAZR," the OP is actually referring only to the Verizon version, which makes the thread even more amusing since that's not the device that he/she is actually wanting to talk about. It wasn't too general, it was specific in the wrong way.

That said, I agree that a simple look through the threads on the first page of the forum would have provided the answer the OP was looking for. But, there's no way to make everyone fall in line with forum etiquette. :)

collins521

Apr 29, 2006
Tennessee
Well I guess we should talk to XDA and have them make a separate section for a "Motorola RAZR" so we don't confuse those with a Motorola RAZR or a "Motorola Droid RAZR" :) Lets make sure we are all technical about it jk

dougstrummer

Apr 22, 2011
More sales?!?

The most surprising thing about Moto/Verizon and the delays in releasing ICS to all of their phones (including my Maxx!!) is that they are hampering additional sales of new devices to new users...yes, SALES...it makes the world go 'round. I'm a CEO of a group of manufacturing companies and, very simply, you do whatever it takes to continue making SALES. The Maxx is already so good, why wouldn't you hustle ICS out to these phones...you would see NEW customers lining up around Verizon stores to purchase these devices, and all exclaiming "iPhone who?" (incidentally, I gave up my 4S about a month ago to come back to the customization capabilities of Android to make my phone a better productivity tool than my iPhone 4S was...couldn't be happier, btw).

So wake up Moto/Verizon...generate more device SALES and satisfy your shareholders, if for no other reason....and crank out some ICS for everyone!!!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts