How to Sim Unlock ?

Search This thread

aiduxxx

Aug 31, 2011
Hi . I got my S3 and it has sim locked to 3 network . Is there any way that i could unlock it for free ??

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
+1 getting mine this weekend and it's been confirmed that it will be locked to 3 Ireland and im with Tesco Mobile, can someone please post unlocking codes or method as soon as it becomes available otherwise i wont be able to use my phone.

Perhaps the mods can make this a sticky as well no doubt there are many people looking to get it unlocked.

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
Galaxy S unlock from the Play store works on SGS1 & SGS2. Not sure if it works on the S3 though.

If you want to try it I suggest you root first then backup your efs folder in case you lose your imei. Worth a try I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Reactions: jonny68

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Galaxy S unlock from the Play store works on SGS1 & SGS2. Not sure if it works on the S3 though.

If you want to try it I suggest you root first then backup your efs folder in case you lose your imei. Worth a try I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Thanks mate but id sooner not risk it in case, i recall shortly after the Galaxy S2 was released i think it was Chainfire posted a program or app which could unlock the phone and worked a treat and was for free,hopefully someone else can do similar ASAP.:)

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Hi . I got my S3 and it has sim locked to 3 network . Is there any way that i could unlock it for free ??

If your phone is rooted PM me a link to your nv_data.bin and I will take a look, initial analysis of the GT-I9300 nv_data.bin indicates a possible simlock block sign, but I cannot be sure without more files as an example.

Thanks to Zanr Zij who supplied his nv_data.bin file to me first.

kinnyfaifai

Mar 17, 2009
My first ever Samsung handset, I don't have a different operator SIM to check if my handset is simlocked, is there a code i can tap into SGS3 to find this out?

Many thanks!

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
I though one of the main advantages of the international phone was that it came unlocked. Am I missing something?

talisin

Nov 17, 2011
Swansea
well got mine through yesterday, i used phones 4 u to upgrade and using the code in a previous post shows there is no locks what so ever on my handset :)

tashman84

May 17, 2009
I received my S3 on theTthree network earlier today.

It has a 3 boot up logo but is not sim locked at all.

I have tested with Orange and O2 sims and both work perfectly.

Tom

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I received my S3 on theTthree network earlier today.

It has a 3 boot up logo but is not sim locked at all.

I have tested with Orange and O2 sims and both work perfectly.

Tom

What country is that mate?

I've never been with 3 but some people are saying that their phones are always locked whereas others are saying they are not but it would be useful to have unlocking codes that work, im reluctant to purchase before then as i don't wanna have to spend €20/30 to unlock.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

If your phone is rooted PM me a link to your nv_data.bin and I will take a look, initial analysis of the GT-I9300 nv_data.bin indicates a possible simlock block sign, but I cannot be sure without more files as an example.

Thanks to Zanr Zij who supplied his nv_data.bin file to me first.

Cheers mate i remember you from the SGSII forums, let us know how you get on with the unlocking :)

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
Not very well at the moment since no one has provided their nv_data.bin files, note this offer is open to anyone and the phone does not have to be locked to help.

Mr Odia, the file is on its way, hang tight :D
I have a unlocked phone by the way

Edit: PM sent with file

Last edited:

m33ts4k0z

Jul 16, 2011
Örebro
Not very well at the moment since no one has provided their nv_data.bin files, note this offer is open to anyone and the phone does not have to be locked to help.

Hello Odia,

I sent you the files you asked. Please let me know if you need anything else. I would be really pleased to unlock my phone :)

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks guys.

Well its as I suspected from the file provided by Zanr Zij, there is a 256 bytes sign after the second simlock block, only I am not sure what its signing at the moment, so I need a before and after unlock by code nv_data.bin file or someone with a locked phone who will allow me to try somethings out over TeamViewer, I will take the required backups, but cannot guarantee the phone will not be corrupted.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Haven't yet purchased the phone yet so afraid cant be of any assistance but im keeping a close eye on this thread as soon as there is a successful unlocking code ill purchase.:)

Top Liked Posts