[PLEDGE] Give CyanogenMod / TeamHacksung a Galaxy S3!

Search This thread

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
CM9 will be epic on the S3....will donate when I get home (forgot my wallet so no lunch for me :(.......donut :p)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

BoneMo

Jun 25, 2009
Prague
info ?

has somebody information from codeworkx or xplodwild about CM9 ?

I know that SGSIII is out for just few days...but for now it looks like no CM9/AOKP/MIUI...no info..no threads..no google :(

LeviathanPT

Oct 11, 2010
Lisboa
has somebody information from codeworkx or xplodwild about CM9 ?

I know that SGSIII is out for just few days...but for now it looks like no CM9/AOKP/MIUI...no info..no threads..no google :(

You need to improve your Google Skill my young padawan !

https://www.google.pt/search?hl=en&....,cf.osb&fp=fe0792ab78906cab&biw=1920&bih=950

yoda-google.jpg

LeviathanPT

Oct 11, 2010
Lisboa
Guillaume (xplodwild form TeamHacksung) twittered he just saw CM9 on his Galaxy S3.
Tweed an Youtube Video are no longer there. Dont know why.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

look at the Video description

h ttps://plus.google.com/u/0/103080776076916270558/posts/ccSFDqDdDWS

They are hiding the truth !

NeoCream

Apr 20, 2011
Zürich
I just hope that teamhacksung can port CM9 to the GS3 in a good quality.

Comming from the Xperia I have some mixing feelings toward CM7 and CM9. I mean in general I like the system BUT... it's a shame that some basic feature (like radio) will somehow never work on the device.

Also the camera quality was always below the one of the stock camera and CM has a reputation of being a battery-killer :-(

I hope teamhacksung has some better skills and access to drivers/libs and can squeez out the most of this great device in combination with CM9...

Actually I'm looking forward for the ICS-Based MIUI version for the GS3 :)

Bulut.O

Apr 15, 2010
Frankfurt
thats the only thing i am waiting for...
+10€ from me...

i would put a gun on their heads to hurry up if i could :)

avocco

Apr 28, 2007
Stockport
Just donated as well. Had Cyanogenmod 9 running on my Galaxy Note and that was perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not entirely sure I will want to put a vanilla or CM on this phone right away... the stock Touchwiz ROM seems to have a lot of nice features.. Unless these can be incorporated into a ROM that is based on CM9 or what-have-you I think I will try running a stock Touchwiz ROM with root access.. I have never used Touchwiz but even if I had I couldn't definitively say I won't like this because it's new to everyone.

You'll be amazed by ideas we folks got during the announcement. ;-)
    Believe me, CM9 will be better than TouchWiz once it's done. More details to come in the next days.

(That's the hell of a teaser)
    dont leave us gs2 users :(
    any update on your open source kernel?

Don't worry - As mentioned before, we're working on the Note also :)
    As for the kernel, we were waiting on 3.4 to be "ready". It's now the case, and we started the real work, codeworkx, me, Espjenfo and Entropy all together ;)
    Thanks for being so sarcastic. I guess things went a bit too fast.

Actually, while the Galaxy S3 will have many great features, they're all software-based. And after looking deeply, there's nothing that prevents us from adding these nice features to an AOSP ROM, for instance CyanogenMod 9.

Hence why, Galaxy S3, once running CyanogenMod 9, will profit from a community effort started recently to bring manufacturers' features to all CM9-enabled devices. This can include actions triggered by motion, and other features so-called "natural".
    You can find out more details at http://opendesign.blamesamsung.org/. Details on specific features, as well as the ability for everyone to request this kind of features, will be available on May 10th.

I can only thank once more people that will help Team Hacksung and CyanogenMod getting a Galaxy S III, to help all CyanogenMod 9 devices.
    Same as it's right now on SGS2? Rite?
    Gimme a break.

CM9 never WAS better than TouchWiz. I want all the feature the phone had when I bought it. This means FM radio, proper video codecs, proper video recording, 100% functional GPS, good battery and so on. Something that you cannot achieve with overhyped CMx.

Now with Galaxy S III many features are bound in TouchWizz software (such as S Beam, DirectCall, etc)... I really doubt that cm team will be able to port ALL the goodies from TW apps/framework.
    Honestly I prefer ICS look with TouchWizz features.

Sorry but I couldn't resist to "Believe me, CM9 will be better than TouchWiz once it's done" buls*it :eek:
    I should stop here..

Nobody forces you to use CM. Nobody cares about your opinion here.
    So please leave this place and be happy with your stock rom.
    Everyone can use whatever he wants to use.
    I don't want to start a fight.. and really It's no fun for me writing this type of posts. But I just cannot shut up when I observe some exaggerations.
    I've attacked his claim because he is one of TeamHacksung CM leaders and I've considered it as an "official message". I think he should make more responsible claims because of his position.

Sorry

In his opinion CM9 is better than any touchwiz rom. In mine, too.
    Tastes differ.

And CM9 is still experimental and unfinished.
    You cannot compare a experimental product with a finished one.

FM Radio support will come to CM9 if somebody finds the time to implement it. Doesn't work on any device at the moment because it's simply missing yet.
    Same for the other things. Just takes time.
    Freetime, a lot of freetime. Besides job, family, friends and so on.

Did you ever spend countless hours of freetime on a project like this?
    No documentation, no sources, no support from the manufacturer? Probably not. You wouldn't talk like this.