[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Thanx for the last 3 replies !

I'm excited now...:D

Last question : i am using franco.kernel milestone 4... is it 'suggested' for Paranoid ? Or do you use other kernels ?

;)

Franco works just fine with this ROM. But I prefer CMPlus, things run smoother for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

lesilent

Aug 9, 2011
I'll do some tests with different kernels.

If i make a backup when i am in CWM Recovery...could i restore the ENTIRE system/settings of my current rom ? (in case i don't feel comfortable with Paranoid..:))

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
I'll do some tests with different kernels.

If i make a backup when i am in CWM Recovery...could i restore the ENTIRE system/settings of my current rom ? (in case i don't feel comfortable with Paranoid..:))

Yes, just wipe and then restore the nandroid if you end up not liking this ROM. Though I'm sure you will :)

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
Please PM me with a link to your git, svn, or other means for hosting source. I've looked across the website, and haven't been able to find it. Also waited ~7hours in chat, and haven't heard a response.
I hope you understand that it is a GPL violation to withhold source code. I'm very interested in taking a look. Thank you.

LMAO!

You my friend, are a class 1, special forces elite, grade A DICKHEAD. So please take your threats somewhere else, as this is one of few threads on XDA where everyone gets along.

I ll translate that in simple English for you: **ahem** Nobody is interested in what you have to say, or in your meaningless "threats". OP will release when he's good and ready. So until then, grab a snickers....and wait.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Please PM me with a link to your git, svn, or other means for hosting source. I've looked across the website, and haven't been able to find it. Also waited ~7hours in chat, and haven't heard a response.
I hope you understand that it is a GPL violation to withhold source code. I'm very interested in taking a look. Thank you.

If well, this is not the way to ask for sources, and you did a very bad first step, you're right that it's not good to hold GPL sources. We're actually pushing our sources to what is right now a private git, but will become public when the project is stable enough. We're sumbitting most of our modifications to CM gerrit, so we're somehow open sourcing it already. Now I'd appreciate that you stop doing this unuseful kind of posts.

btw, bad place to say this kind of things... you will get flamed.

LMAO!

You my friend, are a class 1, special forces elite, grade A DICKHEAD. So please take your threats somewhere else, as this is one of few threads on XDA where everyone gets along.

I ll translate that in simple English for you: **ahem** Nobody is interested in what you have to say, or in your meaningless "threats". OP will release when he's good and ready. So until then, grab a snickers....and wait.

Said.. Headshot.

clarkey1269

Aug 6, 2010
LMAO!

*high five*

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
This is how sexy Android can be ;)

47-presentationstockp98uuj.png

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
If well, this is not the way to ask for sources, and you did a very bad first step, you're right that it's not good to hold GPL sources. We're actually pushing our sources to what is right now a private git, but will become public when the project is stable enough. We're sumbitting most of our modifications to CM gerrit, so we're somehow open sourcing it already. Now I'd appreciate that you stop doing this unuseful kind of posts.

btw, bad place to say this kind of things... you will get flamed.

Said.. Headshot.

Oh!, btw, correction, CM is not GPL, but Apache ;). I'm not actually sure, because I never actually searched about it but it seems like Redistribution of modified source codes is not needed. Quoting my friend wikipedia

The Apache License is permissive, so it does not require modified versions of the software to be distributed using the same license (unlike copyleft licenses - see comparison). In every licensed file, any original copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices in redistributed code must be preserved (excluding notices that do not pertain to any part of the derivative works)

whatthefish

Dec 25, 2011
Is there an update soon? and how soon? Lol. :D im excited for the update of this rom.

phunkycow

Apr 23, 2009
London, UK
Oh!, btw, correction, CM is not GPL, but Apache ;). I'm not actually sure, because I never actually searched about it but it seems like Redistribution of modified source codes is not needed. Quoting my friend wikipedia

Just ignore him. AFAIK you don't have to release anything. The GPL rule in XDA applies to kernels (unless they changed it recently, in which case I stand corrected in advance :p).

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
Is there an update soon? and how soon? Lol. :D im excited for the update of this rom.

not sure . working my ass off to get down do this fb/pad-pal issue but havent figured it out. i try for some more days and then its either breakthrough or people gotta live with their cropped images.

xboxgmx.li

Mar 1, 2011
near benz-town
not sure . working my ass off to get down do this fb/pad-pal issue but havent figured it out. i try for some more days and then its either breakthrough or people gotta live with their cropped images.

relax mate, get out on fresh air.... take a deep breath... and.... drink a shnapz..;)
we dont wana loos u... because of ur awesome work doin hybrid... nich ueberarbeiten:thumbup:

sent from my Gnex PA hybrid...

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
you must be kidding, youre not for real. gpl ... i dont believe it. im not selling this stuff, im doing it because i have an idea and i dont want this feeble thing to be abused right now. i wont push the code out until i think i have something that will not result in a mess the moment its out. i already went to teamhacksungs irc and told them personally i will commit it to their git so you better get off my back.

GPL doesn't apply. Android is Apache licensed. GPL applies only to the kernel, which wasn't changed. You aren't required to release source, though I hope you do so that others can help out.

http://source.android.com/source/licenses.html

bill12690

Mar 9, 2010
moles, or anyone else with the knowledge... just looking for a little help, this is something I've pursued on and off with no luck. What I want to do it set the status/nav background to a semi-transparent black, instead of solid.

I've heard it causes a lot of lag, but if I can't do that, or if it is super laggy, I'd like to be able to change it to my own custom png, such as a piece of my wallpaper with a 50% black overlay, to replicate a transparent nav bar.

Can anyone direct me to the correct xml, or even png to change? I've tried changing the values in status_bar.xml and navigation_bar.xml to force a transparent black, but it's still solid. I read on some smali edits that needed to be made to allow for transparency, but the smali files are different than the ones I have.

Sorry, I know this isn't the right place for this post, I just know this thread gets a lot more views than some of the others and this seems the most helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts