bored with ics with no greate feature

Search This thread

prophet_in

Feb 25, 2010
my excitement died out as soon as i got the new ics update, thought it would have some better features , rather i got face unlock not working in dark and some new settings to play with , tried to fiddle with new settings but the excitement just is dying i was expecting some features like camera app from unlock, taking photos from recording and some extra bit of features which would help me in my day to day life

i dont use the formula match do u in your day to day life use formula match, and shape match..?? s note is a good app but...

i am not a expert user and am afraid to flash new roms because of bugs

thewelt1

Feb 2, 2011
belfast
Yep totally agree I had a better experience on my x10 with an ics Rom...there's so much more they could have achieved with such a good device..and for the battery that's another story:)...bak to gb for me..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

H

hing98

my excitement died out as soon as i got the new ics update, thought it would have some better features , rather i got face unlock not working in dark and some new settings to play with , tried to fiddle with new settings but the excitement just is dying i was expecting some features like camera app from unlock, taking photos from recording and some extra bit of features which would help me in my day to day life

i dont use the formula match do u in your day to day life use formula match, and shape match..?? s note is a good app but...

i am not a expert user and am afraid to flash new roms because of bugs
I felt the same as you, all the ICS custom ROMS are plain and boring, i found it laggy and unstable with too many FCS but when I came across ParanoidAndroid, I could not go back to GB :) With the tablet mode enabled, i feel like my device is on a whole new level.

Give it a go! Battery life is excellent, restored all apps from Google Play Store from 45% now down to 37% with over 10 Apps restored including its settings etc..

Love the smoothness of this ROM!

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
The only thing I was interested in was gpu, and multicore support throughout, thats made such a massive difference o the device. All the other features of ics, you can get by installing a different launcher. Pretty much every new android update there's normally only a handful of features that you can't get already by downloading app from the play store, and rooting. Thats the beauty of android apple users always say android is fragmantated because we don't get the updates, but what tey don't realise is most often features google implement are taken from custom roms, launchers, apps or rooting and using a mod created on here. At android you don't need the new os if you want new features.

ilegales

Jun 6, 2012
i was hoping for the same ICS as the galaxy nexus has

i have been trying apex launcher as its quite close to the ics on the nexus

but a few things i dont like - cannot edit apps to where i want
only by date install, title etc

the stock ics using TW is pretty similar to the GB one i used

shame really

PROTOCHIP

Nov 2, 2005
The answer to everyone's problems: CM9. flash it and never look back

Dear omersak,

Totally agreed... Try paranoid v0.2 with thor kernel v0.9 and enjoy hbyrid phone/tablet mode + overclocking cpu/gpu... i easily get 55 fps in nenamark2...

Kind regards...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

prophet_in

Feb 25, 2010
thanks for sharing your views , about cm9 but then i am not very used to android and i think there may be more who are afraid for the brick bug..... and the system of warranty here in india is very bad specially samsung they would atleast take 15 to 20 days and finally repair and not replace or instant swap

zxcvbnmn

Jun 6, 2012
Paranoid Android 0.2, Thor Kernel, changed clocks and voltages.

Chrome Browser. Spell Check. GPU Rendering. I don't miss S-Pen at all.

I too was a little unimpressed with ICS at first. Then Paranoid Android came and I could never go back.

hackerboi

Jan 4, 2012
Delhi
Come on guys its not iOS ! Flash a rom, change your launcher ... customize to your liking. There are some awesome TW based ICS roms like kingdroid, criskelo etc that let you use all the functionality of FM, SPEN etc, If you want to try out something other than TW then there are AOSP/AOKP roms and CM9 based roms.

Follow instructions and you will be safe even with the brick bug around.

prophet_in

Feb 25, 2010
hope someone tells the samsung guys that the need to work on interfaces like sony or htc where we get a better user interface then on the note which is nore efficient

aadil7

Sep 6, 2010
Try trebuchet (i think thats how you spell it)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

MR.change

Nov 9, 2011
Baghdad
that's to true ,even paranoid is a very good choice (also based on CM9)

Sorry, but the problem with the open source ROMs for this and other phones is that you lose hardware functionality (camera / FM radio / S-Pen, for example). And I'm not buying a $700 device to then install an operating system that does not allow me to use all it's hardware.
clearly you haven't tried cm9 yet ,you don't loose any of the things you just mentioned
camera is working perfectly ,1080p video recording as well.
FM-radio ,not out of the box but there is a workaround I believe (I never use FM so I haven't tried it)
S-pen is working perfectly ,you just need to install free note from the market to replace Smemo.

the only thing really not working at the moment is MHL ,and that too will get a fix in the near future .

Reactions: pallyt

becosemsaida

Jul 29, 2008
Too much wining about ICS....

Ok, what did you people expected from it?? Whole new UI, faster, newer and better apps?? The whole android has guidelines, on GB people complained about this and that ICS is just an enhanced version of GB.....

Samsung could have made a new TW, i second that. And if it wasn't for "the bug" i know many of you would have already flashed a rom if it wasn't for that.
You can still flash and if you're careful you don't end up with a bricked note.

Come on look ate android versions before this, don't you all see improvements??
In my opinion android OS has com a very long way in a very short time. I don't want to make comparissons but IOS (apple) is using the same layout for years and although people are complaining they still don't change it !!! Look at symbian: i don't like it at all, things are not going well with it... If you just take a look at other OS'S you'll see that android is the one that evolved the most..

If you can customize it fully (with rom or apps) why the wining about it ???

Battery life on this kind of devices has and will be always the problem, we just have to accept that we have to charge it according to our use, once a day is acceptable (we do sleep don't we???) and there is no reason to turn the phone off during the charging process.......

I for one don't have many problems with ICS, i hust have to manage the battery life during the day according to my needs. I always have two chargers and a car charger so if i need to charge for an hour (or two) there is no problem.

Use it and don't make such a big problem of it.....

Ok, start the flaming or just say "thanks"

becosemsaida

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lets start another whining thread, we didn't have enough of those already :)
    We must have a new section in the GALAXY Note forum for those who expected a kitchen sink alongwith the ICE Cream Sandwich update.
    Too much wining about ICS....

Ok, what did you people expected from it?? Whole new UI, faster, newer and better apps?? The whole android has guidelines, on GB people complained about this and that ICS is just an enhanced version of GB.....

Samsung could have made a new TW, i second that. And if it wasn't for "the bug" i know many of you would have already flashed a rom if it wasn't for that.
    You can still flash and if you're careful you don't end up with a bricked note.

Come on look ate android versions before this, don't you all see improvements??
    In my opinion android OS has com a very long way in a very short time. I don't want to make comparissons but IOS (apple) is using the same layout for years and although people are complaining they still don't change it !!! Look at symbian: i don't like it at all, things are not going well with it... If you just take a look at other OS'S you'll see that android is the one that evolved the most..

If you can customize it fully (with rom or apps) why the wining about it ???

Battery life on this kind of devices has and will be always the problem, we just have to accept that we have to charge it according to our use, once a day is acceptable (we do sleep don't we???) and there is no reason to turn the phone off during the charging process.......

I for one don't have many problems with ICS, i hust have to manage the battery life during the day according to my needs. I always have two chargers and a car charger so if i need to charge for an hour (or two) there is no problem.

Use it and don't make such a big problem of it.....

Ok, start the flaming or just say "thanks"

becosemsaida
    Sorry, but the problem with the open source ROMs for this and other phones is that you lose hardware functionality (camera / FM radio / S-Pen, for example). And I'm not buying a $700 device to then install an operating system that does not allow me to use all it's hardware.

Well, just to add to all the other whines and whinges, here's mine. ICS and the Samsung marketing campaign is the best bull**** rollout I've seen in a long time, and Samsung are to be congratulated. Seriously. Apart from a few extra menu options in settings and the like, stuff which no one really cared about anyway, because they could do what the had to do under GB, what has ICS really given us? We got, wait for it,........the "PREMIUM SUITE" ya!! Now come on guys, be honest, after getting ICS, how many of you searched your home screen, then scrutinised your apps, then searched all the folders looking for the "PREMIUM SUITE". hehe. Its not there, or rather it is, it's the S-NOTE!! wow, a memo app and a frigging stick to poke the screen with. Thats the hyped feature we all swallowed. Anyone tried the stick? I did for a laugh. I've actually got eight S-PENs and I've had them since birth, four on each hand + a thumb each side. I don't call them S-PENs, I call them fingers and they do near enough the same job, plus lots of other things.

Yet, Samsung forgot to mention the awesome screen (that scratches very easily), and they also forgot the magnificent video and stills camera (if you can get one without the pink dot). They also forgot to mention that it's still one of the fastest dual core powered phones (If you come across one that isn't croaked by ICS and knackered battery life, that is), and what about the marvellous screen resolution, pin sharp (really great if the screen doesn't flicker like a badly tuned CRT telly). I guess I'm starting to realise why Samsung didn't include all those features in its headline marketing. All they were left with, was a plastic stick or S-PEN as they call it, and a crappy memo app called the "PREMIUM SUITE". That's it!! They have blown a whole multi-national corporation marketing budget on a plastic stick. AND we bought it, hook line and sinker. That, my friends, is what we call a marketing coup. Apple must be furious at being out done by a stick, not even out ranked by build quality, reliability, functionality, or anything really, just a frigin stick. AND, I'll bet Samsung has a patent, and will sue Apple if they ever, ever, dream of putting a stick on the iPhone. But then all iPhone needs do, is give away a free Biro with every 'phone, and that's Samsung out the window.

If you ever get annoyed buy someone at the office poking their 'Note with the stick, holding up a meeting, or interrupting a conversation, by doing something they can do faster with pen and paper, do mankind a favour, punch them......very,very, hard.

I award Samsung Marketing the BigstarryNight 'BullShitters of the Year' award.

Amen. ;)