[MOD]HotSpot/USB/BT tether Hack

Search This thread

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
first off i would like to say this is not my work . i am just re-posting it to share with the xda community. all credits and thanks should be directed towards aamikam from themikmik.com

i can confirm this does work for joelz rom Charmeleon. i am running it and my hotspot is functional.i cleared cache and dalvik in recovery. rebooted still didnt work. so i used root explorer went to data/dalvik cache. select all deleted all items in that folder and rebooted worked after that. typing on my laptop with it now.

roms confirmed working on.
miks rom
joelz Charmeleon
Fresh 5.1
viper Rom 1.2.1

below quoted form aamikam from here
This is one of the most simple and quick hack u ever need to do... i tested it with and without a full wipe... it never failed.

open your build.prop and add anywhere in it the following line:

Code:

ro.tether.denied=false

then reboot and u should be good to tether.

p.s.
i tested it on a fully rooted rom with unsecured boot... so feel free to post feedback and let me know how it works out.

p.s.2
this is something i noticed in my ics mikvigrin rom, only there it didnt work, but here it does.

p.s.3
i think someone used this in the evo4g in the past... but not 100% sure if its true or not and not sure who.

have fun.

Edit--------------------------------------

flashable zips made by smw6180 attached below.

Attachments

• HotSpotMod-revert.zip
    144.1 KB · Views: 2,225
  • HotSpotMod.zip
    144.2 KB · Views: 5,758
Last edited:

Krnla

Aug 6, 2010
Anaheim
Got the error 67 and my data went off but I left it alone for a couple of seconds then the data came back on and it worked. :)

Reactions: kaos420

misfit0313

Jan 25, 2010
Merrill, WI
I don't have another device to test fully, but after editing the buildprop and clearing caches, I launched the hotspot app. No code 67. Running Fresh 5.1.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
What exactly did you do? I added to first line in build.prop, wiped x 2 in twrp, but error 67 keeps popping up..don't have another device rite this minute to check with.

Not Sent

i had that issue as well at first. use root explorer or es file explorer with root rights. go to data >dalvik-cache wipe everything in that folder ...reboot. should work.

Reactions: {ParanoiA}

jimlightner

Sep 19, 2010
youngstown
What exactly did you do? I added to first line in build.prop, wiped x 2 in twrp, but error 67 keeps popping up..don't have another device rite this minute to check with.

Not Sent

Added it to build.prop save and exit..reboot into recovery wipe dalvik and reboot..error 67 might appear a couple times then go away(make sure your spelling is correct in build.prop)made that mistake once or twice..LOL

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

vwgtiturbo

Jul 7, 2010
Maybe I am just tired and missing something... What does this do that we can't do with wireless tether?

Nevermind... USB/BT. Got it! One if those days...

Sent via Tapatalk on my EVO LTE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first off i would like to say this is not my work . i am just re-posting it to share with the xda community. all credits and thanks should be directed towards aamikam from themikmik.com

i can confirm this does work for joelz rom Charmeleon. i am running it and my hotspot is functional.i cleared cache and dalvik in recovery. rebooted still didnt work. so i used root explorer went to data/dalvik cache. select all deleted all items in that folder and rebooted worked after that. typing on my laptop with it now.

roms confirmed working on.
    miks rom
    joelz Charmeleon
    Fresh 5.1
    viper Rom 1.2.1

below quoted form aamikam from here
    This is one of the most simple and quick hack u ever need to do... i tested it with and without a full wipe... it never failed.

open your build.prop and add anywhere in it the following line:

Code:

ro.tether.denied=false

then reboot and u should be good to tether.

p.s.
    i tested it on a fully rooted rom with unsecured boot... so feel free to post feedback and let me know how it works out.

p.s.2
    this is something i noticed in my ics mikvigrin rom, only there it didnt work, but here it does.

p.s.3
    i think someone used this in the evo4g in the past... but not 100% sure if its true or not and not sure who.

have fun.

Edit--------------------------------------

flashable zips made by smw6180 attached below.
    In case anyone wants a flashable...

Here are two flashable zips. The first makes the build.prop edit, and the second removes it.

Like my HTCLinkify script, you can use these on ANY ROM, and they will have no impact aside from adding this functionality.

Let me know if you have any issues. :)
    I see in the op the list of ROMS this works with includes "Mik's Rom". Didn't know Mik had a ROM yet. Been over to their forum & didn't see it there nor here. Something I missed or just for donors?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

no man... i didnt release anything out yet... i just put out a few tiny mods and hacks that i've done to my device...
    my time kinda sucks now... so not sure when i will release any rom for this device... or i should say "a complete rom"... i will put out a stock rom base for everyone to use as i wanna give it the old "speedup and cleanup" before i even go into addons to it and into making it my own. (i did same in the evo4g before btw).

i never do donors only stuff... i always do it public...
    in my book, when u registering to my site and/or visit it, is enough to be considered a "supporting member" of my work.
    WiFi Tether works on mine with these settings:
    • Device Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
    • Setup-Method: Auto
    • Send Netd Max Client Cmd: Unchecked
    • WiFi-driver reload: Checked
    • WiFi-driver reload 2: Unchecked
    • Keep Alive - Commection Checking: Checked
    • MSS clamping: Checked
    • Routing fix: Checked
    Everything else is probably at your discretion.
    Just added it in and it works. Got error at first but then it went away. I was on LTE when i tried this and it cut me off LTE and switched to 3g. Im guessing this hack does not work with LTE atm?