[Q] How to reflash or reinstall the stock ics update after rooting using DooMLoRD's?

Search This thread

kelvzastig07

Jun 18, 2012
i have an xperia mini pro (sk17i) and updated it to ics and followed the tutorial from this thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701357
to root my phone. after rooting it i installed this walkman app:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695048 and then try to change the walkman logo so i tried copying the semcmusic.apk from the same thread and paste it using root explorer. after having done that.i rebooted and my phone no longer has a music player. i tried resetting my phone but to no avail.

question 1: how can i reinstall the music player as a system app so that even if i factory reset it is still there?

question 2: can i reinstall the stock ics so that i can have it?if so, how?

please help me. thanks in advance.

bojlos

Mar 2, 2012
Hi,
question2: you can reflash stock ICS by flashing firmware in Flashtool.
If you have locked bootloader, you can use SUS or PC Companion for flashing too.

Reactions: kelvzastig07

ARNOB

Nov 7, 2011
Canada
Did you set the permission correctly of the new music player?

Yes, you can reinstall the stock player but you need the stock apk. The same way to set permission again.

About reflashing, you can use PCC or SUS or flashtool :)

Thanks

luiphilip

Jan 30, 2012
Pines
i have an xperia mini pro (sk17i) and updated it to ics and followed the tutorial from this thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701357
to root my phone. after rooting it i installed this walkman app:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695048 and then try to change the walkman logo so i tried copying the semcmusic.apk from the same thread and paste it using root explorer. after having done that.i rebooted and my phone no longer has a music player. i tried resetting my phone but to no avail.

question 1: how can i reinstall the music player as a system app so that even if i factory reset it is still there?

My answer/suggestion regarding the posted questions above:

1. Back up/copy the apk needed via file manager with root permissions and save it to your SD card. After you are done with flash or what ever mod you are doing restore it by copying it back on its original folder (/system/app) and give proper permission rw-r--r-- reboot your phone and all set. Your app/player is restored.

2. What for? If you install back then you loose root permission on your phone but if you insist. Using flash tool is the easiest so far or you may pay using wotanserver. BTW, a pre-rooted stock kernel is already created out there should you choose to root back your phone.

bojlos

Mar 2, 2012
Yes it is normal - after flashing firmware you will lose ROOT as well.
To have root again - I recommend flash any modified kernel with ROOT support - I am using KRsH kernel. For this, you need unlocked bootloader.

Last edited:

kelvzastig07

Jun 18, 2012
To have root again - I recommend flash any modified kernel with ROOT support - I am using KRsH kernel. For this, you need unlocked bootloader.

what basically is the difference between that kernel and the stock ics kernel?what are the pros and cons of installing or flashing modified kernel on my phone? thanks

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
what basically is the difference between that kernel and the stock ics kernel?what are the pros and cons of installing or flashing modified kernel on my phone? thanks

Modified Kernel:
Pros... Go to the development forum and open any thread which has a [Kernel] tag in the title. Open it and read the features and you will learn.
Yea. Go and read. Do not be shy. Then come back here.
Cons... It is unstable and might cause your phone to explode if you become over excited.

Stock Kernel:
Pros... Its stable, even if you as an user is unstable.
Cons... You will find that out once you get over your shyness and visit the development forum.

Thanks,
Rick

(Do I sound rude? Sorry. I did not mean to)
Sent from my SK17i using XDA

luiphilip

Jan 30, 2012
Pines
Well said bro, hehehe.

kelvzastig07 check our development and theme section, read read and read. Hopefully you'll find something that will catch your attention then comes sleepless nights of experimenting just to do it right.:D

kelvzastig07

Jun 18, 2012
Modified Kernel:
Pros... Go to the development forum and open any thread which has a [Kernel] tag in the title. Open it and read the features and you will learn.
Cons... It is unstable and might cause your phone to explode if you become over excited.

Stock Kernel:
Cons... You will find that out once you get over your shyness and visit the development forum.

Thanks,
Rick

yeah, you sound a little bit rude and exaggerated but its fine.:)

Reactions: DragonClawsAreSharp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    question2: you can reflash stock ICS by flashing firmware in Flashtool.
    If you have locked bootloader, you can use SUS or PC Companion for flashing too.
    Did you set the permission correctly of the new music player?

Yes, you can reinstall the stock player but you need the stock apk. The same way to set permission again.

About reflashing, you can use PCC or SUS or flashtool :)

Thanks

My answer/suggestion regarding the posted questions above:

1. Back up/copy the apk needed via file manager with root permissions and save it to your SD card. After you are done with flash or what ever mod you are doing restore it by copying it back on its original folder (/system/app) and give proper permission rw-r--r-- reboot your phone and all set. Your app/player is restored.

2. What for? If you install back then you loose root permission on your phone but if you insist. Using flash tool is the easiest so far or you may pay using wotanserver. BTW, a pre-rooted stock kernel is already created out there should you choose to root back your phone.

Modified Kernel:

Stock Kernel:

Thanks,
    Rick