[SOSA]Paranoid Android Experience[8/20/12, v0.9.5 LINK LIVE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
1.png

SOSA Developers is aiming to recreate the face of Paranoid Android with the PAE Series for the Evo 3D (Paranoid Android Experience)

The goal of this project is to take AOSP to the next level with the ability to give you, the user, the ultimate say so in what you want your Paranoid Experience to be like. The goals of this new vision are to:

Code:
-Give you the tools to make PA your own
-Provide the ultimate Mobile security with the application to fit
-Provide next level operation and the perfect harmony between stability, battery, functionality
-Make you never want to leave your Paranoid Android :)

While it is impossible to create the perfect ROM, we want to give you something pretty darn close to it. Get ready to run PA like never before with the PAE Series, brought to you by the one and only Supereme OS Android Development Team :)

We could never do a thread without a proper thank you to many including

Code:
-Agrabren who makes the awesomeness of this ROM possible
-b.huss2 for bringing PA all this way and passing on the torch to me!
-aamikam for TheMikMik and his hospitality
-HTC :)
-Sprint (for bringing the phone to our network, even if they throw out official ICS 11 months after I've been running it :P)
-All people associated with kernel development on AOSP
-All creators of the apps used in this ROM
-The Original PA Team
-Android
-Users of this ROM, wouldn't continue without you :)
-If I forgot you, please tell me (this list WILL get longer trust me lol)

Thank you Guys SO much for supporting this!

Testers:

Download v0.9.5 in the "DOWNLOAD HERE" Link below
DOWNLOAD HERE

Note to all!!! goalie25560 is the mastermind behind the completion of this ROM! He gets all the glory, I just added in the stuff this time, please rape his thanks button or buy him a couple beers, because without him this would not be happening!

So what is new and what is borked?
-SMS Split stops your amount of characters at 160, going to look into this later, just download go SMS lol
-Video Cam still reboots the phone (I really don't know how I fixed that in all my other ROMs), get Camera ICS from the market!
-Haven't heard of any other bugs
-Threw in Awesome beats, thanks ...Awesome...
-Threw in Bravia Engine and Playstation Certification with Playstation Store and PS Pocket (I don't know if it works, still a WIP) Thanks XxXPachaXxX
-1.0.0 will have the goodies, stay tuned ;)

Download v0.9.0 in the "DOWNLOAD HERE" Link below
3G works :) This is the (un)official Paranoid Android daily for the Evo 3D!!!!! :D
DOWNLOAD HERE

Donations Accepted via email

Donations from users (Thank you all in Advance):
Tutungzone - $5
monkey3ddd - $15

Thank you guys so much!

Do you have something you want to see in the PAE Series Roms? PM me and I'll see what we can do :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The design: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1717079
Visit this link. There's plenty of information there about what PARANOIDANDROID is.

The awesome base: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1703070
Agrabren and his Devil-Toast build of CM9. Without this I would have never messed with this in the first place.

The port:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580070 - most PA stuff comes from this ROM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1672198 - used a lib from this one to make things work

V0.9.0
-Updated to latest PA
-Updated to latest CM9 Base
-Other stuff I cant remember lol
V0.6.1
- Updated to Devil-Toast v0.6.1 base featuring boot ani by binux-project
- Separated Gapps
V0.6
- Updated to Devil-Toast v0.6 base
V0.5
- Updated to Devil-Toast v0.5 base
- Fixed battery reporting
V0.42
- Changed boot ani again
- Fixed tablet mode
V0.41
- Fixed DATA/Voice
- changed boot ani
- Removed wifi tether app
V0.4
- Initial release

Walls by Mahaco

Last edited:

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Well, not only 3g but I broke mobile network period. :mad: I had it earlier today but it was when I was on another version. I've been working on this all day so I'm done for tonight but I'll look into mobile network first, then camera.

Reactions: andyjjc

kiewee3

May 2, 2012
This has a lot of potential! I want to try it, but I'll wait till camera and data is working. Thanks for bringing this to the 3d!

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Downloading now...I'll flash and see if I can't take a look at cam for you. :D

that would be great! I'm trying to find why I've lost data. Do you know if that is controlled in the framework, because i've narrowed it down to there but every file size in system/framework is different than in the base, so I'm looking at some time and trial & error to find the problem unless I get a hint on where to start :)

I would guess camera problem is in there too...

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
that would be great! I'm trying to find why I've lost data. Do you know if that is controlled in the framework, because i've narrowed it down to there but every file size in system/framework is different than in the base, so I'm looking at some time and trial & error to find the problem unless I get a hint on where to start :)

What did you change in between the versions that potentially killed cam and 3g?

Last edited:

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Kinda cool!

Flashed fine for me. Did 4EXT wipe all partitions except SD and flashed the ROM only. The gapps were already there.

Tablet mode for the home screen is a little strange with the status bar at the bottom and the app drawer icon at the top, but I guess that's the way it's supposed to be. My tablet is still running HoneyComb so I'm not familiar with ICS on a tablet.

Definitely has promise and can add some sizzle to Devil Toast if you can work out the remaining problems.

ramjet73

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-02-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-02-08.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-02-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-02-55.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,276
  • Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-09-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-09-09.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,266
Reactions: il Duce

vnyborg

Apr 4, 2008
Loganville,GA
Should be going to sleep, tired as hell. But I'm Downloading this right now. Sleep can wait. :D

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Tablet Mode Home Screen

Cleaned up my home screen a little.

Default tablet mode home screen seems to be 6 rows by 8 columns!

ramjet73

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-50-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-04-50-02.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,250
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.png

SOSA Developers is aiming to recreate the face of Paranoid Android with the PAE Series for the Evo 3D (Paranoid Android Experience)

The goal of this project is to take AOSP to the next level with the ability to give you, the user, the ultimate say so in what you want your Paranoid Experience to be like. The goals of this new vision are to:

Code:
    -Give you the tools to make PA your own
    -Provide the ultimate Mobile security with the application to fit
    -Provide next level operation and the perfect harmony between stability, battery, functionality
    -Make you never want to leave your Paranoid Android :)

While it is impossible to create the perfect ROM, we want to give you something pretty darn close to it. Get ready to run PA like never before with the PAE Series, brought to you by the one and only Supereme OS Android Development Team :)

We could never do a thread without a proper thank you to many including

Code:
    -Agrabren who makes the awesomeness of this ROM possible
    -b.huss2 for bringing PA all this way and passing on the torch to me!
    -aamikam for TheMikMik and his hospitality
    -HTC :)
    -Sprint (for bringing the phone to our network, even if they throw out official ICS 11 months after I've been running it :P)
    -All people associated with kernel development on AOSP
    -All creators of the apps used in this ROM
    -The Original PA Team
    -Android
    -Users of this ROM, wouldn't continue without you :)
    -If I forgot you, please tell me (this list WILL get longer trust me lol)

Thank you Guys SO much for supporting this!

Testers:

Download v0.9.5 in the "DOWNLOAD HERE" Link below
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Note to all!!! goalie25560 is the mastermind behind the completion of this ROM! He gets all the glory, I just added in the stuff this time, please rape his thanks button or buy him a couple beers, because without him this would not be happening!

So what is new and what is borked?
    -SMS Split stops your amount of characters at 160, going to look into this later, just download go SMS lol
    -Video Cam still reboots the phone (I really don't know how I fixed that in all my other ROMs), get Camera ICS from the market!
    -Haven't heard of any other bugs
    -Threw in Awesome beats, thanks ...Awesome...
    -Threw in Bravia Engine and Playstation Certification with Playstation Store and PS Pocket (I don't know if it works, still a WIP) Thanks XxXPachaXxX
    -1.0.0 will have the goodies, stay tuned ;)

Download v0.9.0 in the "DOWNLOAD HERE" Link below
    3G works :) This is the (un)official Paranoid Android daily for the Evo 3D!!!!! :D
    DOWNLOAD HERE

Donations Accepted via email

Donations from users (Thank you all in Advance):
    Tutungzone - $5
    monkey3ddd - $15

Thank you guys so much!

Do you have something you want to see in the PAE Series Roms? PM me and I'll see what we can do :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The design: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1717079
    Visit this link. There's plenty of information there about what PARANOIDANDROID is.

The awesome base: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1703070
    Agrabren and his Devil-Toast build of CM9. Without this I would have never messed with this in the first place.

The port:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580070 - most PA stuff comes from this ROM
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1672198 - used a lib from this one to make things work

V0.9.0
    -Updated to latest PA
    -Updated to latest CM9 Base
    -Other stuff I cant remember lol
    V0.6.1
    - Updated to Devil-Toast v0.6.1 base featuring boot ani by binux-project
    - Separated Gapps
    V0.6
    - Updated to Devil-Toast v0.6 base
    V0.5
    - Updated to Devil-Toast v0.5 base
    - Fixed battery reporting
    V0.42
    - Changed boot ani again
    - Fixed tablet mode
    V0.41
    - Fixed DATA/Voice
    - changed boot ani
    - Removed wifi tether app
    V0.4
    - Initial release

Walls by Mahaco
    I'll take over the development for it, ill use the new DT base and ill go.ahead and do jellybean PA since I'm doing cm10 an AOSP anyway :) sorry to hear such greatness is departing man. Give me until Wednesday and hopefully we will have some working WiFi an sound so i can port the PA jellybean Rom, along with the updated cm9 :) thank u for your work

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
    And I've already begun getting the wheels turning on CM10-DisarmedToaster

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    Hit me up on google talk, and I'll help as well. I likely know how camera got broke, it's really delicate right now, due to anti-kang measures.
    not much luck yet with trying to build from source. probably more to do with my lack of experience, but some to do with the device not being officially supported by cyanogen and not having a fully up-to-date device tree. I've learned a lot though. not getting much help from persons, but Dastin's tutorial thread was really helpful with getting as far as I have. I still would like an experienced dev to gtalk with me for a few minutes so I can clear up a few details though. For now, I will just continue putting it together as I have been and hopefully we eventually get full support from cyanogen. Anyway, as soon as Devil Toast is updated, this one will be updated shortly there after.