Confirmed: 3.1 kernel with 4.0.4 UPDATE: LINK TO NVIDIA

Search This thread

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Why? Did htc/nvidia have to wait for official release before they could implement it? In theory it could appear anytime from now as it hasn't appeared allready.

Yep, if its been officially released, HTC have probably been working with nvidia with it for some time - I expect the big update soon.

I can't believe the monstrous update this is gonna be....

Kernel 3.1
Android 4.0.4
Improved GPU
3dot fix
Improved sense smoothness
Faster performance overall
Faster browser
Longer battery

... plus more.

O...M....F...G

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

junialum

Apr 23, 2012
Singapore
As much as I hope for nice things.
Some times things may sound too good to be true.

Fingers crossed but don't hold your breath!

G

GuestK00105

Can't wait
HTC rocks :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

No HTC sucks....
No sources for last 2 updates
Theyve done a honeycomb on us
They certainly don't rock.
I hope they won't make us wait for too long!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:

RADLOUNI

Jun 25, 2009
Dubai
HTC

No HTC sucks....
No sources for last 2 updates
Theyve done a honeycomb on us
They certainly don't rock.
I hope they won't make us wait for too long!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I am totally furious about the fact that HTC released an ICS phone with a GB kernel. Sorry if it sounds negative but this is plain deception, and disrespect to its base of customers. Other vendors without mentioning the name has released their phone with a decent ICS kernel.

Yes HTC is working on getting an ICS kernel, but this should have been done from the start. We have paid a **** load of hard earned money for a phone thAt would realise its full potential only half way through its life because HTC wanted to beat competition to the market.

If it wasn't for sense that I am used to, I would have ditched HTC long time ago. sammy has such a ****ty ui that I would not consider switching to them even with all the **** that HTC is dishing out. I hope the update with the new ICS kernel does not take long

realunited123

Jun 23, 2010
Bhubaneswar
I am totally furious about the fact that HTC released an ICS phone with a GB kernel. Sorry if it sounds negative but this is plain deception, and disrespect to its base of customers. Other vendors without mentioning the name has released their phone with a decent ICS kernel.

Yes HTC is working on getting an ICS kernel, but this should have been done from the start. We have paid a **** load of hard earned money for a phone thAt would realise its full potential only half way through its life because HTC wanted to beat competition to the market.

If it wasn't for sense that I am used to, I would have ditched HTC long time ago. sammy has such a ****ty ui that I would not consider switching to them even with all the **** that HTC is dishing out. I hope the update with the new ICS kernel does not take long

Blame Nvidia. LG optimus 4x , one x with tegra 3, Asus transformer prime ,tf300 all are running 2.6.x.

The one s,one xl with S4 are running 3.0.x

Sent from my HTC One X

eeyrjmr

Apr 14, 2012
You are aware that the linux kernel 3.x isn't some magic pill that enables a bunch of shinies over the 2.6.x...
It really was a case of "oh 2.6.39, do we really want to goto 2.6.40 or shall we reset to 3.0"

going over the changelog at kernelnewbies for 2.6.39, 3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4 NOTHING screams out as a must have.

Reactions: Flozzo and EddyOS

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
You are aware that the linux kernel 3.x isn't some magic pill that enables a bunch of shinies over the 2.6.x...
It really was a case of "oh 2.6.39, do we really want to goto 2.6.40 or shall we reset to 3.0"

going over the changelog at kernelnewbies for 2.6.39, 3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4 NOTHING screams out as a must have.

nah, it just makes our phones softeare wise be on the same frontier as the s3, one s and galaxy nexus, xl. also, any minor changes especially solving heat problems would be greatly appreciated

Sent from the Best phone in the world. SOON TO BE BETTER

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London

Exactly this, most sensible post in this thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    heat is already addressed in leaked base

Damn, I was enjoying my one x as an efficient iron for my jeans, always thought it was a feature.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    guys remember faux kernel includes much of the drivers included in the new 3.1 kernel kit released by NV

and yrs the nexus tablet is very relevant it means Nvidia will work with google on kernel updates and new androids

and since HTC commits for 18months of updates and at least 2 generations of android the future is never brighter

be glad u listened to hamdir n bought a one x :D

Blame Nvidia. LG optimus 4x , one x with tegra 3, Asus transformer prime ,tf300 all are running 2.6.x.

The one s,one xl with S4 are running 3.0.x

Sent from my HTC One X
    no knowing HTC is a proof enough, their PR will not accept their drivers n kernel be behind the chip builder source

not to mention if you dont know this by now, HTC is the most aggressive when it comes to android updates, kernel 3.1 is in the making and we will get Jelly Beans sooner than you might think

and from my experience from the leaked test base, they seem to have included the new 3.1 drivers in that kernel as evident by the much reduced heat which is the same as on Faux kernel
    Why? Did htc/nvidia have to wait for official release before they could implement it? In theory it could appear anytime from now as it hasn't appeared allready.

Yep, if its been officially released, HTC have probably been working with nvidia with it for some time - I expect the big update soon.

I can't believe the monstrous update this is gonna be....

Kernel 3.1
    Android 4.0.4
    Improved GPU
    3dot fix
    Improved sense smoothness
    Faster performance overall
    Faster browser
    Longer battery

... plus more.

O...M....F...G

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2