Any Europeans received the update?

Search This thread

spawns

Apr 7, 2010
Well, true we have nothing yet. But it seems Moto has only released ICS for branded phone users, and that too only in US. Look at the moto ICS update page (https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c). They updated it on 25 June saying "Phased rollout to select users now underway as part of standard upgrade process" for USA. And note that the delivery timeline for other countries is still Q2. So we do have some hope to get the update this week.
the bad news is that it says that it STARTS on Q2....xD we dont know if it would take them 3 months to send it to everyone... xD

ryhamster

Jul 3, 2011
essex
nothing for me tbh its getting silly now i got a s2 yesterday for someone in the family updated right away to ics was rather nice apart from touchwiz.

Ishari

Jan 4, 2011
Nothing in the Netherlands either.
Such a shame that they stretch Q2 untill 2 days before the end of the quarter.

Let's hope Google I/O will also bring us ICS. (or JB)

Fekish

Dec 14, 2007
Limassol
Motorola Droid RAZR
Well lets see it on the different side; we can enjoy 2.3 for more time now! After the update, there is no going back! :)

So I didn't see any Europeans saying that they got the update...

Sent from my Moto RAZR

DJFliX

Feb 3, 2009
Utrecht
Well lets see it on the different side; we can enjoy 2.3 for more time now! After the update, there is no going back! :)

So I didn't see any Europeans saying that they got the update...

Sent from my Moto RAZR

No one WANTS to go back. If you're getting a solid ICS there is absolutely NO reason to go back.

Fekish

Dec 14, 2007
Limassol
Motorola Droid RAZR
So how should I feel with the jelly bean update for the nexus? I was between the Nexuss and the RAZR, but now I feel that I made the wrong choice... Give us the update MotoRola!

Sent from my Moto RAZR

gapcio78

Dec 8, 2007
Official message on facebook by Motorola Poland:

We have official information for all pending updates RAZR and RAZR MAXX. The update will be delayed and will not be able to make it as planned to the end of June, sorry. We are working on software changes that need to be introduced to provide users with the best performance of all the new features of ICS. We will inform you as soon as we get confirmation of the date of introduction of an update.

:(

ectodroid

Dec 29, 2011
Ordered a Galaxy Nexus , 300 dollars, bye bye moto.
As an european I can't stand this CDMA/verizon favorism **** anymore.

ectodroid

Dec 29, 2011
I'll offer you FIVE DOLLARS for your old Razr. SIX if it's a Maxx. An extra 25 cents if there's a memory card 32gb or more.

Wouldn't be able to flash any roms on it. Since EU moto users always get the short end of the stick :) I won't sell my razr tho, it got a EU leak on it and I'll prolly give it away to family.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @up
    Details on polish forum :)
    http://forum.android.com.pl/f472/wy...d-date-mon-jul-16-11-15-45-cst-2012-a-203392/
    maybe somebody translate this and put on xda :) . I'm late to work :)
    Screenshot_2012-08-17-07-59-37.jpg
    It would be useful if people who did NOT get it refrained from posting that they didn't and instead let people who did get it post about it, so when the rest of us check the forum and see there is a new post we can expect to read something of interest and not that thousands of people did not get the update. I'm just saying...

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app
    90% of Android devices still do not have ICS. Saying one company is worse with updates than another is a bit disingenuous.

:laugh: 90% of Android devices - I'll bet a big chunk of those are Motorola handsets that have been cut loose by Motorola support ;)

You need only look at the facts; Samsung updated the SGSII, knowing they would be releasing the SGSIII only a month after the II had it's update. If that was Motorola, they would have left the earlier phone languishing on GB so there was a unique selling point for the new model.

Can you tell me any other volume Android handset manufacturer whose flagship phone doesn't have ICS?

SGSIII - ICS
    Samsung Galaxy Note - ICS
    Galaxy Nexus - ICS
    HTC One (all variants) - ICS
    Sony Xperia S - ICS
    LG Optimus L5 & L7 - ICS
    LG Optimus 4X - ICS

Motorola RAZR - GB

You sir, are either a Motorola employee, or the saddest fanboi I've had the misfortune to come across. You are making yourself look ridiculous try to defend what is indefensible and at the same time, feebly attempting to make it look like Motorola's customers (who've been waiting for 7+ months so far) are the ones being unreasonable.

sRDennyCrane is on ignore.
    It is official whether u like it or not. wasn't .211 suppose to be a leak for CDMA to? oh look it was the official ICS! well u can still wait for moto to release "the official" ics I hope u wait forever

since I just got my razr maxx on Wednesday with stock ICS, in Germany
    the system version reads
    "672.180.33.XT910.Retail.en.EU"
    We have such a diversity of countries on this forum. It's awesome!