DIscussIon of new features, fixes 19300XXBLFB - List of new features on 1st post

Search This thread

Diaf82

Oct 29, 2010
I'm in Spain and do not get any notification to update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: wackyD

stripealipe

Aug 12, 2009
Mine is an unbranded UK device. It was CF rooted, but now root is broken (obviously).
My frozen apps are still frozen, which is good. I'll re-root when home, but i'd say the phone is a little smoother again.

One thing i've noticed so far is in the wallpaper crop screen. It now shows portrait and landscape crop boxes, though i can only effectively use the portrait. I assume this is to show possible scrolling home screen? Shout if you get it to work....

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
Default keyboard is better especially swype. Far more accurate.

Music crackling fixed with headphones plugged in. Using Bluetooth stereo headset, wifi must be off otherwise crackling occurs.

matt_not_andrew

Dec 7, 2004
Check the camera app. They still haven't fixed the shortcut problem where the phone "forgets" your new shortcuts but there is a new filter in the shortcut menu to set different colour options. I could be wrong but didn't notice this before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

wbbigdave

Nov 10, 2010
I am having real issues installing it atm

Keep getting signature verification error in CWM, I rooted using the toolkit and CWM Touch. But to be fair I have never done an OTA on a rooted handset. On my old DHD I just waited for my custom ROM to be updated.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I am having real issues installing it atm

Keep getting signature verification error in CWM, I rooted using the toolkit and CWM Touch. But to be fair I have never done an OTA on a rooted handset. On my old DHD I just waited for my custom ROM to be updated.

it won't install if you have a custom recovery installed

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
Check the camera app. They still haven't fixed the shortcut problem where the phone "forgets" your new shortcuts but there is a new filter in the shortcut menu to set different colour options. I could be wrong but didn't notice this before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

The shortcuts always has worked. Exit camera using back button. This allows the shortcuts to be saved.

flame1845

Feb 22, 2009
Seems like the camera app has been slightly altered. Some buttons have been combined, and I now have a "magic wand" effects shortcut instead. I believe there are some more effects as well? I never used them before so i'm not sure.

I also noticed that launching applications straight from the lock screen is a lot smoother. When I used to launch the camera from my lockscreen, i could briefly see my homescreen (with a black background), before it launched the camera app. Now, it just loads the camera app immediately.

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
How about the redraw issue?

Could you please confirm? Try to browse using the default browser (Use the browser for about 5 - 10mins & visit as many websites as you can), then press home button to return to homescreen. Check if the homescreen will redraw.

Thanks

flame1845

Feb 22, 2009
Also, is it me or does the phone take a lot quicker to wake up by pressing the power button now? The screen seems to turn on immediately for me now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skander1998

MisterEz

Jul 6, 2012
How about the redraw issue?

Could you please confirm? Try to browse using the default browser (Use the browser for about 5 - 10mins & visit as many websites as you can), then press home button to return to homescreen. Check if the homescreen will redraw.

Thanks

I've been trying this since I got the update, and haven't had a redraw issue yet... but, it's too early to tell. It was only happening occasionally on my phone, so could just be a co-incidence.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone has any new features, fixes or improvements, please let me know if not included.

Changes*

Personalised EQ in call settings

camera voice recognition - icon changed
    camera voice recognition - feedback
    camera - wand - 11 new modes

swype - now works in google search box
    swype - now works in address bar for searching
    swype - improved accuracy

text messages - attachment icon on the left
    text messages - message box width reduced
    Text messages - custom background possible

camera also has updated firmware*both zd and gd which previously ends with E02 is now on F02

new widgets - splanner month, splanner task, splanner mini today, digital clock, all share cast

lock screen - camera launch quicker

sound crackling improved but not totally gone

audio application checkbox - settings accessories

email - update time
    email - message body

redraw issue majorly improved*
    adjust screen tone

long press power for silent/vibrate - new icons for adjusting

in call logs,favorites they removed the green phone on right side of the contacts name which was supposed to be the call button.

S planner - week view changed

Samsung More services - don't forget to check out the free Samsung apps here from the photo editor, barometer, health apps. Newly added video maker.

The issue where it couldn't connect to google apps using active sync in the email app is fixed.

Pictures - thanks to totallydubbedHD
    http://www.totallydubbed.net/2012/07...date-gt-i9300/

Please Press thanks if you feel thankful.*
    Ok, here the Changes I found for XXBLFB, beside it is far smoother than any previous release. :)

7515070204_b5fff68080_d.jpg
    7515033768_81ff98445a_d.jpg

7515067726_cefab27570_d.jpg
    7515070854_df4a7de9d9_d.jpg

7515068388_22dc0d4773_d.jpg
    7515069490_76bd02f3ed_d.jpg
    I've just read the previous comments on file sharing option being greyed out, mine is the same after the update and nothing I do will let me turn it on. It was working fine the other day as I was streaming a film to my TV. Anyone got any ideas?

Screenshot_2012-07-08-09-13-11.png

Try deleting folder /data/data/com.sec.android.nearby.mediaserver

The folder was recreated for me after a reboot and with the exception of a few waits nearby devices works now.

If your paranoid make a nandroid backup.

Ps: first load sometimes takes an age. Press wait if the error popup comes on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    After around 1 hour playing, I think below is all the new function / change added in this latest ROM:

7515070204_b5fff68080_d.jpg
    7515033768_81ff98445a_d.jpg

7515643614_945f11f00e_d.jpg
    7515648782_65a53c2e26_d.jpg

7515067726_cefab27570_d.jpg
    7515070854_df4a7de9d9_d.jpg

7515068388_22dc0d4773_d.jpg
    7515069490_76bd02f3ed_d.jpg
    Guys asking about rooted upgrade - Wait until we have the full rom from SamMobiles then you can flash via odin.

I can also dissect to see if it has the cell standby value fixed (but I really doubt it will)

I will rebase VillainRom to this too in my next update.