[ROM][11 SEP 12][Fallout Evolution V5.0.0|Sense 4.0A| ICS 4.03] [Kernel 3.0.42 V1]

Search This thread

UmairAhmad

Feb 16, 2012
Lahore
Well they are working but recent apps need just a bit of resizing i suppose... see attachment

Attachments

• 2012-07-06_16-06-33.jpg
    2012-07-06_16-06-33.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
Yes this is already known. I suppose it can't be done without the proper resizing tools

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2

nipun1110

Aug 6, 2011
Dhaka
One Observation

I have an observation about this ROM.. Previously i was complaining about one problem that when i try to restore my apps (which is about >300) from TB, my SD gets suddenly unmounted... Now I think I found which correlates with it. You see in one V, internal memory is 4GB,so i can guess in system ROM, there's more space than our Desire S too. so i guess when we using this Fallout ROM in our desire S, it leaves a very little amount of space in system partition.. so in case of restoring big sized backups or doing anything like that, some abnormality happens here... so i guess unnecessary system apps, if possible, should be excluded for our Desire S.

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
The black EQS mod is awesome, and very old. The apk works directly, but breaks some stuff (multitasking). I tried for days to implement this into the fallout code, but failed due to lack of smali knowledge, and posted a request to lowveld to implement this too. Apparently, you guys forgot all about it :p

Original thread - http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1677636.html Please lowveld, take a look into it, it's really awesome.

BTW - I wouldn't use this mod I were you directly :rolleyes:

apx@dwx

Nov 10, 2011
Ulm
I know,that's the one I used before but first post states that this ROM has built in host files for ad blocking. So I wonder if it's possible to update those files without stand alone app?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

yes, but u can update it like allways if u want ;)

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
@lowfeld
I love your work (Endymion, Reaper, now Fallout Evolution).
Could you tell us (me) what ROM has your most attention (eg. features, bugfixes)? That's the one I'd like to use, the most actively maintained ROM.

noytexz

Jan 24, 2012
Trier
@lowfeld
Could you tell us (me) what ROM has your most attention (eg. features, bugfixes)? That's the one I'd like to use, the most actively maintained ROM.

You forgot hyperion..
If you want to pull the fastest out of your phone use reaper.
If you really want sense and accept losing some speed, use endymion.
And if you want ics use fallout.
All gingerbread roms are super stable and have no bugs. They never crashed for me.

For me, fallout is not fast enough for daily use because it's still in too early developement.

(I hope its ok that i answer)

Written in bad english with my HTC Desire S

Last edited:

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
@lowfeld
I would suggest that Hyperion, Reaper and Endy are finished products....all best of breed (IMO) where as this ROM is current and the future and when we have kernel source it will have the opportunity to improve

Last edited:

Android-UK

Dec 8, 2011
They are, tap the carrier at the notification pulldown. You only have to flash something extra if you want the sense icons in there instead of the black ones.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire S mit Tapatalk

Ah ok thank you. Yes I would prefer the good old sense icons, I think I saw a mod for it somewhere in this long ass thread :) Would someone be so kind to post me linky? Thanks

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
Here, from my dropbox just for you
http://db.tt/aaAMrSMN
Edit2: ok, that one is good

Last edited:

kalvin807

Dec 30, 2011
How to overclock on this Rom . Do I need to flash something else or use setcpu directly?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Android-UK

Dec 8, 2011
At the moment all you see on SetCPU is the max CPU speed, and any changes you make don't go anything.

So since its stock I take it changing the boot animation is also not currently possible? I tried to change it but still remains the HTC One boot animation.

endymioned

May 10, 2012
So since its stock I take it changing the boot animation is also not currently possible? I tried to change it but still remains the HTC One boot animation.

Changing the bootanimation is possible.
To remove the boot sound, navigate to /system/customize/resource and delete boot.mp3

To change the bootanimation:

1. By ADB
1.1 - adb remount
1.2 - adb push C:\bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource
1.3 - [C:\bootanimation.zip] This is the location where you stored the bootanimation on computer
1.4 - [/system/customize/resource] This is the target folder
1.5 - adb reboot
1.6 - Done

2. Using ES File Explorer
2.1 - Open Settings , Select Root Explorer and Mount FileSystem as writable
2.2 - Copy the bootanimation.zip file
2.3 - Browse to /system/customize/resource
2.4 - Paste bootanimation.zip
2.5 - Reboot
2.6 - Done

(thanks to blindndumb for the steps above)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fallout Evolution V5.0.0 ROM

Ok,

It's about time I join the fray. This is a HTC One V port, based on RUU 2.08.401.2 - release keys, with parts from the latest ICS leak for the DS. Most importantly, the 3.0.16 stock HTC kernel. It's not the source code, so no major adventures on the kernel side, but it will have to do for now.

Fallout includes its set of tweaks and Fallout Tweaks manager. Improvements are constantly being done, check the detailed description for what is currently included.

As of V4.0.0, Fallout evolved towards Sense 4. Not by importing framework from other roms/devices, but by modding the original Primo Framework and turning on hidden features.

Screenshots:

1.jpg 2.jpg 2012-06-01_17-39-09.jpg 2012-06-01_17-34-26.jpg 2012-06-01_17-34-40.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg5.jpg

Features:

- Base: 2.08.401.2 One V RUU - release-keys
    - Kernel: Fallout 3.0.42, configurable overclocking and undervolting
    - Android 4.0.3
    - Sense 4.0A
    - Completely deodexed
    - zip-aligned
    - Added root permissions and SuperUser
    - Unsecured boot image
    - Added bash (not that anyone but me cares :))
    - Ad Blocker pre-installed (hosts files, no extra program needed)
    - Stock One V boot up and down animations
    - Busy box
    - runparts enabled and tested(init.d scripts)
    - Performance and smoothness tweaks
    - Completely stock framework
    - Memory Management: Endy's balanced profile
    - Increased camera picture quality
    - Stock HTC keyboard with Trace enabled
    - Added Fallout Tweaks, also directly accessible from Settings menu
    - Configurable "wake up with volume keys"
    - Configurable 3D rosie spin effect
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable quick settings, quick quick settings, and quick settings filtering Click the operator logo to switch to quicksettings and back!
    - Configurable placement of the clock on the status bar
    - Configurable number of homescreens on Rosie: 3, 5, 7 or 9
    - Added brightness control by tapping the status bar
    - Sense 4 animations
    - Sense 4 lockscreen (weather, social, people and Stocks)
    - Sense 4 People and Dialer
    - Sense 4 features activated on Camera
    - More Sense 4 stuff activated, as the Rom thinks the device is a One S
    - HW acceleration activated o n key apps for great performance
    - DLNA capability activated on stock Music app
    - No resizing issues whatsoever
    - Recente apps increased to 20, with the last 8 having thumbnails

Working
    As far as I can tell, everything.

Download V5.0.0 Full ROM:
    http://d-h.st/DTe
    MD5SUM: 6176a85ecaaa6ab8a57b0bd3fdb026ef

Installation Instructions:

- Full wipe mandatory if coming from anything other than Fallout. IF you are upgrading Fallout, no wipe required other than the usual Dalvik cache for luck.
    Again, If you are not upgrading from previous Fallout, full wipe is mandatory.
    - You do not need any special Radio or hboot upgrade! I'm sticking with the old radio and the 0.98... Revolutionary hboot as always.
    - Flash V5.0.0 Full Rom
    - Read the FAQ on post #3 before posting issues!
    - Enjoy

V5.0.0 Changelog
    - New kernel. Huge credits to amidabuddha, I shamelessly downloaded is repo instead of patching to .42 myself. Included:
    ..... configurable sweep2wake
    ..... updated bcm drivers (WiFi hotspot working now)
    ..... performance, conservative, powersave, ondemand, interactive, smartass V2, lagfree, savagedzen and Reaper cpu frequency governors (default is ondemand, still have to finetune Reaper)
    ..... Deadline, noop, SIO, BFQ and VR IO schedulers (default is deadline)
    ..... Over-clockable up to ~1.5GHz (be sensible!)
    ..... Exposed VDD interface: under and over-voltable
    - Added virtuous OC daemon controller (configurable to run or not)
    - Fallout Tweaks updated to handle new kernel:
    ..... Turn on/off OC daemon controller
    ..... Define max and min frequencies and governors for sleep and wake states independently
    ..... Undervolting controller, always referring to the values shipped in the kernel. Just choose the offset you want to apply
    ..... Choose IO schedulers
    ..... "Apply on boot" option. Only mark this after you are sure you have a stable setup. As a safeguard, if not marked, the OC daemon will not be turned on after reboot.
    ..... Enable/disable sweep2wake, and also enable HTC screenshots when s2w is disabled (will need a reboot for the screenshot to work)
    - Fixed the lockscreen resizing issues. Credits to Nikhil007mmus, I did none of the work.

V4.4.0 Changelog
    - Added Weather lockscreen fix (thanks Ronks!)
    - Increased recent apps list to 20, with the last 8 having thumbnails
    - Activated HW acceleration on Calendar app
    - Activated HW acceleration on FriendStream app
    - Activated HW acceleration on Network Usage app

V4.3.0 Changelog
    - Added People lockscreen, fixed to work with Primo People widget
    - Added DLNA capability to Music App (Play to...)
    - Activated HW acceleration on Settings menu: smoother scrolling
    - Activated HW acceleration on Home Personalize: smoother cube transition
    - Activated HW acceleration on Weather app: smoother cube transition
    - Activated HW acceleration on Clock app: smoother cube transition

V4.2.0 Changelog
    - Fixed green tint issues present on several video-related applications
    - Major alterations to camera: touch to focus fixed, image stabilization on video, stereo recording, ...
    - Re-based Sense 4 lockscreen apps: directly modded from One S rom
    - Album art correctly showing on lockscreen

V4.1.0 Changelog
    - Added People and Dialer from Sense 4 (dialer is now a tab on the People app)
    - Fixed issue with downloads on Stock browser not finding the Sdcard
    - Added missing weather animations to Weather Lockscreen
    - Added Lava Live Wallpaper

V4.0.0 Changelog
    - Turned on a lot os Sense 4 Stuff
    - Sense 4 animations
    - Sense 4 lockscreen (weather, social and Stocks)
    - More Sense 4 stuff activated, as the Rom thinks the device is a One S
    - No resizing issues whatsoever

V3.1.1 Changelog
    - Updated kernel to latest from HTC Chinese leak (release-keys)
    - Ported HTC Ntes app from One S (not the widget, but everything else seems to be working fine)
    - Important: new kernel means people unlocked with HtcDev must flash boot.img from the updater with fastboot. The first guy posting "aaawww my wifi does not work" get's a kick in the nuts.

V3.1.0 Changelog
    - Fixed HTC keyboard crash when sound feedback enabled
    - Added Sound Enhancer equalizer presets in Music app (and fixed them, they were not working properly on V2.0.0)
    - Fixed wrong version information on Software Information (Modded build.prop from new RUU from scratch)
    - Fixed issue with Power Button on longpress

V3.0.0 Changelog
    - Rebased to latest HTC Primo release: 2.08.401.2
    - Includes HTC fixes for aggressive memory management
    - Rosie seems faster. Internally, a lot of code has changed.
    - Recoded every tweak from scratch
    - Basic feature-set is the same as V2.0.0, but Rom seems smoother
    - Added 14 extra widgets taken from HTC Hub (note that Hub is not working on Fallout)
    - SuperSU app and binary updated to latest release, which plays nice with apps that did not work before (like Root Explorer)

V2.0.0 Changelog
    - In-call audio (finally!)working on Bluetooth headsets: took some older libraries from proxuser's PrimoS V4 rom!
    - Enabled Trace on the stock HTC keyboard. No external apks, no modded external libraries, this is the stock IME shipped with the base RUU.

V1.4.0 Changelog
    - Fixed the Quick Settings needing a toggle and reboot to work on fresh installs
    - Fixed WiFi icon on Quick Settings
    - Fixed the "always scrollable" notifications
    - Fixed the memory adjustments (you need to flash the included boot.ing if you are htcdev unlocked)
    - Added brightness control to tweaks (taping or sliding the status bar)
    - Another shot at getting audio in calls and BR headsets (can someone try and report?)

V1.3.0 Changelog
    - Added configurable quick settings, quick quick settings, and quick settings filtering, Click the operator logo to switch to quicksettings and back!
    - Added configurable placement of the clock on the status bar
    - Added configurable number of homescreens on Rosie: 3, 5, 7 or 9
    - Menu button now works on Desktop also

V1.2.0 Changelog
    - Added Fallout Tweaks, also directly accessible from Settings menu
    - Configurable "wake up with volume keys"
    - Configurable 3D rosie spin effect
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Fixed Front Facing Camera (thanks nk111 for the tip that lead to this!)

V1.1.0 Changelog
    - Added wakeup with volume keys (not configurable yet, it's always on for the moment)
    - Added Advanced Power Menu
    - Added Twitter for HTC Sense (Friendstream now shows twitter updates)
    - Builtin battery percentage indicator

Thanks
    To Virtuous Team, proxuser, and everyone else involved on getting ICS and Sense 4A running on the DS. It's a great community, and they are too many to mention by name, but they are all due many many thanks!
    Also, although I did the tweaks myself, I did look through J4n87 smali code, so thanks for it!
    Although I modded the framework for full Sense 4 behavior myself, the resized Sense 4 lockscreen apks were taken from this thread, so all thanks to the author!
    FAQ - read before posting

Most Common Questions

Q: My Phone shortcut is missing from the lockscreen. You suck.
    A: Drag it from the app drawer to the dock, it's missing there too. It will magically appear on the lockscreen too.

Q: My weather lockscreen stopped responding and I cannot unlock the phone. You suck.
    A: That's a bug I'm trying to fix. Meanwhile, pull down the notification bar and click "settings", that will unlock the phone. Change lockscreen type or reboot. Any of those will make the lockscreen work again. This happens quite randomly, doesn't happen to me for days, and for some users doesn't happen at all.

Q: My phone does not record on Full HD, only 720p. You suck.
    A: It is not supposed to. The Desire S has no such capability. That option only appears on the camera because I tricked it to thing it was a One S, just ignore it. I could make the option go away, and I'll eventually do that, but it takes time I would rather use fixing real issues, or adding stuff. Meanwhile, some common sense on the users would be nice.

Q: I flashed this rom, and now WiFi does not work. I can't even get online to tell you that you suck.
    A: If you unlocked your phone with HTCDev, you must flash boot.img from the ROM separately with fastboot. Search around for instructions. You must do this for every rom that has a different kernel than the one you are running prior to flashing.

Q: Dow you really suck?
    A. No.
    Patches & addons

Patches

-- none for current version --

Addons
    V5.0.0 is out

Ok guys,

I've been quiet, but here it is! New version of course is mostly about the new kernel. Huge credits to amidabuddha, I shamelessly downloaded is repo instead of patching to .42 myself.

Also Fallout tweaks got a major functionality overhaul to properly handle the new capabilities, and the lockscreen resizing issues are gone, credits to Nikhil007mmus.

Enjoy!

V5.0.0 Changelog
    - New kernel. Huge credits to amidabuddha, I shamelessly downloaded is repo instead of patching to .42 myself. Included:
    ..... configurable sweep2wake
    ..... updated bcm drivers (WiFi hotspot working now)
    ..... performance, conservative, powersave, ondemand, interactive, smartass V2, lagfree, savagedzen and Reaper cpu frequency governors (default is ondemand, still have to finetune Reaper)
    ..... Deadline, noop, SIO, BFQ and VR IO schedulers (default is deadline)
    ..... Over-clockable up to ~1.5GHz (be sensible!)
    ..... Exposed VDD interface: under and over-voltable
    - Added virtuous OC daemon controller (configurable to run or not)
    - Fallout Tweaks updated to handle new kernel:
    ..... Turn on/off OC daemon controller
    ..... Define max and min frequencies and governors for sleep and wake states independently
    ..... Undervolting controller, always referring to the values shipped in the kernel. Just choose the offset you want to apply
    ..... Choose IO schedulers
    ..... "Apply on boot" option. Only mark this after you are sure you have a stable setup. As a safeguard, if not marked, the OC daemon will not be turned on after reboot.
    ..... Enable/disable sweep2wake, and also enable HTC screenshots when s2w is disabled (will need a reboot for the screenshot to work)
    - Fixed the lockscreen resizing issues. Credits to Nikhil007mmus, I did none of the work.

Installation Instructions:

- Full wipe mandatory if coming from anything other than Fallout. IF you are upgrading Fallout, no wipe required other than the usual Dalvik cache for luck.
    Again, If you are not upgrading from previous Fallout, full wipe is mandatory.
    - You do not need any special Radio or hboot upgrade! I'm sticking with the old radio and the 0.98... Revolutionary hboot as always.
    - Flash V5.0.0 Full Rom
    - Read the FAQ on post #3 before posting issues!
    - Enjoy

Download V5.0.0 Full ROM:
    http://d-h.st/DTe
    MD5SUM: 6176a85ecaaa6ab8a57b0bd3fdb026ef
    Thank you all!

Just noticed I am now a Recognized Developer.

:)