[ROM][BETA][ICS]CyanogenMod 9 "Stable" BETA1[UPDATED 8/13]

Search This thread

Shubhamqweasd

Jun 25, 2011
DELHI
HEY GUYS , some great news for you all

DEFY has got complete HWA ( or HUI ) working on this locked kernel
everything including Chrome , flash player is working , it is as fast as any other official ICS ROM ( buttery smooth )

if you guys can compile all those changes into ur rom , it would be great

nadlaback ( milestone 1 developer ) made this achievement of running PVR SGX 1.8 ( stack loader ) on the locked kernel

also to mention : FULL HWA is working on both FROYO and GB KENELS ( so it should not be a great problem for you guys )

droidzika

Apr 6, 2012
42.6525° N, 73.7567° W
HEY GUYS , some great news for you all

DEFY has got complete HWA ( or HUI ) working on this locked kernel
everything including Chrome , flash player is working , it is as fast as any other official ICS ROM ( buttery smooth )

if you guys can compile all those changes into ur rom , it would be great

nadlaback ( milestone 1 developer ) made this achievement of running PVR SGX 1.8 ( stack loader ) on the locked kernel

also to mention : FULL HWA is working on both FROYO and GB KENELS ( so it should not be a great problem for you guys )

Let's hope dzk can do some magic. *crossing fingers*

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

Nov 10, 2010
Phoenix
thank you for the aid, first time RSD'ing... back to normal cm. not going to mess with unverified again. hard not being able to use my phone when work is slow

Strubie42

Jun 17, 2012
thank you for the aid, first time RSD'ing... back to normal cm. not going to mess with unverified again. hard not being able to use my phone when work is slow

As long as you know how to sbf you should be able to always get yourself out of any problem. Don't be afraid of the boot loop its just a side effect of progress.

Reactions: EvilDarkInferno

droidzika

Apr 6, 2012
42.6525° N, 73.7567° W
Ditched supercharger v6 as it was messing around with my BSR. I couldn't get into it and it was blacking out or graphics were flickering when I tried to get into BSR. This is still a very good alpha so there's no way I'm going back to cm7 :D

Skelente

Aug 17, 2011
I know DZK said he's got a fix for MMS in A5 but for those of you who cannot wait and have tried Go SMS with no luck, I've got a fix that allows sending/receiving MMS via Go SMS. Haven't tested it with a variety of networks just VZW messages, I don't get MMS that much but someone texted me a pic the other day, prompting me to look into this.

If you don't have Go SMS installed, get it. Once you have it installed, open it up, go into menu > settings > advanced > mms settings. Scroll down to the bottom and put a check next to 'Fill APN config manually.' Select mmsc and enter the following "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" without quotes, obviously.

tonybahr

Jun 8, 2010
Ditched supercharger v6 as it was messing around with my BSR. I couldn't get into it and it was blacking out or graphics were flickering when I tried to get into BSR. This is still a very good alpha so there's no way I'm going back to cm7 :D

I've never used supercharger v6 and often have problems getting into bsr anyway.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

droidzika

Apr 6, 2012
42.6525° N, 73.7567° W
I've never used supercharger v6 and often have problems getting into bsr anyway.

Funny how each device has unique issues at times. Since I unsupercharged, I haven't had one issue with my bsr. I've been getting into recovery often on purpose just to check and see what happens.. its been two days now. All good.

unimatrix725

Apr 13, 2011
Big Stoned Gap, VA
Is there a specific version of blur needed? I have tried so far and failed with. VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-117-15_1FF_01.sbf (232) and VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-150-30_1FF_01.sbf (380) I rooted these and installed the bsr, btw I had to use the original one not the cm7 as it would not reboot into bsr otherwise. After Installing the Aplha4, gapps, then zrecov. The phone just sits at the Moto Logo. Went back and wiped before,during and after each version... same thing...
It would be very appreciated if there was a listing of the version needed prior to flashing. I had cm7 at one time.... Suspect I need the 412/413/418 update?

Last edited:

Strubie42

Jun 17, 2012
Is there a specific version of blur needed? I have tried so far and failed with. VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-117-15_1FF_01.sbf (232) and VRZ_MB870_4.5.1A-DTN-150-30_1FF_01.sbf (380) I rooted these and installed the bsr, btw I had to use the original one not the cm7 as it would not reboot into bsr otherwise. After Installing the Aplha4, gapps, then zrecov. The phone just sits at the Moto Logo. Went back and wiped before,during and after each version... same thing...
It would be very appreciated if there was a listing of the version needed prior to flashing. I had cm7 at one time.... Suspect I need the 412/413/418 update?

I'm not to sure about which version but I'll check mine and get back to you. In the meantime I have tried flashing cm9, the gapps, and mash up all at once and that put me in a boot loop. Try just cm9 and gapps than go back.

Also you need the specific rerecovery for cm

droidzika

Apr 6, 2012
42.6525° N, 73.7567° W

You need the patched BSR specific for the DX2.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pzz4413k6wggcao

SBF to 2.3.4

Watercycle

May 11, 2011
Manhattan
i'm on 2.3.4 and i have to say this is awesome

the memory management really isn't appearing with 200mb of free ram, everything is so fluid =o brings a new life to the phone

well done dragon =))

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
I tried to ask DK on twitter which V6 setting to use, but hasn't gotten back to me.

Has anyone figged it out? I'm stuck in the Dominican Republic and don't have my phone here. I want all the right info for my notes when I get back to the good U.S of ****ing A!!

SlimMan

Aug 20, 2011
Abingdon
I tried to ask DK on twitter which V6 setting to use, but hasn't gotten back to me.

Has anyone figged it out? I'm stuck in the Dominican Republic and don't have my phone here. I want all the right info for my notes when I get back to the good U.S of ****ing A!!

Dunno about the V6, I used Mashup and SuperCharger. As for the SC, he has a auto script now so when you dl the latest cm9 build just run the auto script. At least that is what I done and mine worked fine.

GL!

Reactions: CarlosBattousai

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
Dunno about the V6, I used Mashup and SuperCharger. As for the SC, he has a auto script now so when you dl the latest cm9 build just run the auto script. At least that is what I done and mine worked fine.

GL!

There's an auto script now? Ohh man that's sweet. Dk buliding in the mashup to Alpha 5 so can't wait!!

Thank for the info dude~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DRAGONZKILLER PROUDLY PRESENTS:
    CyanogenMod 9.0.0-DROIDX2-BETA1
    UPGRADING FROM ALPHA 4 OR LOWER REQUIRES A DATA WIPE!!!

Features:
    For a list of features added to ICS please go to the Android website: http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/
    Also any of the CyanogenMod features you know and love from CM7 are in here too plus a few extras :)
    Also, as this is beta, pretty much everything is working but a few things are not. The stability of the ROM is so-so at times. Unfortunately I can't do much about it.

Working:
    • MMS is working!
    • Added dock settings (not sure if it works yet)
    • Added Mashup to build by default (thanks to Balltounge for the props)
    • Camera (see known issues for details)
    • Data Usage (optional for ALPHA 4 ONLY, not on by default, see section below)
    • WIFI **NEW FOR MX2!!! SEE PATCH BELOW***
    • Bluetooth
    • Data/3G
    • Tethering (see known issues)
    • HQ and LQ Youtube (used to be a problem)
    • And a lot of little things

Known Issues:
    Besides a whole lot more of a lot of little things:
    • Graphics memory sometimes runs out: as we are on less RAM the memory management is a bit whack. Sometimes while rotating an app (noticeably the browser) it will "twitch" and crash. Also systemserver (the main background service) will crash and Android will restart (rarely).
    • Chrome beta doesn't work: it also requires kernel mods which I haven't messed with yet.
    • NOTE ABOUT CAMERA: Camera works where as camcorder doesn't. All of the features of the camera section work though.
    • USB Tethering doesn't work: This is an issue on all MotoTegra devices right now I believe.

Installation:
    This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache if on a build of CM9 before Alpha 5. Also do NOT (I repeat) do NOT use TiBu to backup data from CM7/BLUR. I don't want to hear about how that doesn't work.
    1. READ THE ENTIRE POST
    2. Download the links provided below
    3. Install the BSR (patched if on CM7/CM9)
    4. Reboot into the BSR
    5. NANDROID <--- you'll probably want to go back to this
    6. Install the CM9 zip from the SD Card MX2 Users Go to the MX2 Thread for the Patched CM9 zip once it has been updated to Beta 1
    7. MX2 ONLY! Install the WiFi Driver zip from the SD Card
    8. Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
    9. Wipe both DATA and CACHE (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
    10. Reboot your phone
    11. Enjoy CM9 Beta 1 :)

Data Usage:
    Data usage works with Alpha 4 to some extent. It will start to monitor your data usage through your 3G radio. What it doesn't do yet is monitor WiFi usage, allow you to reset your usage, track which apps are using data, and allow data warnings/cutoffs. Seems like a lot that doesn't work, but baby steps. A problem however occurs whenever Android crashes. If it does, the boot logo will show and eventually will completely crash the phone and restart. This is an issue with the kernel mods causing a panic when already installed and trying to get a 3G connection. As of now I don't know how to fix this and as such I'm having the download separate.

This requires adb or root explorer to use and needs to overwrite the file of the same name in /system/etc.

Downloads:
    Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way :)
    REQUIRED (even if updating) Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps. Download the latest version of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.

WIPE DATA/CACHE IF UPDATING FROM ALPHA 4 OR LOWER!
    CyanogenMod 9-20120814-Daytona Beta1: http://d-h.st/q7B
    As before with Alpha 5, Beta 1 is still mostly stable, but will benefit greatly with the use of V6 Supercharger.

Milestone X2 WiFi Patch (for all versions of CM9): http://d-h.st/Pdy

Old Downloads:
    CyanogenMod 9-210120716-Daytona Alpha 5: http://d-h.st/xPv

CyanogenMod 9-20120613-Daytona Alpha 4: http://d-h.st/AWI
    Alpha 4 Data Usage (NOT A BSR PATCH, SEE ABOVE): http://d-h.st/68s

CyanogenMod 9.0.0 RC0 Daytona Alpha 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?77iy4f7rlr0036m
    MD5 sum: ce776352f481c8be67296ac3e09abe77

Changelog:
    Beta 1:
    Updated to "stable" release of CM9 (though we're not 100% stable yet)
    CM9 Features/Translations updated

Alpha 5:
    WAY more stable than Alpha 4
    MMS fixed
    Mashup added by default
    Dock settings added
    Removed dual USB notifications
    SD Card Apps (should) work now (tested with Temple Run)
    Few little things

Alpha 4:
    Camera
    Data usage
    More CM9 features (themes, lockscreen enhancements, music app)

Alpha 3 (first public release):
    Minor stability update
    Few CM9 features added

Alpha 2:
    More stability/features
    Graphics capabilities updated
    Added pictures to MMS.apk's notifications (now officially in CM9, AOKP, and Codenamed: Android) Yay me! :)

Alpha 1:
    First boot into ICS/CM9
    Alpha 4 Released :D Have fun!
    Alpha 5 released! You MUST wipe data and cache even if updating from a previous version of CM9! Enjoy!
    Okay, folks, I have notice a number of issues and I hope to straighten most of them out... Here we go...

Hmm I got to ask. Has anyone try installing the "Camera ICS" app from Google play? I've been using that since anytime I record anything the playback is out of sync laggy and just stop. Wondering if it'll save the day for me once more.

If it works Cm9 here I come!!!

Tried Angel Camera. Doesn't work. Neither does Camera ICS. Also, no torch/flash software works. As said, it looks like dragonzkiller is going to need a working camera module for the phone.

At this time, no camera app will work on CM9DX2 until DZK is able to backport the specific libraries for the camera. The biggest hurdle here is our device is a Tegra2 processor and requires those libs to be backported to run on our 2.3.4 kernel. Remember, the DX2 running CM9 is NOT running an ICS (4.0+) kernel. It is running on the original Gingerbread 2.3.4 kernel.

Just rebooted my phone. All apps AND data restored from Titanium Backup WORKS. Caused 0 issues so far. Still running as smooth as when I flashed. If you notice under Backup/Restore.... there are colored smiley faces on the right side of each apps name. If you restore an app or data with a YELLOW face the operation will complete successfully. If you try one with a red face it will fail. Running the batch operation tries to restore ALL. Both yellow and red which is what I believe causes the restore operation to fail.

For example I did a batch operation for all apps. The first app it said it was restoring was XDA(yellow) and the next piece it tried to install was an app with a red face, causing the restore process to fail. Even after failed batch, XDA was restored. It's the incompatible apps that force the batch to fail as far as I can tell, so you have to manually dig through TiBU to restore apps and data with yellow smileys. This method worked flawlessly for restoring my applications and their data.

Can someone else please try this so we can confirm it for sure?

Edit: Only tried restoring apps with red Smiley faces via batch. I did not try to restore them individually and I recommend you do not try either. Only stick to restoring compatible apps.

PSA edit: I am not responsible if you mess your phone up after taking any advice or suggestions I give. This is an alpha release so we're all pretty much testers anyways. Let's figure out everything we can so they can provide us with fixes and updates. Worst comes to worst you can just SBF again. :)

Okay, as for TiBu (Titanium Backup), here is the deal... I use TiBu successfully... HOWEVER, you must use Filter Groups. I recommend putting ONLY critical apps that you have DOWNLOADED to the phone in a Filter Group. Call it My_Apps (or something like that). Next, you can use that Filter Group to backup both the app and the data. When you backup the app on your previous ROM, you can backup everything, including system apps, however, on the NEW ROM (CM9DX2), you must only restore the data for CRITICAL apps that you have downloaded. So, download the app from the market, then restore DATA ONLY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTORE SYSTEM ITEM SUCH AS CONTACTS! Any item in the list that is either RED or GREEN YOU MUST NOT RESTORE EITHER THE APP OR DATA for these apps. White colored apps SHOULD BE OKAY to restore data. Questions, please PM me and I will write up a tutorial on how to use TiBu to backup and restore your CRITICAL apps and data.

I am itching to flash this. Can someone verify that:
    Angel camera works (some have said yes others no)
    Netflix works

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

No camera will work on CM9DX2 UNTIL DZK gets the native camera app to work. (See above.) As for Netflix, the issue is most likely with the "video driver".

Wifi on this is significantly better than it is on CM7 (for me anyway) .... Connects quickly without going into settings.

You are correct, and not imagining things. The WIFI lib for CM9 is better and more stable than the one for CM7. DO NOT USE MY WIFI FIX FOR CM9DX2!

What's wrong with data? Mine is fine

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is not data, but the "Data Usage App" in CM9. It does not report usage correctly.

Max:

If you are coming from a fresh SBF (like me) you don't need the patched version.

Other:

MMS seems to work fine for me

Wireless is working well

Droidwall doesn't seem to block anything, I've tried it in both modes--everything still seems to pass through

GPS seems to work properly, but on my run, while using Locus to record my track and poweramp to listen to tunes--the music skipped with a fury.

When I updated my roaming, the dial pad disappeared--228 accepts voice commands, so just saying "two" got me by, but nothing I did would make the dial pad pop up.

As of yet, no problems with TiBu app + data restore.

Settings>Interface>themes = not working

Wireless tethering not working--turns on, shows activation notification then immediately turns off.

DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL THE ORIGINAL BSR WHEN ON CM9DX2!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 USE THE PATCHED CM7 BSR!!!!!!!!!!!! Your phone WILL fail to boot if you use the original BSR on CM9DX2!

Droidwall will need to be updated for ICS... The file structure on ICS is a little bit different than Gingerbread. Contact the developer of Droidwall and see if you can get him to fix the issue.

Wireless and USB tethering DOES NOT APPEAR TO WORK. I was able to get Wireless tether to work ONE TIME when I was testing the pre-release Alpha.

regarding USB access and ADB. I got oppsite of resule as OP mentioned. USB memory access works but ADB is not. And I want to use ADB.

$ adb devices
    List of devices attached
    ???????????? no permissions

I played all different settings. Still no clue, anyone?

To get ADB to work, unfortunately, you must be plugged into the computer at BOOT. (Phone boot, that is...)

Everything runs nice and smooth. ive been having one problem though with internet connection. i can browse the internet but cant connect to the play store or do anything else that requires logging in. even with the ebay app. but i can browse the ebay app. it may be something to do with the log in service with the phone? anyone else having this kind of issue. when i first flashed, everything worked fine. The play store restored all my apps and everything. now it says no connection with the retry button. the wifi and 3g data icons are also grey instead of blue. any ideas? The accounts sync is also having problems.

I hate to say this, but the best way to fix most wonky problem is the following:
    1. SBF to 2.3.4
    2. Wipe data, and cache.
    3. Boot and cringe when the stock Blur comes up.
    4. Activate but don't worry about adding your Google account info.
    5. Root with zergRUSH.
    6. Install the ORIGINAL BSR.
    7. Boot into the original BSR.
    8. Flash CM9DX2-Alpha.
    9. Flash gapps from the OP.
    10. Do this in the following order (in case the BSR hoses up): wipe dalvik-cache, then wipe cache, then lastly wipe data.
    11. Boot CM9DX2. This boot will take a LONG time. During which it MY look like it boot loops. Within 7-10 minutes, you should come up to the "Updating Android" screen.
    12. Activate if necessary.
    13. Add your Google account information.
    14. Install the CM7 Modified BSR.
    15. Enjoy CM9DX2!

Hope this helps.

i am getting the same error. trying to flash over eclipse 2.1. How did you fix?

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

i am getting the same error. trying to flash over eclipse 2.1. How did you fix?

See my reply just above here.

Can't boot BSR, I installed the CM7 ver. any ideas?

Slim!

I'm assuming you installed the BSR and then tapped the "Recovery Mode" button and you are plugged into the wall charger.

Been trying out a few things... could not get tethering to work from native function but PDAnet 3.5 is working like a champ. On my laptop tethered as I type.

My 3g speeds seem improved over cm7, using network monitor its bouncing between 700k to 2.3M...no kidding but then living in a college town I think helps.

Of course the camera issue (probably a deal breaker for me)

Video from websites is disappointing but that was to be expected, otherwise I am very pleased and impressed with DZK's work, the young man is genius personified.

Please see my above posts...

I hope this helps most of y'all. I will try to stay current on this thread, but with a new job, it might be a little difficult.

Ciao!
    Beta 1 Released. Enjoy! :)