[q] help!!! Accidentally try to restore custom rom while battery was low!!!!

Search This thread
Can Anyone Help Me...Yesterday I Accidentally Try to Restore A Custom Rom On My DINC 2 ,While The Battery Was Low...The Custom Rom I Was Trying To Restore Was ArticICSed RC1.Everysince Then I Can't get a Charge. Plus On Top Of That..I Powered Down To Recovery Mode( CWR) ..and I Did A full wipe/cache/dalvick/bat stats. after that i rebooted back up and it flashed my splash screen..then the custom boot animation...then it went to htc logo screen...then to the set up screen...but i didnt set up...i booted back down..now im getting nothing but the custom rom animation screen....and then it goes black screen while the orange noticication light is blinking...when you plug in the usb cable to charge the led light is stable. i cant get any charge what so ever...i can boot down...i can boot to cwr..i can boot to hboot and all of that. i can reboot...but after i pass the splash screen and get to custom animation screen it just hangs and the screen goes black. should i buy another battery to jump start it and flash another rom? or buy another usb/charger cable to see if that's the problem? i dont know anymore. i had the phone on charge all night...still red light indicator...what can i do?:(:(

Valkillmore

May 21, 2012
Northern BC !!
Have you tried completely wiping it again since you stopped the process mid-stream the first time ?

From CWM recovery:

1) Wipe data/factory reset
2) Go into Mounts and Storage :

Format/System
Format/Cache
Format/Data

Under Advanced wipe the others in Advanced Dalvik/battery for s***s and giggles. Fix Permissions

Reboot.

I feel for ya dude, hope you can get it up and running.

Reactions: MRDATA558
Help!!!! Accidentally Try To Restore Custom Rom While Battery Was Low!!!

I appreciate The Info That You Submitted. Right Now At This Moment I Can't Boot Up...Because The Battery To My DINC 2 Is Completely DEAD!!!! My DINC 2 Won't Charge...I've Tried.. Nothing. I've Been Everywhere Even Verizon Retailers To See They Have A Battery In Stock so I Could Purchase To See If I Could Get Back Running Again to See If I Did Any Major Or Minor Damage..I Hope And Pray I Didnt.
Im Thinking Why I Cant get Any Charge..Is Maybe I'm Stuck Between CWR ..I've read somewhere In This Forum if That's The Case...My Phone Is Not Gonna Charge anyway..So In The Mean Time I'm Down And Out Until I Purchase a Battery For The DINC 2..Ive Seen One On Ebay with The Dock Wall Charger with It...So Im Gonna Purchase It 2morrow ....If Anybody else have any ideas ..feel free to share..im Very gracious and Humble for every and any info u can give me...again ..i say Thank You!! God Bless...

andy01q

Dec 22, 2011
Afaik if the battery won't charge, then inserting a fully charged battery won't help either.
You might try to connect it to Knoppix-System and flash it from there, (Sry, but I don't know how exactly to do this with DINC2) but you will probably have to send it to where you got it from and pray for fair repairing costs.

S

snowman77

I appreciate The Info That You Submitted. Right Now At This Moment I Can't Boot Up...Because The Battery To My DINC 2 Is Completely DEAD!!!! My DINC 2 Won't Charge...I've Tried.. Nothing. I've Been Everywhere Even Verizon Retailers To See They Have A Battery In Stock so I Could Purchase To See If I Could Get Back Running Again to See If I Did Any Major Or Minor Damage..I Hope And Pray I Didnt.
Im Thinking Why I Cant get Any Charge..Is Maybe I'm Stuck Between CWR ..I've read somewhere In This Forum if That's The Case...My Phone Is Not Gonna Charge anyway..So In The Mean Time I'm Down And Out Until I Purchase a Battery For The DINC 2..Ive Seen One On Ebay with The Dock Wall Charger with It...So Im Gonna Purchase It 2morrow ....If Anybody else have any ideas ..feel free to share..im Very gracious and Humble for every and any info u can give me...again ..i say Thank You!! God Bless...

Would be nice if you would tell us some more details about the phone.
Well the Droid Incredible 2 my uncles did that but i had to get it JTAGED

Mar 13, 2012
Clear cut is u just bricked ur phone buddy ........... But dont worry
its okay u can again restore it to normal state by flashing stock 2.2 froyo search on google for it
use ur htc device software like kies for samsung..
To flash stock os froyo 2.2 from odin...... And then voila..... ! The phone boots up
what happens its boot loops with ur phone thats it
and with ur battery its not dead dude its simply that ur phone is not recognising it buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikairchy

Jul 9, 2012
Fort Bragg
its okay u can again restore it to normal state by flashing stock 2.2 froyo search on google for it
To flash stock os froyo 2.2 from odin...... And then voila..... ! The phone boots up
and with ur battery its not dead dude its simply that ur phone is not recognising it buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incorrect. The phone is not bricked. The OP has stated he is able to get to hboot, and recovery. The OP's best bet is to either get an external charger, or borrow someone else's FULLY charged battery, and reboot into CWM. Once there, wipe data/factory reset, and your cache partition. Once that is done reflash the ROM and let it finish this time. After this is done, and you've gone through the setup, perform a NANDROID backup using CWM.

n1ck018

Jun 16, 2012
Pasig
Incorrect. The phone is not bricked. The OP has stated he is able to get to hboot, and recovery. The OP's best bet is to either get an external charger, or borrow someone else's FULLY charged battery, and reboot into CWM. Once there, wipe data/factory reset, and your cache partition. Once that is done reflash the ROM and let it finish this time. After this is done, and you've gone through the setup, perform a NANDROID backup using CWM.

:good:

OllieArmageddon

Sep 22, 2011
Mirfield
Right, had a similar problem with my sensation;

The battery died during flash, many android devices will not charge their battery until the phone is almost fully booted. As I had no Rom I could not boot with the 10 seconds battery charge I get before boot animation loads. I don't think it charged in HBoot or CWM recovery at the time, new recoveries allow charging. Using another device to charge your battery or wall charger is your only hope (except for new battery), luckily for me my girlfriend let me use her Evo 3D to charge my battery. Unfortunatly she won't let me root it :(

Any way, try the points I stated :)

Help!!! Accidentally try to restore custom rom while battery was low!!!

The battery died during flash, many android devices will not charge their battery until the phone is almost fully booted. As I had no Rom I could not boot with the 10 seconds battery charge I get before boot animation loads. I don't think it charged in HBoot or CWM recovery at the time, new recoveries allow charging. Using another device to charge your battery or wall charger is your only hope (except for new battery), luckily for me my girlfriend let me use her Evo 3D to charge my battery. Unfortunatly she won't let me root it :(

This Is An Update:eek:!!! I Finally Got My HTC Incredible 2 Running Again...I Couldn't Have done it with Yall Assistant..Again I Thank You!!!
I Bought A Brand New Battery...And I Did (all) The Wipe Procedures as each of you stated for me to do. But After I Did all of that and Rebooted..I've noticed That When I Try To Charge Battery...It Seems It's Charging But Iinstead Of The Increasing..It's Decreasing..Do Any Of You Have any Suggestions Or Input About This Situation? I Really Would Appreciate The Response. Thank You!!!!!

OllieArmageddon

Sep 22, 2011
Mirfield
This Is An Update:eek:!!! I Finally Got My HTC Incredible 2 Running Again...I Couldn't Have done it with Yall Assistant..Again I Thank You!!!
I Bought A Brand New Battery...And I Did (all) The Wipe Procedures as each of you stated for me to do. But After I Did all of that and Rebooted..I've noticed That When I Try To Charge Battery...It Seems It's Charging But Iinstead Of The Increasing..It's Decreasing..Do Any Of You Have any Suggestions Or Input About This Situation? I Really Would Appreciate The Response. Thank You!!!!!

HTC Sensations discharge while hot, by sending unused power to a plug it doesn't have to circulate and end up back in the battery, therefor cooling the circuits.

If I helped hit the thanks :)

Update!!! I got my dinc 2 up and running...but problem with charging /drains

Yes...I Followed Each And Everyone Solutions...Got a Brand New.. Battery ...and did all my wipes/dalvick cache/fix permissions and ran a nandroid backup. and restore the rom i was trying to flash. I Did all of that...Booted Up...Then all of a sudden i'm getting drains (battery), The new battery that i put in had 61% of life. So I plugged in my charger to my DINC 2 while it was on...and i've noticed that the battery was charging,,,but not charging increasingly but decreasing by increments. So I noticed This and i unplug The Charger from my Phone and I Powered down (off). I plugged the charger back to my phone...so i started to charge the phone while it was off. so about 30 minutes went by..i unplugged the charger from my phone, powered back up....i looked at the battery icon...and the battery life went from 61% to 50%...Is This Normal...:eek: Now I'm Back to square one...My Battery (NEW) is DEAD AGAIN....I Try To Charge It...All I'm Getting Is Orange Blinks Off And On....Can Someone Tell Me What's Going On,,,,Is Their a Fix For This...If Not...I might Have to Unroot and try to get me another Phone..I Dont Want To Do It...Right now I See No Hope...I've just Ordered 2 more 1500Mah Li-ion Batteries and a External Charger from ebay..It ll b Here Sometime This week...Can Someone Help or have any suggestions...Im Open to any responses...Thank You!!! Respond ASAP!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you tried completely wiping it again since you stopped the process mid-stream the first time ?

From CWM recovery:

1) Wipe data/factory reset
    2) Go into Mounts and Storage :

Format/System
    Format/Cache
    Format/Data

Under Advanced wipe the others in Advanced Dalvik/battery for s***s and giggles. Fix Permissions

Reboot.

I feel for ya dude, hope you can get it up and running.
    Afaik if the battery won't charge, then inserting a fully charged battery won't help either.
    You might try to connect it to Knoppix-System and flash it from there, (Sry, but I don't know how exactly to do this with DINC2) but you will probably have to send it to where you got it from and pray for fair repairing costs.