Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vxv831

Jul 12, 2012
maybe, just MAYBE this has been Google's plan all along, ship them out on the day\evening of Friday the 13th, 2 days shipping over the weekend and then BAM everyone gets them Monday morning?!? :fingers-crossed:

I'm just trying to keep a posative spin on this!!

i remember my galaxy nexus was in the shops the first day out, which was Saturday.. It looks the same here, but delivery next week...
You know what/ just give them for free Google to all those who preordered ? Won't cost you that much, but it will boost your reputation as a seller... do it.. do it.... just do it... look into my eyes... and do it...:silly:

ajg74

Nov 25, 2009
Manchester
i remember my galaxy nexus was in the shops the first day out, which was Saturday.. It looks the same here, but delivery next week...
You know what/ just give them for free Google to all those who preordered ? Won't cost you that much, but it will boost your reputation as a seller... do it.. do it.... just do it... look into my eyes... and do it...:silly:

^THIS^ :D

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
5am......well google SHIP OUR SH8 lol damit ..then we gotta wait till monday cuz of the weekend...if it ships today......if thats the case..this will be one of those weekends i hate lol..

jt.one

May 12, 2011
day 15:

still waiting for any emails from anybody.
still no signs of nexus7 tablet anywhere.
from anyone.

have seen multiple UPS guys drive by.
some delivered packages to neighbors.
they must have forgotten about me.

running low on food rations.
on my last batch of water.
send help.

vxv831

Jul 12, 2012
"Once you place an order, charges generally post to your credit/debit card after your order has shipped, usually within a few days"
This means that we will first get the device and then see a charge in our credit card.
also:
" It may take 24 hours for the FedEx package tracking to return any information for your tracking number'
which could mean that we'll get a tracking number 24h after it has been shipped. That could be the same day as when it will arrive, or a day before/...

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
5am......well google SHIP OUR SH8 lol damit ..then we gotta wait till monday cuz of the weekend...if it ships today......if thats the case..this will be one of those weekends i hate lol..

In other news, a freak co-incidence of Friday the 13th fires erupted simultaneously in shipping warehouses across the country, reducing pallets of Googles new Nexus 7's to ashes.

Reactions: armyboy11b

Jonnyn93

Jun 25, 2012
I hate the silence from google that there's no communication at all, and the reps will happily silence us for another day or two with, it's shipping tomorrow. Getting to the point now where I just don't care about it anymore and the excitement has gone.

RBFesquire

Apr 22, 2012
Peterborough
"Once you place an order, charges generally post to your credit/debit card after your order has shipped, usually within a few days"
This means that we will first get the device and then see a charge in our credit card.
also:
" It may take 24 hours for the FedEx package tracking to return any information for your tracking number'
which could mean that we'll get a tracking number 24h after it has been shipped. That could be the same day as when it will arrive, or a day before/...

Does this mean, because I only have just on my credit card to cover my order, I could order from HMV, let them take my money, then Play Store will release mine, not charge until after it has dispatched, then I get a free one.

HOLY MOLY I'M ON TO A WINNER HERE!

(before I get flamed, I know it won't work :))

qpqpqp

Jun 26, 2011
After this ordeal. I think this will be the last item hardware item i order from the google store.

mlilliman

Jul 13, 2012
Received my Nexus 7!

Just registered to let you all know Parcelforce are definitely distributing eBuyer pre-orders today in the UK! I've just received mine :cool:

RBFesquire

Apr 22, 2012
Peterborough
5206b228-f207-83da.jpg

I've taken to spamming the contact form with sarcasm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 that has just arrived today using Tapatalk.

Reactions: masterofmayhem

Nexus Phreak

Jul 5, 2012
LX
day 15:

still waiting for any emails from anybody.
still no signs of nexus7 tablet anywhere.
from anyone.

have seen multiple UPS guys drive by.
some delivered packages to neighbors.
they must have forgotten about me.

running low on food rations.
on my last batch of water.
send help.
This is why I love this topic. :D

Jonnyn93

Jun 25, 2012
After this ordeal. I think this will be the last item hardware item i order from the google store.

I agree, I won't be buying anything on pre order from them again, after they showed off the device and buzzed about it being available from the google store you'd think they would take better care of their customers.

jt.one

May 12, 2011
- has never pre-ordered anything before
- decides to pre-order nexus7 tablet
- goes through the current fiasco/crisis/commotion

bad luck brian?

TonyHoyle

Mar 2, 2009
Manchester
I agree, I won't be buying anything on pre order from them again, after they showed off the device and buzzed about it being available from the google store you'd think they would take better care of their customers.

ebuyer jumped the gun.. it happens. In the past I've had stuff on preorder where Amazon have done that - posted to arrive on release date instead of posting on the release date, which meant some people got it early.

If you want to be 'first' never preorder anything - find a midnight opening, or someone sending it out early, ebay it from another country, etc. All of these I have done in the past.. I CBA any more and just let things arrive when they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we can be sure that gamestop is being forced to hold these because of the whiny crybabies who ordererd directly from Google?

We can be sure that you are a douche bag. That, we can be sure of.
    I've followed this for hundreds of pages, sat back and wondered why folk where getting themselves more and more chewed up about their Nexus 7 order. I ordered mine on the 4th from the Play Store - I'm based in the UK by the way. I sold my Kindle and my Blackberry Playbook (totally underated tablet by the way) to fund my Nexus purchase.

As time has gone on however it is more and more evident that the delivery is a shambles and the lack of communication from Google is terrible - the final straw was when Pcworld (the one in the UK) has now got them available for delivery, so I've taken the plunge, ordered one and paid to have it delivered tomorrow morning before 12pm. The total price is £209.98 - about a £1 more than the one ordered from Google. When that comes that will be getting put on Ebay.

The reason why I can't wait for it is because of something which I don't think anyone has touched upon so far. It's not because it is essential to my job - it's something a lot more important than that.

I was sat on the toilet and reached across for some reading material (which as we all know is a blokes God given RIGHT) and realised that I had NOTHING to read or do. No Kindle. No Playbook. NOTHING. And that isn't right. Next time I was shopping I bought an Android Magazine in preperation but when the time came it didn't feel right, it felt so 2000's and to be honest I couldn't stand it anymore, hence the PCWorld purchase.

Google employees won't be bothered about that though, I'm sure they are well and truly entertained in their Google HQ bogs but to us men who are mere mortals, having some quality me time in the lav is the only time we ever get to relax.

Google, if your reading this PLEASE pull your finger out and sort out this mess. Men AND Women around the world are asking for your help. Don't punish them any longer.
    Summary of the last week Order/Shipping of Nexus 7

It all started on one fine day at the end of June, Google announced that they would be pulling a High End tablet, at a budget tablet price and 50,000 (joking of course, referring to a previous post) of us were sent into a frenzy of ordering via Google Play.

Much of the below is speculation supported by evidence on the web.

- Google's intention was to ship Nexus 7 units to retail establishments on July 9, 10 arriving at their locations on July 12 for July 13 retail sale.
    - Googles intention was to ship all pre-orders that occurred in first phase (June 27-July 1) on July 9 for arrival on Wednesday July 11 well ahead of Retail sale.
    - Something happened and the PRE-ORDERS were not shipped. Retails orders were shipped as planned. Some speculate it was the magnet that Google was concerned would result in a court ordered stay on sales or possibly the update from 4.1 to 4.1.1 that caused the delay. Possibly even the hardware, dead pixel, WiFi (not as substantiated) issues that caused the delay, whatever the reason Pre-Orders by consumers did not ship.
    - Retail establishments were told DO NOT DISPLAY, SELL ANY DEVICE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Most Retails stores initially adhered to this request BUT some missed it or ignored it and the Nexus 7 was now in the hands of a few consumers, and word spread quickly. The slinky affect occurred in retail stores, if some are selling it why can't we.....and more stores began selling the devices.
    - On Friday July 13 Google realized it truly was a day of bad luck and rather then have both Retail consumers and Pre-Order consumers be upset they either officially or unofficially released the ban on sale and retailers released the flood gates on the 5 Nexus 7 devices they received.
    - Also on Friday July 13 Google believed they had a handle on the issue keeping them from shipping our Pre-Orders was under control, or at least they decided to start the shipping process for Ore-Orders which screwed up that process even more. There was no rhyme or reason to which pre-orders were released for shipment some were first phase, some were 8G/16G, none of orders included accessories. Some of the email sent were from the original label printing on July 9 (it was July 13, 14 by then) were sent on July 14, but one thing was for certain the PRE-ORDERS were hosed from July 9 and there was no sorting it out.
    - On Friday July 13 many of us purchased a Nexus 7 from retail establishments with disregard to our Google pre-orders. We will have two devices but that is not always a horrible thing. Demand is certain to be high for these devices next week and most of us have spent countless hours tracking these devices down so you may be able to recoup some of the financial loss by listing on Craiglist or Ebay or even here if you want to sell your second device.

WARNING!!! - It has been said that you will only get 1 $25 Play credit per GOOGLE User ID, please do not think this is by device or you will lose this opportunity. My advice is you purchased two devices you deserve two credits so go raise a separate GMAIL id and register your second device under that ID. Make your purchases in Google Play store and transfer your purchases to your primary account later.

FYI - There is another opportunity to get a $10 Google gift card. Go into the Google Wallet App on your new Nexus 7 and register. You will be informed that you will get a $10 Google Wallet gift card once registration is completed and sure enough right there in Google Wallet you will see your $10 gift card.

Most of all have fun playing with your Nexus 7, and hit the Thanks button on my post here is you enjoyed the above summary or if it was helpful. Feel free to make corrections or add anything I may have missed. Again the data here is gathered form this Forum, and other news outlets.

:laugh:
    I was told by a google employee that it will be sent in waves in order of when your order was places.

I was told that they would be sent in literal waves, encased in little boats that would float to your doorstep.
    After seeing how Google handled their stock offering and the way they are handling their pre-orders, I no longer want to have anything to do with them. I'll be leaving a note on my front door informing deliver guys that I refuse delivery of any shipments from Google or Asus.

I had wanted to try an android device but I'll stick to Apple from now on.

eb6.jpg