Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jayjam99

Jan 28, 2011
Lima, OH
Thanks for the help guys. I finally got it! :)
Must have been the ROM. After flashing Fresh it worked fine. That was the only thing i did different.

kusanagi-sama

Nov 24, 2011
Wichita Falls, TX
I'm running MeanROM 1.91 (which is 1.22 based), and HTC Dev unlocked/S-On. Does this I have to go back to stock 1.13 to get S-Off? Because I want to run CM9 or 10 once everything is working properly, and I don't think I see anything in the CM9 threads that say you have to be S-Off.

When I got my phone in last week, I had it update to the latest OTA, and I have a copy of the latest OTA on my computer.

Last edited:

lowetax

Aug 31, 2010
Jersey Shore (NJ)
I'm running MeanROM 1.91 (which is 1.22 based), and HTC Dev unlocked/S-On. Does this I have to go back to stock 1.13 to get S-Off? Because I want to run CM9 or 10 once everything is working properly, and I don't think I see anything in the CM9 threads that say you have to be S-Off.

When I got my phone in last week, I had it update to the latest OTA, and I have a copy of the latest OTA on my computer.

look at post # 2
and Captain Throwback took the OTA and tried this, he can better answer you
with your setup/circumstances

it's been discussed a few times in here, what the advantage of S-OFF has over htcdev unlock.
but too tired and just touch typing, and doing that, i never make mistaeks.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jun 17, 2010
hey guys, i'm really worried and need your help please?

Just S-Off'ed and my evo now wont detect USB? idk whats going on.

if i connect to a computer the LED just blinks and my computer detects then doesnt detect (windows 7 pro 64bit plays the disconnect, reconnect noise)

i tried connecting it to my wall charger and the light stays solid however under settings>power it shows "discharging".

i've tried completely wiping my phone and restoring a previous state however same issue.

i REALLY need some help please please please. thank you in advance!

EDIT: got USB on my pc running fine now, however i cannot connect through adb (i can still use as a disk drive though?) when i connect to my wall charger it shows "discharging" instead of charging. so i'm less worried now but if anyone has more experience please please help.

Last edited:

thefoodman52

Aug 16, 2010
I would recommend getting a live cd ready of ubuntu before trying. It's (for me at least) fun to issue commands versus just clicking. It's also cool, because if you get a brick, you're already 3 steps ahead of the program.

Also, ubuntu has changed. A LOT. Last time I used it was like... 3 years ago? We never really did all that much with it (web Design class). Definitely have to say, I miss the old look.

-edit -
I hate this wait time to edit posts. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the new members (or us lurkers that never posted) have a wait on new posts, versus edits?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2010
I would recommend getting a live cd ready of ubuntu before trying. It's (for me at least) fun to issue commands versus just clicking. It's also cool, because if you get a brick, you're already 3 steps ahead of the program.

Also, ubuntu has changed. A LOT. Last time I used it was like... 3 years ago? We never really did all that much with it (web Design class). Definitely have to say, I miss the old look.

-edit -
I hate this wait time to edit posts. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the new members (or us lurkers that never posted) have a wait on new posts, versus edits?

i hardly have a reason to post, i just donate thank and read haha. ahead of you on that ubuntu disc. already downloaded just got to pull out a USB stick to have just in case. going to try and flash a completely stock rom (deodex'd and rooted of course). wish me luck. :good:

thefoodman52

Aug 16, 2010
Flashing is easy. Just vol_dwn+pwr, then recovery (once you're s-off).

One thing I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND is using the v6 supercharger script and all that jazz. Literally a night and day difference.

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
All v6 benchmarks I've seen posted reveal v6 to be a loser.

I use it, makes a huge difference in multitasking performance, has zero effect on benchmark results. It simply sets minfree and oom adj values, optionally, cleans stuff at boot.

MeanRom has it baked in, other roms step on it with init.qcom.post_boot.sh settings rendering it useless unless you deal with that and others, such as freeza's, have an alternative memory management approach.

lowetax

Aug 31, 2010
Jersey Shore (NJ)
and

i have a Jersey Speed Skiff ...
just saying
it doesn't need supercharger v6
( does S-OFF thread ? )

Lowe_Blow.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EarlyMon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/lazypanda.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

jewel.jpg

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    OH MY GOD I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK! i just ran the program after reading through post for like 4 hours and found some useful stuff and since i am successfully S-OFF i figured i'd share.

1. i was already htc unlocked and rooted running Fresh 5.1.1 so if you want to go and unlock
    2. go in your computer (im on win 7 64bit) control panel>programs and uninstall anything that says its by htc. and then install the htc drivers that are in the download page for the LazyPanda tool.
    3. open sdk manager and make sure everything is up to date and that you have the usb drivers.
    4. make sure usb debugging is enabled (settings>developer options) and the fast boot is disabled (in settings>power)plug in your evo and open up a command prompt and enter "adb devices" to make sure your evo is communicating with your computer.
    5. type in "adb reboot bootloader" your evo should now boot into a white screen that says fastboot. let any drivers that are installing on your computer finish and then type "fastboot reboot" and your phone should boot up like normal. again let all drivers install.
    6. let your evo settle and then open up the command prompt again and type "adb devices" just to check your evo is there.
    7. disable ANY antivirus tools you have one on your computer and close any program that will do any communication with your usb port.
    8. download and unzip the LazyPanda tool and then right click on the tool and run as administrator.
    9. let LazyPanda run AND DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. NOT YOUR COMPUTER. NOT YOUR EVO. DON'T EVEN TOUCH YOUR CAT. JUST SIT THERE AND PRAY THAT IT WORKS.
    10. Once it says everything is done hit enter open up another command prompt and enter "fastboot reboot" and let your phone boot.
    11. go to your evo and go to settings>activate this device and let it do its thing.
    12. ENJOY YOUR NEW S-OFF EVO!!! :D

this is probably a little overkill with checking and whatnot but with all the bricks i figure its a good idea. hope this helped for anyone who uses this mini guide and if it did hit the thanks button :D
    Here is a little more refined guide I typed out to the successful Post 475 guide. Hopefully this should be everything needed. If you see I can edit something in a better way... shoot me a PM. I hope this can be helpful to those on the fence about running LazyPanda. Remember, if something should go wrong.... there is a way to unbrick and myself and any xda member would be glad to assist in helping you run Linux to get it unbricked.

I'll try to keep this updated as things change.

Prerequisites

Rooted stock 1.13 ROM
    HTC Drivers for unlimited.io site installed
    Spare SD Card
    ADB/Fastboot from the SDK (download included)
    LazyPanda from unlimited.io site

1. Make sure you are running a rooted stock 1.13 ROM. 1.22 ROM will not work and anything with a modified build.prop will fail.
    2. Make sure you have completely removed any HTC software, including HTC Sync, then reboot.
    3. Install the HTC drivers from the unlimited.io site and then reboot.
    4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone (Settings > Developer Options).
    5. Connect your phone and put into Charge Mode only.
    6. Download the included adb/fastboot zip. Extract and launch a command prompt from that folder.
    • a. In the command window type: adb devices
    • b. You should see it say: List of devices: HTxxxxxxxxxx
    • c. Then type: adb reboot bootloader
    • d. Your phone will reboot to the bootloader and Windows will finish installing drivers. Once that is complete, type: fastboot reboot
    7. Remove your SD card and then insert your spare SD card. There is a chance LazyPanda can corrupt your SD card so it is wise to use a spare SD card. You have been warned.
    8. Make sure Fastboot is disabled on your phone (Settings > Power).
    9. Extract Lazy Panda out to your desktop.
    10. Right click on LazyPanda and run as Administrator.
    11. Do not touch your computer or phone. Let LazyPanda do its job. Once it is complete you will be at the bootloader with S-OFF.
    12. Once you reboot, let hands free activation finish. If it does not complete, try making a phone call. If that does not work, stay on the line and you should be connected to a Sprint rep that will refresh your phone.
    13. Profit.

***Note: if you are already HTC Dev unlocked with TWRP recovery, it is advised to NAND your current ROM and flash FreshROM 5.1.1. Then preform LazyPanda. It has also been noted that viperROM 1.2.1 worked as well. Basically to re-iterated #1 step, anything with a non-modified build.prop should work.***
    Does this mean the end to the dev only message that's plastered over the splash?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

yes it does
    I'm making a thread in the development section now with a zip that will remove the Red HTC developer build splash text.