Official ICS 4.0.3 V100R001C00B928 with unlock pink screen

Search This thread

linomaniac

May 15, 2008
I tried several times but does not appear SuperUser icon in the menu :eek:

You do it manual or with the genos exe? If manual, have you errors on command prompt? If with the exe file, have you hisuite installed and connected?

Sent from my U8800Pro using xda premium

Last edited:

pikachukaki

Jan 27, 2012
Thessaloníki, Greece
Hi, guys. Look at this - CWM B926 with normal version of baseband ver. 404020. It works!!! Thanks Giris.
We have:
Rebuild kernel 3.0.8 without overclock, all works, but dont works manual select network.

Nice work...have you test this??it says something about network selection??the translation is no good...and if you test it pls write how you install this so if anyone else wants to test it to know who!!

Good work!

Reactions: rilam1987

matteof93

Aug 26, 2011
Bagnolo Piemonte, ITA
Hi, guys. Look at this - CWM B926 with normal version of baseband ver. 404020. It works!!! Thanks Giris.
We have:
Rebuild kernel 3.0.8 without overclock, all works, but dont works manual select network.
great work....i have downloaded all files from your original post and analysed them....so:

• the rom has some tweaks in build.prop, some apps have been added in /data exactly as the cust folder
  • you have changed some hardware libraries to have a working baseband
  • among libraries i have seen that you changed libril-qc-1.so, which is the most important library for the kernel. did you take it from gingerbread?
  • can you explain me how works the flashable zip called "oldbasebandfix"?
  • what did you change from "original boot.img" to "changed boot.img"?

thanks ;)

Nice work...have you test this??it says something about network selection??the translation is no good...and if you test it pls write how you install this so if anyone else wants to test it to know who!!

Good work!
there are 2 flashable files....the first is the ics rom, the second is to fix baseband problem. so flash the rom and then the second zip file to fix baseband.

the second flashable zip will replace some hardware libraries to obtain a working baseband.

Moihack

Apr 9, 2012
It works!!! Well it still has some issues here and there but I guess this is Huawei's fault(i.e wifi doesn't even turn on).
Great job Giris!!!

Try it out guys & let's start "cooking" :D

Last edited:

Faithlezz

Jan 1, 2011
Minsk
great work....i have downloaded all files from your original post and analysed them....so:

there are 2 flashable files....the first is the ics rom, the second is to fix baseband problem. so flash the rom and then the second zip file to fix baseband.

the second flashable zip will replace some hardware libraries to obtain a working baseband.

You're wrong, ROM is working without second file. He just sharing with us ths libraries, because he have not enough time to make a perfect ROM.
By the way, some people is working on it now ;)
It works!!! Well it still has some issues here and there but I guess this is Huawei's fault(i.e wifi doesn't even turn on).
Great job Giris!!!
Wi-fi works perfect! Checked on 2 different hotspot: at work and at home. Using wi-fi about 3 hours w\o any problem

Last edited:
Reactions: bronxitas

Moihack

Apr 9, 2012
Wi-fi works perfect! Checked on 2 different hotspot: at work and at home. Using wi-fi about 3 hours w\o any problem

Well mine doesn't :p
Wifi just hangs saying wifi is turning on
The problem is there, no matter if I install the old_basebandfix.zip or not.
Anyway.I will redownload the rom later in case something got corrupted during the download process

mm231982

Jul 27, 2010
We speaking about different romz? Root is working w\o any more moovements, such as install su or other.
freezes?? buggy??? :eek:

Custom ICS v4.0.3 B926 Lite by giris
Based on Rom_4.0_V100R001C00B926.Normal

This ROM from the russian site....
what rom do you have?

when i try to open root explorer or titanium backup in just hangs with blank screen,just the name of the app....

Faithlezz

Jan 1, 2011
Minsk
Custom ICS v4.0.3 B926 Lite by giris
Based on Rom_4.0_V100R001C00B926.Normal

This ROM from the russian site....
what rom do you have?

when i try to open root explorer or titanium backup in just hangs with blank screen,just the name of the app....
Have the same ROM, not any problem at all, excepting keys backlights, such as in stock B926 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei_logo.jpg

android-ics.jpg

Changelog:
    1.fix bug about atmel touch panel;
    2.fix bug that the backlight wont auto turn on when calling;
    3.increase the available memory of the applications;
    4.Modify the SD card hot swap program,user can change the default storage location;
    5.shorten the boot time when disable fast boot.

Rom:http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY1NTY=
    Patched services.jar: http://www.mediafire.com/?s5oi53ygryooxvg
    Build.prop with tweaks: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8xv6aff0fozx3v
    Unlock fps (paste it on system/etc give all 9 permissions): http://www.mediafire.com/?yybxj2yy18xedqb
    Volume rocker: http://www.mediafire.com/?bgpin1yp77po9p9
    querty.kl and Generic.kl move to system/usr/keylayout/ with overwrite check permissions rw-r--r--
    android.policy.jar move to system/ make permissions rw-r--r-- and then move to system/framework/ with overwrite.
    Fastly restart phone. First boot will took very long ~2min, but finaly MOD works
    Multilanguage keyboard: http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/files/LatinIME.apk

ROOT
    Download this : http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/files/Root_u8800pro.rar
    Extract the exe on your desktop
    Connect your phone and enable usb debugging then press the 1st button on the exe
    Wait for the commands to finish and check if you have SuperUser on your apps!!

Installation
    Ok i say there is a pdf inside the zip but noone reads it..so how to install the rom
    1)You have to have 2.3 rom...any rom official,custom,cm,miui,mine,kalos anything
    1a)If you have froyo update to 2.3 find the post here on xda dont ask here how to update to 2.3)
    2)make a folder on your sdcard and sdcard only named "dload"
    3)Inside dload paste update.app from zip's step1 folder
    4)Close the phone-remove the battery-insert the battery and hold both volume keys and press power until you see the huawei logo
    4a)If the installation starts and gives you a fail do the same as above and press the keys for less seconds
    5)Wait for the installation to finish..step1 and step3 will make 10-20seconds to install step2 will make 10minutes
    5a)If and only if after installing step1 phone boots on cwm format data/make factory reset and reboot your phone
    6)Wait to boot on your rom no rom changed until now
    7)Now on your dload folder delete the update.app and paste update.app from zip's step2
    8)Close the phone remove the battery and boot up with both volumes and power button,wait to finish..if your red light in headphone starts flashing quick you have problem..take off the battery and try again
    9)After step2 finished wait for it to boot..normaly it will take you to stock recovery and make some wipes,then it will boot to ics!
    10)After finishing login to your gmail account and everything loads normaly remove from dload update.app and paste step3 update.app
    11)Close the phone remove tha battery and power the phone with both volumes and power button
    12)Wait for it to finish this is quick like step1
    13)There is a posibility that this step will take you to stock recovery too wait for the wipes to be done and if it stack at OK remove tha battery and insert it again
    14)The phone will boot up normaly
    15)Now you have all ics functions working!!GL so don't ask again how to install!!thx!!

Unlock the pink screen
    1)Download the B928 Unlock the pink screen zip and flash it just like the steps above
    2)After finishing flashing the unlock remove your sdcard and boot the phone to bootloader mode (pink screen) with Volume +/- pressed and power until you see a pink screen in the phone
    3)Connect the phone to the USB cable and open your explorer on your pc
    4)You will see a removable disk with the folder "Image" inside
    5)Download the CWM recovery (the new by geno is in chinese for now) rename it to recovery.img and replace the existing recovery.img in the image folder
    6)Disconect the usb cable remove the battery and boot your phone normally
    If you are like me that after flashing step2 try to flash unlock and get the pink screen backup your sdcard to your pc and have inside only dload folder nothing more!!or i found this now..use the internal sd..

To downgrade to 2.3.5 you need to download 2.3.5 rom and flash only Step2 update.app!!

-------------
    Known bug list:
    1)The 4 keys after a while stop lighting they can be fixed if you restart but after 2-3 restarts they stop working at all
    2)The phone model shows as U8800 not U8800+ or U8800pro although this is a U8800PRO rom not for non pro phone
    3)Some users complaining about random reboots

Non bugs:
    1)Low Ram...ics is newer and better that GB so it uses more ram than GB nothing we can do at least for now
    2)No image folder on pink screen,as i say at the top of the post bootloader aka pink screen is locked so we can't see our image folder
    3)After changing to CWM you will get a notice that says that your recovery.img has wrong signature thats the results of the post above bootloader is locked!!
    4)This rom is stock..and as you remember if your using at all your stock GB roms they suck...so don't compare it with kalo's or any other rom as soon as we are be able to unlock the bootloader we are be able to took the rom and make it as stable and fast as we can..and also to make CM9 and MIUI v4!
    Thread cleaned a bit. Please respect the forum rules, and keep the discussion development related. Thanks!

2.3 Flaming: XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

2.5 Courtesy towards other Members: Treat new members the way you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instruction when you can and always with respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Instead of continue a endless discussion not development related, please use the report button. Anonymous report will be generated and this will improve for sure this forum. Thanks!

capturagt.png
    Pika, you wrote in first post "Be aware that after updating to B927 you wont be able to flash any other rom or be able to change boot.img and recovery.img!There is a new protection system that wont let us change anything from pink screen that also didn't work at all!!So be aware!"
    But in the official instructions have the opportunity to downgrade:

Android 4.0 to Android2.3 swap-back operations
    Back up your personal data before upgrade, the upgrade process
    will wipe all user data.
    (1) Download the officially released Android2.3update patch with your pc.
    (2) Follow the officially released U8800pro 2.3 version update instructions to
    update the phone from Android 4.0 to Android 2.3

Why do you confuse people? or you know better than the manufacturer??

He also says " To downgrade to 2.3.5 you need to download 2.3.5 rom and flash only Step2 update"
    You have to read more carefully and learn the difference between a rom and a firmware.
    Pika is right, you can't flash any other rom via custom recovery only a firmware to upgrate/downgrade.
    Pika was right once more about the New update.
    I don't understand what is your problem with him, he is trying to help and he has nothing to gain from this.
    You should apreciate his effort even if he makes some mistakes, after all we all make some mistakes.

Sent from my u8800pro using Tapatalk
    I'm use 2.2 Horse Absolute...
    Just purfect
    No bugs
    No crash
    All extras work
    240 mb free ram everytime...

and what? I have Nokia 3310, all extras work. 128 kb free ram everytime *sarkazm* We are all discuss ICS rom in here. Go back.

people, our team from 4pda dot ru made cwm rom ICS B926, but he is not full work, does not work gsm radio module and imei is empty. Faithlezz put a link to rom and instructions in next post. Thanks.
    Pika, you wrote in first post "Be aware that after updating to B927 you wont be able to flash any other rom or be able to change boot.img and recovery.img!There is a new protection system that wont let us change anything from pink screen that also didn't work at all!!So be aware!"
    But in the official instructions have the opportunity to downgrade:

Android 4.0 to Android2.3 swap-back operations
    Back up your personal data before upgrade, the upgrade process
    will wipe all user data.
    (1) Download the officially released Android2.3update patch with your pc.
    (2) Follow the officially released U8800pro 2.3 version update instructions to
    update the phone from Android 4.0 to Android 2.3

Why do you confuse people? or you know better than the manufacturer??