Simplest way to circumvent the 'EMMC_CAP_ERASE' bug... Save your precious...!!!

Search This thread

kranti2064

Apr 23, 2011
Gurgaon
***This is not for devices that have already been bricked. It applies to only those people who have inadvertantly flashed one of the 'Unsafe' 4.04 ROMs and wish to change ROMs or restore back their nandroid backup.***

Hi All,

Considering that a lot of gentry is unawares of how to go back to their nandroid back ups from the 'unsafe' 4.04 Stock Builds and are afraid to flash kernels fearing that their beloved may develop cataract, get pimples or maybe pass way (god rest their souls..) , below is the most foolproof, noob friendly way of going back to stock set up while circumventing the dreaded 'emmc_cap_erase' bug...

- Go to Intratech's thread of all stock firmwares in Original Development section.
- Download Stock KL1 <http://hotfile.com/dl/146342883/c1bdbd7/I9100XWKL1_I9100ODDKL1_INU.zip.html> (because it is no wipe) + Odin tool (you did flash LPM/LPO/LQ5/LQ6, exactly the same way!!!)
- Switch off your phone, restart in Download mode (Volume Down+Home+Power), you will see a flash page, choose to continue.
- Fire up Odin, confirm that the phone is connected, Click on 'PDA' and add KL1, flash KL1.
- First reboot, phone will bootloop.
- Switch off, restart in stock recovery (Volume Up + Home + Power)
- Do a factory reset.

That is it!!! Your beloved has been saved from Satanic evil...! Now install your favorite GB/ 4.03 ROM/ CM9 or CM9 derivatives or restore a nandroid back up (if you had any... :p)

I hope this helps... :)

Learn and Share.. That is what XDA is about..

Last edited:

cpl.Bower

May 23, 2012
what?

below is the most foolproof, noob friendly way of going back to stock set up while circumventing the dreaded 'emmc_cap_erase' bug...
What?. Come that again?. Why you dont tell us step by step, what exactly what you did?. Because I TRIED (and a lot of other more complex things) that before I have to CHANGE my MB...

remorema

Mar 12, 2009
Lisbon
What?. Come that again?. Why you dont tell us step by step, what exactly what you did?. Because I TRIED (and a lot of other more complex things) that before I have to CHANGE my MB...

this is not a fix. this is a method to prevent brick. if you brickef it allready like I did, only PBA main replacement solves it.

Sent from my reborn i9100

Reactions: kranti2064

kranti2064

Apr 23, 2011
Gurgaon

I did exactly as stated in OP.. I just happened to read around before flashing ROMs ( ***noob flashaholics*** ).. And hence, even though I have an unsafe chip and after flashing LQ5, LPM and going back to VR 3.0 and now running LPO.. I write this from my phone..

Vilzu

Feb 5, 2012
Can someone confirm that this works when going from LPO backwars? Also why should I flash from ICS rom to GB rom? Isn't that bad for the phone? I wanna go to some stock rom from where I can flash the jelly bean preview

Last edited:

kranti2064

Apr 23, 2011
Gurgaon
Can someone confirm that this works when going from LPO backwars? Also why should I flash from ICS rom to GB rom? Isn't that bad for the phone? I wanna go to some stock rom from where I can flash the jelly bean preview

Yes mate, it works for LPO as well. You should flash a GB rom so that the unsafe kernel kernel is overwritten by a GB kernel which is completely safe before the phone or you attempt a wipe.

No it is not bad for your phone. In fact trying anthing else can be fatal for your phone. :)

Once you have taken the steps I have provided, you can flash the JB preview from CWM from the GB ROM.

Last edited:

mrcreativity

Feb 26, 2008
Mumbai
Give me a step by step guide and I'll add to the OP. Else stop trolling the thread trying to portray a higher level of intellect or smartassness..

He's actually right. Flash siyah or another custom kernel and you're good to go. Looks like the latest speedmod is safe as well.

To reset the counter and get rid of the triangle, use chainfire's app.

Or flash an older GB boot loader from Intratech's thread and use a jig.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MemoryController

Vilzu

Feb 5, 2012
just one more thing which KL1 should I flash? The one which is based of of the original package or some indian version? also the thread where you linked to only has megaupload links :/

kranti2064

Apr 23, 2011
Gurgaon
He's actually right....... from Intratech's thread and use a jig.

As I said, give me a step by step method and I will add it to the OP. Or else forever maintain your peace.

My method is simple, requires no additional tinkering apart from the steps I have mentioned. Not all people like Siyah (3.1 brick incident) or want to go through the hassle of running a kernel cleaning script.

I want to keep it simple... You are free to open an another thread with the steps you feel are simplest.. You could call it "Simpler than Simplest...."

:)

kranti2064

Apr 23, 2011
Gurgaon
just one more thing which KL1 should I flash? The one which is based of of the original package or some indian version? also the thread where you linked to only has megaupload links :/

Use the Indian version, it is a no wipe.. You can then flash your own country's firmware over it..

Well, the <samsung-updates.com> is down for the moment, it has faster links. I guess megaupload it is for the moment then..

ephraim

Oct 6, 2010
Cebu City
Asus ZenFone 4 Max
As I said, give me a step by step method and I will add it to the OP. Or else forever maintain your peace.

My method is simple, requires no additional tinkering apart from the steps I have mentioned. Not all people like Siyah (3.1 brick incident) or want to go through the hassle of running a kernel cleaning script.

I want to keep it simple... You are free to open an another thread with the steps you feel are simplest.. You could call it "Simpler than Simplest...."

:)

To have an informative thread an OP should first learn how to search and read. People suggested that you should search for it, which everybody knows is the answer for almost everything. If you want to know how to remove the triangle and add them to your first post, you should do your research first instead of asking the guy to spoon feed you the solution. Using TraingleAway is a no brainer, just simply flash an ICS ROM, run the app, press whatever is needed to be pressed (of course you need to verify that the information about, if you have a triangle or how many binary counts you have etc is correct), let it reboot and the binary counter and triangle will be gone. Of course just saying that won't guarantee the success of every people using it. There are some instances that problems occur that i haven't put in my so called "guide" for triangle away. The only way is to read the original post of TraingleAway thread.

If you want to help people by answering their query is to acquire knowledge on how to do things etc. You can't do that if you won't try to search and understand the subject first. Spoon feeding is the last thing we, as members of this developer site, should do.

Anyway, i am not here to bash you or anything. Of course i appreciate this thread because it will help people who are unaware how to safely flash their phone if they are on the famous "brickable ROM/Kernel". I am just here to remind you that no matter who we/you are, everyone needs to do their research first rather than people just giving you all the answer to everything. After all, using TriangleAway is "RISKY (well, i haven't heard anyone bricking their phone yet with it)" according to its developer hence the need to read its thread first before posting a guide to your thread. Good luck to you and your thread and hope you understand what i am talking about.

Cheers:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***This is not for devices that have already been bricked. It applies to only those people who have inadvertantly flashed one of the 'Unsafe' 4.04 ROMs and wish to change ROMs or restore back their nandroid backup.***

Hi All,

Considering that a lot of gentry is unawares of how to go back to their nandroid back ups from the 'unsafe' 4.04 Stock Builds and are afraid to flash kernels fearing that their beloved may develop cataract, get pimples or maybe pass way (god rest their souls..) , below is the most foolproof, noob friendly way of going back to stock set up while circumventing the dreaded 'emmc_cap_erase' bug...

- Go to Intratech's thread of all stock firmwares in Original Development section.
    - Download Stock KL1 <http://hotfile.com/dl/146342883/c1bdbd7/I9100XWKL1_I9100ODDKL1_INU.zip.html> (because it is no wipe) + Odin tool (you did flash LPM/LPO/LQ5/LQ6, exactly the same way!!!)
    - Switch off your phone, restart in Download mode (Volume Down+Home+Power), you will see a flash page, choose to continue.
    - Fire up Odin, confirm that the phone is connected, Click on 'PDA' and add KL1, flash KL1.
    - First reboot, phone will bootloop.
    - Switch off, restart in stock recovery (Volume Up + Home + Power)
    - Do a factory reset.

That is it!!! Your beloved has been saved from Satanic evil...! Now install your favorite GB/ 4.03 ROM/ CM9 or CM9 derivatives or restore a nandroid back up (if you had any... :p)

I hope this helps... :)

Now since you read the entire post, press the 'Thanks' button, will you? :p
    NO,
    Don't be a thanks whore

Sent from my GT-I9100 running CM10

this is not a fix. this is a method to prevent brick. if you brickef it allready like I did, only PBA main replacement solves it.

Sent from my reborn i9100
    Use search

Sent from my GT-I9100 running CM10
    Give me a step by step guide and I'll add to the OP. Else stop trolling the thread trying to portray a higher level of intellect or smartassness..

He's actually right. Flash siyah or another custom kernel and you're good to go. Looks like the latest speedmod is safe as well.

To reset the counter and get rid of the triangle, use chainfire's app.

Or flash an older GB boot loader from Intratech's thread and use a jig.