Successful downgrade, 4.0 back to 2.3.5 Update Download & Pictures

Search This thread

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX

rdhoggattjr

Aug 13, 2011
Since I had a spare a2 AT&T mb865 I decided it try this out. This actually worked for me as well :)
Used rsd lite version 5.6
Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

It let you do the OTA to 2.3.6?

I noticed that it didn't flash mbmloader. I hope that doesn't cause problems for the OTA for ics. But i know just enough to get my self in trouble :D

Sent from my MB865 on ICS

killeril

Aug 7, 2009
It let you do the OTA to 2.3.6?

I noticed that it didn't flash mbmloader. I hope that doesn't cause problems for the OTA for ics. But i know just enough to get my self in trouble :D

Indeed for me, downgraded to 2.3.5, then flashed OTA 2.3.6, then back to 4.0.4

Last edited:

rdhoggattjr

Aug 13, 2011
I may try this because i want a new phone. So if it bricks it i can tell my wife my phone died.

Reactions: vsoni

chrisn91

Feb 8, 2012
washington
Hmmm.. I was skeptical at first, but I am getting very curious about this now with success stories popping up...

I was 2 but I said screw it its a spare phone and I'm getting the sg3 later today. Now I'm thinking of trying it on the other phone as well just to see if it works what r the chances of me having 2 "special" phones

Last edited:
Reactions: alteredlikeness

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
I was 2 but I said screw it its a spare phone and I'm getting the sg3 later today. Now I'm thinking of trying it on the other phone as well just to see if it works what r the chances of me having 2 "special" phones

If the second one were to do it too. It feels like itd be almost a garuntee for the rest...hmmm...this is progressing along nicely.

Sent From My Delicious Ice Cream Sandwich! Not Your Disgusting Apple Pie!

rdhoggattjr

Aug 13, 2011
this worked for me too! but like i said the only thing that scares me is if they change the mbmloader for the OTA and it tries to flash it could it brick your phone. but yes it worked :)

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Yeah the mbmloader was the problem, so if this leak doesn't flash it it should work on ALL phones.
But as rdhoggattjr said If they try to flash the mbmloader in the ICS OTA update we may be screwed....

rdhoggattjr

Aug 13, 2011
The fact that it works sucks for me because I wanted a new phone :p

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We try to use the original 2.3.6 back to 2.3.5 of the file to replace the SBF, and then use RSD flash to the phone, the results of success.This is the successful experiment of some testers in China!
    Sorry, my English is not good. . . . . . . .

http://115.com/file/dpcxmx46#4.0.4to2.3.5.zip
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...257369110E!164
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/94353544/4.0.4to2.3.5.zip

Unzip the zip to replace the file in the InlineFlashing_edison_5.5.175.16_cfc_p3_APBP_CID285
    this is true, tested, it is safe

But
    ap is still 72

111wpw.jpg

1112.jpg

1113.jpg
    I know, I used the translator in chrome, and I could read everything just fine, but, if he is going to post something like this he either should make it accessible to us, or pull it all down. I hope he can put the files someplace that I can get a look at them, because I am looking a doing something similar I think, and it would be nice to see if I was on the right track, or if maybe I missed something.

I sent you a PM with a mediafire link for this file. Hope it is helpful.
    Back! OMFG it worked! Awesome. Take back the BS I said earlier. Gotta give the dude MAJOR props! And not knowing much english! Badass! OP your cool in my book man. Hope to see you around the forum more! :thumbup:

Sent From My Atrix 2 Back on GB From ICS Leak! And Ready For More ICS!

Chinese is my mother tongue, English is so bad because I did not concentrate on reading:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    My contact information is: sten709@gmail.com
    MAN That's AWESOME!

Another quick question.... The way this worked was by skipping the mbmloader right? What if the ICS OTA tries to flash it.. wouldn't it brick our phones?

Remember what the OTA is, right? It is linux patch files so nothing is "flashed", all the files that have patches are patched using the patch command. If it tries to update the BL it will fail, becuase it is not at 0.65A anymore and it will be at 0.72A, so we (your dev community), will have to figure out how to remove those from the update-script for those who took the plunge with the leak and have the updated BL. So we will have the SOAK next week, and can start working on it then, so we are ready for the solution by the time the real OTA is out.
    Has any devs dug into to this yet to see if this works?

Yeah, I am working on it.

One of our very nice users jerrycrystal http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4413807
    Uploaded this to place I could grab it yesterday afternoon.

Go give jerrycrystal some thanks.

I should have something ready, to test, I am hoping early next week.