[6-28-12] ROM-WIP-UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the evoLTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scaryghoul

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2010
North East, MD
I'm just going to take it upon myself to keep a little list here for me and anyone else. I'll update it every day for every build. I'll also keep popular work arounds here too. Well even though no one else is referring to this, I'll update it a bit[\b]
Phone conditions this buglist is based on
  • Full wipe before every flash (System, data, cache)
  • Gapps installed directly after flash

Bug list for CM10 compiled by Scaryghoul & IRC community as of 8/19 build
  1. MHL(HDMI)

Common bugs that not everyone has
  • Proximity issues with calling ( Black screen of death) - It's getting rarer and rarer in terms of reported cases.
  • Sending calls can force a reboot

Bugs some people MAY have or have reported ( Not everyone has them or they are quite rare )
  • Losing reception may require toggling of airplane mode for data to reconnect

Bugs we believe to be squashed
  • 3G data drop - To fix just toggle airplane mode once or twice (if once doesn't work) - Rumoured perm fix below.

Workarounds
  • batgrrlx said:
    GPS Lock issues w or w/o FC's

Fix: Flashback to sense, ##GPSCLRX# clear data/cache in maps, reboot to sense get a gps lock, restore CMX and got a good quick lock.
    <ladyx> No 3g (only 1xRTT), GPS lock issues, (so far every) wake lock issues:
    <ladyx> Nandroid backup CM10, clear cache & wipe data / factory reset, install Sense rom, get GPS lock and 3g signal, clear cache & wipe data / factory reset, restore nandroid backup of CM 10

Last edited:

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Just want to get a show of hands about the 7/30 CM10 build; did anyone else experience a total black screen when making or receiving calls, where the power button did nothing and your screen did not turn back on until the other person hung up? Some people say it's related to the proximity sensor, but I know for a fact mine works fine.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Just want to get a show of hands about the 7/30 CM10 build; did anyone else experience a total black screen when making or receiving calls, where the power button did nothing and your screen did not turn back on until the other person hung up? Some people say it's related to the proximity sensor, but I know for a fact mine works fine.

Deck said on irc that he has not fixed proximity sensor stuff and I don't think he will until he fixes more of the major stuff...
The issue you are having is only happening to phones with defective proximity sensors... I happen to have one of those phones :( I don't want to exchange because I'm afraid of getting an updated phone and can't s-off. That issue is fixable because if you run 7/26 build if cm9 the issue is not there.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Scaryghoul

Jun 25, 2010
North East, MD

Yeah that was supposed to be normal. Fixed in the 31 build.

crump84

Feb 19, 2011
The Gump

I'm experiencing the same thing. It's been a issue with every build I've tried. (I've used them all except the 7/31 build.) I've also never had any proximity sensor issues, so I wouldn't think that would be the problem. It doesn't seem to do it with every call but it's happening more often than not. It's pretty much the only thing that's making it hard to use JB as a daily driver.

Sent from my ELTE using Tapatalk 2

Scaryghoul

Jun 25, 2010
North East, MD
Scary, nice to see you over in the LTE forums, used to love your kernels on my Shift. :)

Anyway, Thanks for the info, haven't had a chance to flash the 7/31 build. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Thanks =D I may start deving after school is out on the 8th. I usually only start that when battery life becomes an issue like it is for me on aosp(or was, dunno about 31 yet).

Yeah I just had a call and it was fine on 31. Try it out from a fresh wipe. If you guys have any bugs I missed then mention them please.

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Deck said on irc that he has not fixed proximity sensor stuff and I don't think he will until he fixes more of the major stuff...
The issue you are having is only happening to phones with defective proximity sensors... I happen to have one of those phones :( I don't want to exchange because I'm afraid of getting an updated phone and can't s-off. That issue is fixable because if you run 7/26 build if cm9 the issue is not there.

How can the sensor be defective if it works in Sense? What deck told me was that he was still using proxmity sensor code from CM9, and that wasn't always agreeing with CM10 on each phone.

Yeah that was supposed to be normal. Fixed in the 31 build.

:eek: Thanks! I'll go try it out.

I'm experiencing the same thing. It's been a issue with every build I've tried. (I've used them all except the 7/31 build.) I've also never had any proximity sensor issues, so I wouldn't think that would be the problem. It doesn't seem to do it with every call but it's happening more often than not. It's pretty much the only thing that's making it hard to use JB as a daily driver.

Yeah, I'm going to try the 7/31 build and see if it fixes it, because if it does, that will probably be my daily. I hope it's fixed.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
How can the sensor be defective if it works in Sense? What deck told me was that he was still using proxmity sensor code from CM9, and that wasn't always agreeing with CM10 on each phone.

:eek: Thanks! I'll go try it out.

Yeah, I'm going to try the 7/31 build and see if it fixes it, because if it does, that will probably be my daily. I hope it's fixed.

Because the sensor issue can be "fixed" with software to make it work as its supposed to

Edit: if you recall the issue was there on sense 1.13 or what ever it was but not as bad and later fixed on 1.22

Last edited:

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago

I can say I haven't had the proximity issue at all, in all light conditions on every cm build I've tried, which is quite a few. You aren't alone though, many people have the problem. I have no idea why I can't replicate it.

Sent from my LTEvo

aliwho

Nov 26, 2011
I didn't have any proximity sensor problems with the either the 30 or 31 July builds.

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011
I dont have prox sensor issues, but battery went down 20% in an hour sitting in my pocket, so I had to nand back.

My DD once that gets resolved

kellybrf

Nov 16, 2007
Google Pixel 8
I dont have prox sensor issues, but battery went down 20% in an hour sitting in my pocket, so I had to nand back.

My DD once that gets resolved
is this with 7/31 build? 7/29 was draining about 10% an hour for me too with about 30s of total use. I can deal with the call and camera issues, but I'm away from a charges for 12 hours at a time so that's a deal breaker

snakecharmer23

Oct 1, 2007
proximity sensor

From what I recall, the proximity sensor issue was always in dispute. My opinion is that it has a lot to do with whether or not you have a screen protector and/or case.

My personal experience is that I have never had any issues with the proximity sensor on stock sense or custom roms and my phone is butt naked. :cowboy:

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
is this with 7/31 build? 7/29 was draining about 10% an hour for me too with about 30s of total use. I can deal with the call and camera issues, but I'm away from a charges for 12 hours at a time so that's a deal breaker

Battery life is indeed rough as of now. I'm already at 66% three hours after waking up.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_bhhAvjb5o *outdated*

*Note*
    These builds are brought to you from the combined efforts of toastcfh and I, and of course the cm team for the base code!

Not Working:
    -Panorama
    -Tethering
    -MMS
    -You tell me.

MAJOR thanks goto toastcfh and intervirgil for helping me when i was stuck. yall are winners! i will update this post accordingly when some more work gets done.
    #winnering #evoLTE #cm9

Please dont flash if you dont know what you are doing or atleast until OP is redone with proper instructions and whatnot.

*IMPORTANT* DO NOT CLICK TO SETUP WIZARD, CLICK COM.ANDROID.PROVISION.DEFAULTACTIVITY
    nmqk.jpg

Download:
    http://d-h.st/JXo *updated 6/28/12*

all source is on my github for the device tree and vendor:
    https://github.com/kushdeck
    feel free to fork and help fix and upstream!
    Issues:
    https://github.com/kushdeck/android_device_htc_jewel/issues?state=open

follow me on twitter @kushdeck for the latest and most up to date progress.
    -deck

Donations are VERY much appreciated.
    I'm just going to take it upon myself to keep a little list here for me and anyone else. I'll update it every day for every build. I'll also keep popular work arounds here too. Well even though no one else is referring to this, I'll update it a bit[\b]
    Phone conditions this buglist is based on
    • Full wipe before every flash (System, data, cache)
    • Gapps installed directly after flash

Bug list for CM10 compiled by Scaryghoul & IRC community as of 8/19 build
    1. MHL(HDMI)

Common bugs that not everyone has
    • Proximity issues with calling ( Black screen of death) - It's getting rarer and rarer in terms of reported cases.
    • Sending calls can force a reboot

Bugs some people MAY have or have reported ( Not everyone has them or they are quite rare )
    • Losing reception may require toggling of airplane mode for data to reconnect

Bugs we believe to be squashed
    • 3G data drop - To fix just toggle airplane mode once or twice (if once doesn't work) - Rumoured perm fix below.

Workarounds
    • batgrrlx said:
      GPS Lock issues w or w/o FC's

Fix: Flashback to sense, ##GPSCLRX# clear data/cache in maps, reboot to sense get a gps lock, restore CMX and got a good quick lock.
      <ladyx> No 3g (only 1xRTT), GPS lock issues, (so far every) wake lock issues:
      <ladyx> Nandroid backup CM10, clear cache & wipe data / factory reset, install Sense rom, get GPS lock and 3g signal, clear cache & wipe data / factory reset, restore nandroid backup of CM 10
    new build up, check the OP. enjoy.

-deck
    First off....I know that everyone's had this phone since before time began, and it's been around forever...obviously this means that in the years and years that this phone has been out, the devs have just been wasting time with...

*...gets handed some papers*
    *ruffles through them*
    ....wait, what? This is still a new device? Oh. I guess people just aren't being patient while waiting for someone to make things better. If you want it to go faster, or want functionality like you "used to have", you have two choices:

1. Fix It Yourself
    If you can't fix it yourself, then shut the f*ck up. Beggers can't be choosers, and in case you haven't noticed, devs really don't make money here for the work that they do. It's not easy work. You can't just recolor a file and then everything is fine, you have to actually dive into sh*t and figure it out. If it was easy, you'd all be doing it.

2. Use your old phone
    If you can't fix it yourself, and you want all of the "great features" from your old, outdated phone, then use that. Why get a new phone at all? If you don't want to use your old phone, please, keep your negative opinions to yourself.

I know you guys that complain don't mean anything by it, but I come from the "Evo Shift" phone. We didn't have a crapton of devs for a long time, and when we got CM7, it didn't work with all the bells and whistles either. Keyboard issues, keyboard light issues, 4g, etc, etc. And then, it worked just freakin' fine. I hear that they'll get CM10 working soon enough too. And when they do, I'll thank the devs (whomever they may be) and then I'll happily use it.

Passive-aggressive sh*t like "it's really hard not to make the switch" and "y'know, I'd like this phone more if..." or "wow, this other phone got..." is just that -- sh*t. Wait your turn, and thank whatever god(s) you have (in my case, deck and toast!) that you even have someone working on your stuff. Having people say negative **** about something that someone's working hard to make for someone (and for free mind you) makes them not want to work anymore. They get sick of helping out the hordes of mindless and ridiculous people who can't appreciate what they've got, and what they're going to get without contributing anything themselves.

You don't have money? Fine. Contribute knowledge.
    You don't have knowledge? Fine. Contribute patience.
    You don't have patience? Fine. Shut the f*ck up for those of us that appreciate the good and the bad times, because we don't want to run any devs away from our community.

People, we have lots of development. What we don't have is source, so of course we don't have tons of fully functioning AOSP ROMs. What else could you possibly want from a Sense ROM? We have tons. We have amazing tweaks in those... Way more than CM has. Also, we have at least 3 custom kernels with new governors, overclocking of CPU AND GPU... Also many themes and other visual tweaks. We have freaking Google Now on ICS!! What constitutes a lot of development these days?

THIS. We have some excellent Sense roms, even ones that are "de-Sensed". While I like CM better personally, I'm using a de-Sensed Viper ROM. I like it, a lot, and I want CM, but the fact that these things exist now makes me happy. I'm not even S-OFF yet (stupid HBOOT!) but when the new 1.15 gets busted (and it will!) I'll be happy to do that too -- I won't complain to a dev because of it, because frankly, it's not their problem.

You and me (others too, of course) are on the same page. We have a great amount of development. We don't have the SAME roms over and over again with just a few small changes. We have a great community. It's great that people like you appreciate the amount of work that the devs do for us.
    Thanks Kush! I'll start an unofficial AOKP port. I'll let you know if fix anything.