Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: How-To: Fix No Pics and Fix Vo…
1st August 2012, 07:29 PM
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Info 2 How-To: Fix No Pics and Fix Voice Reply on Google Now
Google Now: NO Voice reply or Picture showing up work around.

This is for anyone who cannot get a voice to reply for anything in Google Now (that includes weather), and also for people who cant get a picture for Google Now cards. The reason for why voice does not work is because the languages are mixed in settings. I used to have Google Now as English Canada, but voice as English US. Unfortunately, I cannot use English Canada, so I had to set them all to English US.

This is how I did it:

1. Go into System settings > Language and Input
2. Make sure Language is set to English (US)
3. Make sure Google voice typing is checked and set to Automatic
4. Click on Voice Search underneath SPEECH. Make sure Language is set to English (US) and Speech Output is set to always speak
5. Go into Text-to-speech output. Click on the Google Text-to.. settings icon. Language should be set to English US.
6. Test voice by going into Google Now and asking it the weather. It should reply! Note: For weather, the voice always replies, which is why you should test weather.
7. Click Thanks if this helped

Picture not showing up for cards: This is pretty easy.
1. Go into Google Now
2. Click on Settings>Privacy and Accounts> and check off "Search on google.com"
3. Test it by asking a question that has a picture. For example: "How tall is Kobe Bryant?" The picture should now show up.
4. Click Thanks if this helped

Any questions, just Private Message me. ^.^ or post in the thread.

PS. This workaround worked for me, on CM10 v8 Alpha Preview by FE with the Gapps from OP and Devil 1.0.4 Test3 JB kernel. Also, for pictures, one other user reported that he did not get the "search on google.com" option. Please test it out and tell me if it works, THANK YOU! Also, click thanks if I helped ;D
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hobbesfed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hobbesfed Ad-Free