[Q&A][JellyBean][4.1.1]Unofficial CM10

Search This thread

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
So my personal files like pics vids and such are safe with doing the extra formats?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Factory format and system format will not affect your pictures. (Or doing a data. Or cache. Or dalvik wipe)

do note that a system format will not boot up, untill you flash a rom.

Don't do emmc or SD card formats. or an erase all data if its there.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: superman04p

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
Does anyone know what galaxy4. apk is? (Blackhole 1.0) NM (turns out it is the ICS wallpapers)

Does anyone know why the browsers draw webpages so slow in any ICS ROM vs cm7 (for example)

Last edited:
Reactions: superman04p

zacharysblubaugh

May 4, 2012
I wiped everything but sdcard and emmc flash the 08/05 and the inverted gapps fixed permissions

OK now my problem is this when I go into the phone hit the menu key then push the settings button it brings up a error message and the phone app crashes and restarts

Can anyone else confirm this or have any suggestions

Sent from my Samsung Infuse running Jelly Bean using the xda-developers app

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
I wiped everything but sdcard and emmc flash the 08/05 and the inverted gapps fixed permissions

OK now my problem is this when I go into the phone hit the menu key then push the settings button it brings up a error message and the phone app crashes and restarts

this could be the inverted phone app. you are using inverted gapps.

you can either redo it all and install gapps 7/26 OR just delete the inverted phone app in system/app and then replace it from the rom zip and fix its permissions (match the others)

usually you can tell what app is the phone based on its icon.

if you cant figure it's name out ill look it up, my phone is not right next to me... i forget what its name is.

also you can go to titanium back up, and look at phone and see if you can see its real name. (com.google.phone.apk or whatever, that was a wild guess)

messing with system/app files wont brick your phone, only might cause it to not boot normal. you can always 3 button boot into recovery :D

if this is too difficult, i would try just the 7/26 gapps for now. see what happens.

Reactions: zacharysblubaugh

zacharysblubaugh

May 4, 2012

OK I found a fix

Warning do this at your own risk
(It should be safe if you follow these directions to a T)

Using es file explorer explore the 08/04 cm10 package.zip navigate to the system/app folder find the phone.apk then select it extract just it to a folder on your sdcard now backout of the zip and navigate to where you extracted the phone.apk copy it mount system as writable got to system/app and paste it will ask to overwrite say yes almost immediately your phone process will crash and continue crashing pull battery or just hold the power button for a few seconds then power on your phone and it should work ;)

zacharysblubaugh

May 4, 2012
this could be the inverted phone app. you are using inverted gapps.

you can either redo it all and install gapps 7/26 OR just delete the inverted phone app in system/app and then replace it from the rom zip and fix its permissions (match the others)

usually you can tell what app is the phone based on its icon.

if you cant figure it's name out ill look it up, my phone is not right next to me... i forget what its name is.

also you can go to titanium back up, and look at phone and see if you can see its real name. (com.google.phone.apk or whatever, that was a wild guess)

messing with system/app files wont brick your phone, only might cause it to not boot normal. you can always 3 button boot into recovery :D

if this is too difficult, i would try just the 7/26 gapps for now. see what happens.

I was typing the fix I found while you typed this lol

But has anyone else had this issue or was I the only one

brc6985

Aug 6, 2012
Columbus, OH
I'm a new member, but have been relying on these forums to pimp out my infuse for several months now. Mad respect goes out to all those who contribute to the community. However, it would seem that there are many who would prefer a free, hot meal over being taught to fish. It really does clutter up threads and create a lot of unnecessary reading for those who actually do research a matter before posting about it.. Thought this might help :p

Attachments

• QA.jpeg
    QA.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 238

blrumph

Apr 5, 2012
Does anyone have problems with installing an emoji root system font to this ROM? I can't seem to use room toolbox to change my font as well.

Thanks

zacharysblubaugh

May 4, 2012
Just hit menu insert emoji while typing in the messaging app

And emojis should come up right in your messaging app without flash font packs

rainbow99984

Mar 27, 2012
Chhapra
problem in sending file from Pc to phone over BT anyone encouterd it ?

Hi just updated with the 08/05 build with butter. (fresh flash ,done every thing required for flashing, have gapps 7/26) I'm able to pair with my pc but when try to send any file it failed . Usually when we send a file it ask permission on phone to accept or reject but here this prompt never shows up in phone (tried reboot repair etc) there's no option in setting for allow always as it was in GB builds.

12oclock

Jul 31, 2012
Jasonville
I'm a new member, but have been relying on these forums to pimp out my infuse for several months now. Mad respect goes out to all those who contribute to the community. However, it would seem that there are many who would prefer a free, hot meal over being taught to fish. It really does clutter up threads and create a lot of unnecessary reading for those who actually do research a matter before posting about it.. Thought this might help :p

:laugh: First read for the morning and that was awesome! I hope you don't mind, but I saved your thumbnail to my work PC as I could probably apply these general steps for a multitude of employees. LOL

blrumph

Apr 5, 2012
Hi just updated with the 08/05 build with butter. (fresh flash ,done every thing required for flashing, have gapps 7/26) I'm able to pair with my pc but when try to send any file it failed . Usually when we send a file it ask permission on phone to accept or reject but here this prompt never shows up in phone (tried reboot repair etc) there's no option in setting for allow always as it was in GB builds.

Just go to superuser and change the settings

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Has anyone been able to install a different font on any of these JB ports??

pqrs

Dec 5, 2010
Eagle Id.
so how is everyones battery life? its sooo bad for me on jb!! my phone stays hot its so bad... i can feel its warmth through my pants on my leg! thats not using it either.. it just stays hot unless i put it in airplane mode, found that out this weekend because i went camping and had no signal but still wanted my phone for a clock, etc..
ive been running this rom since it came available and its been this way through several updates.. ive tried asking questions several times but i never seem to get an answer. when i look at my battery stats, phone is usually 1st or second on the list next to screen. its hammering my battery whatever it is. so what is phone? should i try a different modem? i turn wifi off when im not at home, so its not searching the whole time.. but something is working hard all day and i cant figure it out? working hard enough to make my phone warmer than my hand.
also.. phone uses the most battery, but yet i havent even talked on the phone.. not sure if thats important or not.. but im not using it more than 10 min in a day.
anyone have any ideas? aside from the terrible battery life the rom runs great for me! its been my dd since we could download it..:good:
i should add.. that ive done a full wipe for every install in hopes that i just had a bad one.. no such luck. but how come no one else is having this issue.. it has me stumped!
i am not using the inverted g apps either..

Last edited:

MattSoRaven

Jun 28, 2011
Pqrs, i haven't had anything like this and I've tried almost every released jb build. All i can think of is that it might be a rogue app that has hijacked your phone apk. Have you tried running it with little or no third party apps installed? Then if that helps, you'd know it was an app and ambitious could slowly reintroduce apps in hopes off singling it out.

If that doesn't work, id try a back to stock type super wipe.

I imagine no one has been able to give feedback on your problem because either no one else has this same problem?

anyway, Good luck!

blrumph

Apr 5, 2012
Has someone been able to install any different fonts to this port?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All, This thread has been opened to help avoid some of the clutter and chat from the main CM10 thread found in the development section. Please feel free to post any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the unofficial CM10 ROM.
    FYI.... As im sure most of you all know, I have locked the Unofficial CM10 thread. It isnt because of one person or one event, but something that has been coming for a long time. I have been stressing myself with this build and making sure that everyone was happy and doing pretty much everything i could do, but it didnt seem to be enough. While i appreciate the feedback, it is very disappointing to release cm10.1 when pretty much no other phones have released it (due to the lack of source merged and changes necessary for jellybean 4.2.1) and have nothing but post after post of this doesnt work and this doesnt look right and this is running horrible and blah blah blah even after i made it absolutely clear time after time that there may be issues since there is alot of source changes that are missing. You would think that since i took the time to merge the needed changes and work tirelessly to make changes and get the changes merged into our device/kernel trees to get CM 10.1 built and IMO running nicely, there would be alot of positive feedback and alot of understanding from the community that there may be little issues here and there since not everything was completely merged in on the CM side, but that was not the case as everyone expects perfection right and nothing else. Anyways, with that said, Building CM10 was becoming more of a job instead of something fun that i loved to do. And believe me... I havent had nearly enough donations to be ok with considering this a job... Nor do i expect alot of donations and for those of you who have supported me, I greatly appreciate it. I WILL CONTINUE to build CM10 and posting new builds on my goo page found HERE. I will not however be unlocking the CM10 thread. So... If you like my work and like my builds, keep an eye on my goo page and download when you are notified there is an update. If you like the build, great... if not, flash something else.
    GPS help

OK I've been trying to get my GPS working fast and reliably for a while now (on CM10), and I think I've finally gotten there. What I've done is pulled the gps.conf file from my Nexus 7 and modified it a bit and now I'm running that modified version on my Infuse.

Here is the original version:
    NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    INTERMEDIATE_POSITION=1
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    SUPL_HOST=supl.nokia.com
    SUPL_PORT=7275
    CURRENT_CARRIER=common
    DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
    DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

Here is the original version from the Nexus 7:
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://gllto.glpals.com/2day/latest/lto.dat

And finally here is the modified version that I am currently using:
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://gllto.glpals.com/2day/latest/lto.dat
    INTERMEDIATE_POSITION=1
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    SUPL_HOST=supl.nokia.com
    SUPL_PORT=7275
    CURRENT_CARRIER=common
    DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
    DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

After I placed this version in system/etc I then rebooted. Once the reboot was complete I opened GPS Status (it's free), I calibrated the compass and then went to Manage A-GPS state, reset it and then went back to A-GPS state and downloaded the A-GPS data again.

After that my first lock took about a min and a half but I'm getting up to 8 satellites and accuracy to 30 feet.

Ok that's great right, now you are all saying, "How long does it take for locks after this?" Well I'm getting them between 12 and 20 seconds. I think that is acceptable as well.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, or anyone, but it is working for me. I'll post my modified gps.conf file as well, it's in the attached zip along with two other files that can be disregarded. Just use the gps.conf file only. I hope this will help some of you out there.
    Thanks

I'm one of the probably many quiet lurkers and I think it's about time to make that first post. I'd like to thank you for this rom and all the work you've done with it. A bit too late, but there are quiet people that appreciate what you and all the other devs do.