[Petition] HTC Give us ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MadMax

Oct 27, 2010
Edmonton
Well I have some good news,HTC did phone me today, I missed the call but will be phoning them back when I get home. Higher level now has it and looking into it. Will update when I phone later

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Andoridista

Jun 23, 2012
Sharjah
Man if this thing works out it will be great for us. My Desire HD is just 6 Months old!!!

texas-saluki

Jun 24, 2010
Flower Mound, TX
if we can get the files for both the DHD and Inspire that would be grand.. most of us on this don't want Sense...or if we do can reformat the device and start from scratch...

I have been waiting to put ICS back on as I thought the files were coming and would help get things a bit more stable :eek:

fanuch

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks

Thanks for taking on this noble cause max63094. I'm sure we will all benefit from the outcome.

Regards from Australia

MadMax

Oct 27, 2010
Edmonton
Ok everyone, I just got in touch with the guy at HTC and here is the news.

He said that right now HTC is gathering up information on what has been going on, and then will be talking to me, right now no time frame but it has gotten to them. He talked to one of his friends in Tech at corporate office and he said they are getting way to many emails and calls about this, they said something needs to be done. So he will be trying to keep me in the loop of what is going on, but it is looking good.

So with this, I am going to be working to get this on a big site, because we need to show, we will not stop.
Thanks everyone for showing your support, all together, we might have just made a huge impact

GuyInTheCorner

Feb 18, 2012
London
Sweet, keep us up to date with that, that one would be good

Might even talk to the guys a Lifehacker :) now I just need to find a working PC (on a train atm so its difficult to tap out a long and coherent email)

Sent from my Desire HD with BlackIce.
Thanks don't hurt ya know?! :)

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

One final thing, could all you guys with Twitter and Tumblr try and get #GiveUsICS trending, maybe we can use that to our advantage?

MadMax

Oct 27, 2010
Edmonton
Might even talk to the guys a Lifehacker :) now I just need to find a working PC (on a train atm so its difficult to tap out a long and coherent email)

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

One final thing, could all you guys with Twitter and Tumblr try and get #GiveUsICS trending, maybe we can use that to our advantage?

Great idea about the twitter thing, and you can email all the sites you want. If they will like to ask me some questions, they can send me a email, i will PM you my email, so you have it.

xT4Z1N4TRx

Apr 13, 2011
Wolverhampton
[/COLOR]One final thing, could all you guys with Twitter and Tumblr try and get #GiveUsICS trending, maybe we can use that to our advantage?

I agree the twitter idea is great. I'd recommend to arrange a time and date to do it, as a flood of tweets would capture more attention, and as a result more will tweet it, as a knock-on effect.

Although I have a Desire Z, I'm willing to help, and I have 2,300 followers

But I think #GiveUsICS is too generic, we should use one so htc will know its for desire hd. Maybe #GiveHDICS? Or something similar?
Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

hozikanch

Aug 7, 2012
I agree the twitter idea is great. I'd recommend to arrange a time and date to do it, as a flood of tweets would capture more attention, and as a result more will tweet it, as a knock-on effect.

Although I have a Desire Z, I'm willing to help, and I have 2,300 followers

But I think #GiveUsICS is too generic, we should use one so htc will know its for desire hd. Maybe #GiveHDICS? Or something similar?
Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

i am doing to defiantly follow that tweet.....great idea!!:good:

kaleavi

Jan 17, 2011
Pokhara
Redmi 9 Power
Redmi Note 10
#GiveICStoDHD #GiveICStoDHD #GiveICStoDHD #GiveICStoDHD

& loads tweets, retweets, quotes! Set the date & time people & lets Fire! Fire! Fire!
Lets make it trend for our DHD!

#GiveICStoDHD #GiveICStoDHD #GiveICStoDHD #GiveICStoDHD

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, this is a petition to get HTC to give us Ice Cream Sandwich. As people have seen, HTC released this statement

After extensive testing, we’ve determined that the current version of HTC Sense with Android provides customers with the best experience on the HTC Desire HD. When we consider new versions of software, we weigh a number of factors, but ultimately the customer experience on the product is the deciding factor. We apologize for any confusion this change may have caused our customers.

Now as anyone on XDA we know this is not true. This is really getting alot of us mad, and I thought it is about time we do something as a community. Now, the HTC Desire was suppose to get Gingerbread, but ended up not being able to handle Gingerbread with Sense on top of it, so because of that and the efforts of the community, HTC released an RUU on the HTCDev.com website for a pure Ginerbread update. Now if HTC is not going to bring an update for our phone, they can at lest bring a ICS RUU then. It at lest gives us Devs offical libs and kernel.

Now please people, can you please sign this petition, we need to show HTC that we care about this phone, and we want this update.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/give-us-ics/

Just a note, if someone thinks i should change the way i worded it, send me a PM and we will make it happen

If you like this petition, hit the Newsworthy Thread? Button, also remember to hit the thanks

Also, this is just some of the other phones it will benefit, PM me if you know it will help more

MyTouch 4G
    Desire Z/G2

Update #1
    27 July 2012: Further Explanation about HTC Desire HD Update

We’ve heard your feedback on our decision not to update the HTC
    Desire HD to Android 4.0. We completely understand that this is a
    controversial decision.

For more background, due to how storage on the HTC Desire HD is
    partitioned – and the larger size of Android 4.0 – it would require
    re-partitioning device storage and overwriting user data in order to
    install this update. While technically advanced users might find this
    solution acceptable, the majority of customers would not. We also
    considered ways to reduce the overall size of the software package, but
    this would impact features and functionality that customers are
    currently using. Even after installing the update, there were other
    technical limitations which we felt negatively impacted the user
    experience.

We believe an update should always improve the user experience and
    carefully evaluate each update based on this criteria. While we are very
    aware of the disappointment from this decision, we believe the impact
    to user experience was too great. We recognize this is a change from our
    previous statement and for that we’re truly sorry.

Now Part of this is true, as we did need to system link stuff for a ICS Sense 4 rom that I am developing, but the fact still remains, they can always release a pure version of Android for developers on HTCDev or the version that hey repartitions everything. They said they want to help developers with that site, well they they need to help us. I am going to be trying to contact HTC at the start of the week, and see if the corporate office will pick up, or call me back.

Update #2
    Well I have managed to get in touch with HTC. I was talking to a member of the escalations team and he understood what this petition was all about, and kinda knew a little about rooting and everything, he had his rooted. So after talking to him, he said he would make a few phone calls and talk to some people higher up plus talk to his friend in corporate tech support (idk what he does, but something higher), well I have gotten another call from him saying that the higher up people are gathering information for all the sides, and then will we contacting me soon. He does not know a time frame right now, but we will be talking again soon.
    With all the emails, calls and this, they got the point that they need to do something, and all of this is because of XDA community. We have had it on twitter, other threads and other devs from other phones helping. I can not believe the support. All we need to do now is get this on sites like Engadget, CNet, or other sites like that, that has hundreds of readers everyday
    Ok everyone, just wanted to update everyone, This petition is not dead by any way. I just talked to my contact at HTC that has been helping me with this, and he said right now the people that will be talking to be is talking to R&D, legal and the head office in Twain. They are taking this seriously and the more we get the better. Keep spreading the word, I should hear from the guy in the next day or so, he is hoping he can update me with some info tonight by calling me or emailing me.

Andy will be keeping this thread closed so we have no more problems, but I am going to be making an twitter account for the just the petition to keep you more update.
    Twitter account : @GiveDHDICS
    Ok everyone, I just got in touch with the guy at HTC and here is the news.

He said that right now HTC is gathering up information on what has been going on, and then will be talking to me, right now no time frame but it has gotten to them. He talked to one of his friends in Tech at corporate office and he said they are getting way to many emails and calls about this, they said something needs to be done. So he will be trying to keep me in the loop of what is going on, but it is looking good.

So with this, I am going to be working to get this on a big site, because we need to show, we will not stop.
    Thanks everyone for showing your support, all together, we might have just made a huge impact
    46 more signatures to 2000~
    2000!!!!! signature!!!!

This does not mean we stop here. We keep going. The more the better.

Ok but what will it actually happen now??? I know it's a very good point, but will it change anything??
    How will htc know about this petition??

This is a good question, on Tuesday I will be contacting the corporate office and talking to them, not the support line. I will be seeing where to email this off or mail it if I need to. Trust me, I will not give up on this and I will be doing my best at getting HTC's attention to this matter.

Also I want to say great job getting the word out, 2k is a lot, but this is XDA, we can do more :cool:

If you know it to be a lie, take them to court. You obviously can't lose as you know the truth.
    This thread is getting beyond a joke. The petition is in post one.

Thread Closed.

@max63094 - PM me or get me on GTalk when you have an update and I'll open it for you.