[ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Anyone else getting the "please wait while android is upgrading" message every time they reboot? I'll probably have to do a full wipe/reinstall if it's just me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I got that on a rom once before but I think it was on the Note. It was annoying. Every single time I rebooted it would happen. I remember asking about it but I don't think it happened to anyone else. I notice that when I wipe dalvik and cache and flash something like Google Now it will show that on a reboot so maybe your dalvik and cache are getting wiped every time you boot up.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ECEXCURSION

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Anyone else getting the "please wait while android is upgrading" message every time they reboot? I'll probably have to do a full wipe/reinstall if it's just me.

I started getting it after deleting Rosie.odex to install one of the mods in this forum that require de-odexed ROMs. No amount of cache wipes will clear it, the only thing that worked for me was a system wipe + reflash.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
It doesn't matter. I run speed test and speeds for some reason are never the same

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

So true!

I'm getting a wifi error. Any fixes?

No, screenshot it along with ROM version and Kernel version and any mods you flashed.

So I put my phone to charge last night and got it up to a 100% then I unplugged it and went to sleep. This morning I hear a beep which woke me up that I wasn't used to. I looked at my phone and this is what I found

No clue what happened. But the part that takes a steeper decline I think happened when I have Tasker sync my rss with gReader but the whole time before that has no explanation. First time it's ever happened to me on my phone. And I have always been stock until this past Sunday when I decided to try your ROMs

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

I dont know what specifically is causing that but I would be led to beleive that its something with one of your apps locking on and not liking the new 4.0.4 base? I would try like the other guy said, try a fresh install, wipe all data, DONT use TIB.

Lots of times when I see one off issues its because TIB data is effed up because of the changes in bases. BUt regardless if you used TIB or not, try a fresh wipe and add only essential apps. Monitor for 24 hours... If still bad report back. If good, add more apps, Monitor for 24 hours... etc...

I can assure the ROM is not causing that. IMHO its got to be an unfriendly app.

3G504186MJ603081U

Thanks for all you work Scott. Learnt a lot in my first month with an android phone. Thanks to you.
Thank you much sir!
Coming from 4.2, do I need to do a full wipe?

Edit: Nvm. No issues flashing from 4.2
Nah, You shoudl be able to... Flash from any prior 4.x version to the current version without much hassle... In theory anways... There can be complications when for example, I update an app, like Play Store and you already have the uspate on your phone. I cold see that causing issues but it would be rare.

I'm not an expert here or anything close to it but it seems as though something with your Wi-Fi caused it or it's a major coincidence because as soon it became active your battery started it's decent. I would start there personally.
Its a combination of things from what I see one of them being a run away app.

Hi Scott are you making a new rom based on 2.29 with sense 4.1

2.29 base? Where Need more info... Been catching up on sleep, lol. Is it HOX s4 or Hox Tegra?

I had this issue awhile back in a huge debacle which I apologized for. I had used CWM and not watched the aroma installer, and it just insta-installed. I had to go back to AOKP to get my phone from resetting the sim each time the contacts, messaging, or phone was accessed. I RUU'd back to stock at the time, did the full unlock and installed TWRP. Tried again, and still had issues. The fix at the time was for me to to AOKP from Rohan32, and I no longer had any of the issues with the phone. I want to go back to get my hands on a stock product again for personal reasons as I stated, but it's just not working. I'm going to try King Cobra to see if that has any change, but if not, it's back to CM10, or AOKP 4.0.4 I go! Wish I knew why the htcdialer, and phone were having so many issues.

Edit: Just tried King Cobra. Still get DC'd when attempting to access phone. Restore back to CM10, no issues. I have no clue what is wrong with my device, or what is corrupt when on sense, but fine on stock. It's seriously the weirdest thing. I am open to any and all help of what file system might have an issue between CM/AOKP and Sense relating to the phone/dialer.

If you have RUU'ed then what you are saying is "theoretically" impossible because RUU "should" kill all. I totally wipes all the partions except /data/ and /sdcard/. The RUU Doesn't do that so make sure you do that as well...

Another "possible" althogh not sure how plausible concern would be corrupt SD Card in the .android folder. Back up pics music, whatever, and format that as well.

Also, post what RUU base are you on now? 1.73, 1.85, 1.9x, 2.x?

And I am fairly confident Aroma Installer could not cause the issue. Many use CWM with Aroma and I am sure they will start chiming in. But it is possible that it did cause the issue for you. I am not doubting that but... It would be one of those insanely rare instances.

Let me know...

I wish you the best of luck because it's no fun when you feel like you're the only one with a specific issue. I guess all you can do at this point is to try to recreate it by only changing one thing at a time. For example, sync with gReader without having your Wi-Fi on. That's the way I work through things. Hopefully for you though someone else sees this and chimes in because I'm nothing but a voice of encouragement on this matter.

No, you are giving the exact same advice that I would give. No one will have a magic bullet answer. Troubleshooting a problem like that will take time and perseverance. Especially when no one else is having it. Im confident enough to say its a run away app sucking down the juice.

When all else fails wipe all and re-install.

I think android is upgrading message=zipalign on boot,when out of alignment apk pushed or flashed
Its a good thing.

Actually, its building the Dalvik cache. Like, its taking clases.dex from a de-odex file and setting it up like on first boot. That is why my ROM first boot on fresh install will boot faster than a de-odex ROM, its very similiar.

Zip align is done way before that and is not related to Dalvik. AFIK Anyways...

Been working on some cool stuff for the HOX. Nothing major but more along the lines of OTA Apps... Hopefully will be done by tomorrow night and we can start testing but so far its coming along well. Will make updates and patches easier to get... Auto notification. There are some pre built apps on here that I am testing as well as my own kang from CyanogenMOD. So...

Hang tight!

-Scott

tehdef

Apr 30, 2012
ATX
So true!

If you have RUU'ed then what you are saying is "theoretically" impossible because RUU "should" kill all. I totally wipes all the partions except /data/ and /sdcard/. The RUU Doesn't do that so make sure you do that as well...

Another "possible" althogh not sure how plausible concern would be corrupt SD Card in the .android folder. Back up pics music, whatever, and format that as well.

Also, post what RUU base are you on now? 1.73, 1.85, 1.9x, 2.x?

And I am fairly confident Aroma Installer could not cause the issue. Many use CWM with Aroma and I am sure they will start chiming in. But it is possible that it did cause the issue for you. I am not doubting that but... It would be one of those insanely rare instances.

Let me know...

-Scott

Oh yeah for sure. I'm totally past any issues now, and I'm just trying to find theories. When this issue came up and I couldn't get the phone to boot, and it was also acting like CWM didn't exist on my device anymore. All bootloops. I relocked it, and installed 1.85 or 1.82, I can't remember, but I did a full relock and RUU from HTC. Multiple times, actually, just to make sure it took. I would get into the stock device, setup minimal stuff, and then I would immediately get slammed with the Preparing Sim Message.

AOSP Roms is the only workaround I have for this, and it's potentially going to become an issue in the future when I attempt to sell my phone and the poor person I sell it to can only use AOSP, lol.

I am honestly starting to think I have an exceptional case, because nowhere I have looked have I found something similar that was this grounded into a specific rom. It sounds like a Sense issue to me.

I have also wiped the SDCard as well at one point, as I remember when I first booted up AOSP it didn't have any folders in it. After I reunlocked the phone I installed AOKP to see if it would work. I remember I installed TWRP, flashed aokp, then went to bootloader and did a factory reset on that, and then loaded the device into a cleaned out stock aokp.

Honestly, I'm pretty dumbfounded at this point. Nothing I have found has led me to the point of a working Sense One X.

tumblr_lupracia111qf295q.gif

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
did you wipe cache or something when you rebooted?
Nope, just a normal full reboot.

I got that on a rom once before but I think it was on the Note. It was annoying. Every single time I rebooted it would happen. I remember asking about it but I don't think it happened to anyone else. I notice that when I wipe dalvik and cache and flash something like Google Now it will show that on a reboot so maybe your dalvik and cache are getting wiped every time you boot up.
Hmm... I did only notice this after I flashed Google Now.

I got it after wiping dalvik cache and installing Google Now. Do either of those recently?
Yeah... I flashed Google Now a couple of days ago and that's also when I first noticed it. Well that settles it... it was Google Now. I can do without the ability to ask my phone "How tall is Barack Obama".

I started getting it after deleting Rosie.odex to install one of the mods in this forum that require de-odexed ROMs. No amount of cache wipes will clear it, the only thing that worked for me was a system wipe + reflash.
Yeah, my backup got corrupted (on my PC) so it looks like I'll be doing a system wipe + reflash.

Thanks guys, that was a quick way to get to the bottom of this. Teamwork. :highfive:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Honestly, I'm pretty dumbfounded at this point. Nothing I have found has led me to the point of a working Sense One X.

tumblr_lupracia111qf295q.gif

So basically you are STILL having the issue? You may need to send me your phone. I can take a look at it if you ever need. Im pretty good with these things :good:

Yeah... I flashed Google Now a couple of days ago and that's also when I first noticed it. Well that settles it... it was Google Now. I can do without the ability to ask my phone "How tall is Barack Obama".
My first Question on S-Voice was how Old is Obama, lol Ho wfunny

IF you get the message on every boot you can use an APP that I use called "Odex Me" by Paul Orbien. Its what I use when I update apps for the ROM.

I linked to in the Odex discussion thread. If you cant find it let me know.

He he. All good. Don't know unless you ask. :)

Beamed from my TN Special Edition powered HOXL on Rogers.

Word!

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
Yep, when you reset you loose everything on the Storage. So back up your pics, music, etc... Whatever it is you have stored that you dont want to loose.
I would like to erase everything on my phone storage and start fresh (I have everything backed up). What should I do?

My thinking is I'm going to erase/format the SD card (how?), then plug the phone into my pc, transfer over the CleanROM 4.5 zip, and then reinstall CleanROM. Any flaws in this logic?

Edit, using "erase phone storage" seemed to do what I wanted. Disregard this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][12/13/13] - CleanROM 7.0R2 -★| Android 4.2.2! | Sense 5! | Clean! | Stable! |★-

CR-7-HOX.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM look and feel, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest T Mobile 5.08.111.2 OTA which is Android 4.2.2 infused with AT&T settings!
    • This ROM has no themes and is true to stock in looks!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is the longest running ROM series for the HTC One X!

features.png

• Android 4.2.2
    • Sense 5
    • Very Light Build
    • AOSP Recent's
    • Option For Minor Tiles
    • All Apps up to date
    • Busybox!
    • ADB as root!
    • System partition writable!

changes.png

Version 7.0R2- 12/13/2013
    • Re-compressed and update all files
    • Removed Auto and Stocks

installation.png

• Must have TWRP Recovery installed with unlocked bootloader! CWM Recovery not supported!
    • Highly recommend latest Jellybean firmware and S-Off!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

• All Users, Testers and Donaters! Thanks for your support!
    • All the Admins at www.scottsroms.com!
    • Turge for the base ROM to work with! Please check out that thread and hit that Thanks button too! I cant make this ROM with out his base! Firmware is also there so you have to go to that thread ;)

Donations are gladly accepted! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    [/CENTER]
    Minor Tiles Attached!
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    Now lets get back to ROM talk!

And thanks to Kennethpenn, Red5 and The_Scotsman! You guys rock and I dont ency your jobs.

And thanks to all the users who convinced me to stay! I do this for you!
    Guys, I dont normally ask this in a thread....

But lets try to get me to 8K thanks today. Would mean a lot me!

And we only need about 18 more 5 star thread votes if you think the work produced is worth it!

Thanks!