[root] 4.1.b.0.587

Search This thread

^eLipS#

Jan 28, 2012
Novi Sad
WiFi is not slow for me.
And what tutorial you need? Rooting is done the same as on 4.1.B.0.431!

I never used that tutorial, that's the reason why I asked... I'm not going to update. I tried bunch of ICS based ROMs (and stock one) and all the kernels, but WiFi is simply not working! I don't know why. I returned to GB .42 and WiFi is simply flying :D

wquanth

Mar 17, 2011
I am a noob.
can u pls tell me step by step rooting procedure? actually i updated my arc lt15i from pc companion and now my phone is 4.1.b.0.587 and unroot.
so plssss help me to root my device with 4.1.b.0.587......thanx in advance

You can find out it from here

@drali500: My device is Lt15i with a locked bootloader.

tajimura

Dec 25, 2009
Tashkent
Guys, is there any .ftf for .587 firmware yet? Can't find it anywhere.

Couple o'questions:
1. How's the speed and smoothness compared to CM9?
2. What's the kernel version for .587, is it 3.x or still 2.6.x?

Sent from nowhere

bindi

Aug 5, 2010
I had my phone (locked BL) rooted with official ICS .431 fw. After updating to .587, I did root with usual way i.e. kernel downgrade, root, kernal .431 upgrade. All OK. When connected to laptop, PC suggested .587 to be upgraded. I did then searched the forum again and found that if I? upgrade to .587 kernel, that should avoid PC to identify an upgrade which is already there. When I upgraded kernel to .587 I keen getting "Keyboard error, Android process errors...continuously.

Anything I am doing wrong? By the way I am ok Stock ROM with just root...

Thanks for the help in advance.

spidermoon

Dec 11, 2007
Paris
I had my phone (locked BL) rooted with official ICS .431 fw. After updating to .587, I did root with usual way i.e. kernel downgrade, root, kernal .431 upgrade. All OK. When connected to laptop, PC suggested .587 to be upgraded. I did then searched the forum again and found that if I? upgrade to .587 kernel, that should avoid PC to identify an upgrade which is already there. When I upgraded kernel to .587 I keen getting "Keyboard error, Android process errors...continuously.

Anything I am doing wrong? By the way I am ok Stock ROM with just root...

Thanks for the help in advance.

Try this, go to application, all, choose Xperia Keyboard, clear data.

bindi

Aug 5, 2010
Try this, go to application, all, choose Xperia Keyboard, clear data.

Will do just that. Would that resolve android process error as well? One other thing I noted was that on .587 kernel, Signal bars would just grey out and come back in seconds...noticed that 5-10 times in 15 min period. Then I reverted back to .431 kernel.

Anyway I should try what you said. Just wondering if any one else noticed any of the issues I faced.

bindi

Aug 5, 2010
Tried again...and it worked this time....No errors so far and PC also found phone already upgraded.

thanks for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "1 flash 4.0.3 ftf kernel
    2 run doomload bat file for root
    3 download busy-box installer and update busy-box 1.20.2
    4 find xparts for recovery
    5 then flash the ftf kernel from .587 and your done"

In steps 1 & 5 .. Should we check/uncheck "wipe user data" and "wipe cache" in flashtool?!

Thanks in advance.

Definitely uncheck these, else you lose all your current data.
    If I've got a device,X arc which had never been rooted nor has had the bootloader unlocked.Bought it with android version
    2.3.4/4.0.1.A.0.283 then upgraded to version 4.0.4/4.1.B.0.431 at SE Service Centre and yesterday received an upgrade OTA to 4.0.4/4.1.B.0.587 and now I have decided to root my phone.What is the correct course of action I need to take?
    I had recently read that on a .431 you need not unlock the bootloader is it also the same with .587?Please advice,anyone.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

Exactly.
    Install only the kernel from 4.1.A.0.562 firmware, then use the rooting method for 4.0.3 version ICS, and install back the newest kernel(4.1.B.0.587).
    Thanks guy,i will try it soon!:good:

Enviado desde una nave espacial también conocido como Xperia Arc S...

Well, I installed .587 a few minuts ago and WIFI DOESNT WORK FINE. :(

HELLO GB! :cool:
    Sorry my English.

I have rooted 4.1.B.0.587. I just flash kernel back to 4.0.3 and root, after that i flash kernel 4.0.4 on 4.1.b.0.587.
    If that update is available OTA, make OTA update, root should stay there.