[THEME] Official Team Venom ViperX theme thread

Search This thread

bigsnack

Feb 5, 2011
You can check this either by tracking / searching this thread or you do the following: Go to the Venom Hub uninstall the icon pack and install it again ;) If it was updated you should notice new icons,...

or do you talk about other icons like carrier logos, etc ?

Looks like no new icon. :/

wanzer

Sep 26, 2008
Rome
White dialer works at half on 2.0.1 . It changed PIN insert and Answer screen, but not dialer itself. Is there any way to install it fully or remove it totally? Ty in advance

Navicomz

Nov 7, 2010
Yep, there was some change in the code for the notification pulldown, which is why the sliders are green. Has been mentioned here and in the ROM thread.

Good news is it is fixed in the latest version of the theme, which I have just posted in the download section (post 5) - thanks to those who tested it out for me to confirm its working properly this time!!

Thanks to jan, this also includes the fix for roaming icons - but only in the Venom red statusbar theme.

Hm, this is really strange. It's still not working for me.
Downloaded the new version three time to make absolutely sure. The instance I install this, my statusbar and also my wallpaper disappear. When I try to access the statusbar through Venom Tweaks, the app just crashes.
Am I missing something?

The only mods I'm using are the Sound Enhancer and the HQ-Camera.

Same problem here... statusbar missing and wallpaper on lock screen missing, also when i try to acces tweaks it crashes.

I just uploaded a fix for the problem with the status bar disappears.

momentary fix: Just apply new graphics to "systemui.apk" the OTA 2.0.1

message for "fisha21" I do not touch any line of XML files, just change the graphics.

Link: dl.dropbox.com/u/11012470/RedVenom_v2Fix.zip

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Not sure why people are having those problems. Tested the fixed version on my phone for 2 days before reposting...weather lockscreen worked fine, statusbar didn't crash and am able to open Venom tweaks and change statusbar icons just fine. Had a couple of testers check it as well.

Will try and look into this but am working this weekend so my time is limited. In the meantime, either reflash the 2.0.1 ota, or use the fix that Navicomz kindly posted above. Just to check is it working properly for anyone or is it somehow only compatible with my phone and no-one else's??!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Entreri

Sep 26, 2008
No rush, take your time, fisha!
Here's a logcat of the crash I'm experiencing with Venom Tweaks. Don't think it will be much help though, as the NullPointerException probably just occurs because well, there is no Statusbar ;). Also took a look at my logcat right after boot to see if I can find anything in there that can help. Didn't find anything, though.

Code:
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]E/EmbeddedLogger(  604): App crashed! Process: com.m0narx.tweaks
E/EmbeddedLogger(  604): App crashed! Package: com.m0narx.tweaks v4 (4)
E/EmbeddedLogger(  604): Application Label: Venom Tweaks
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.m0narx.tweaks/com.m0narx.tweaks.systemuiTheme}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at com.m0narx.tweaks.systemuiTheme.checkIcon(systemuiTheme.java:236)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at com.m0narx.tweaks.systemuiTheme.checkAllIcons(systemuiTheme.java:134)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at com.m0narx.tweaks.systemuiTheme.onCreate(systemuiTheme.java:129)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4973): 	... 12 more
W/ActivityManager(  604):   Force finishing activity com.m0narx.tweaks/.systemuiTheme
W/ActivityManager(  604):   Force finishing activity com.m0narx.tweaks/.main[/SIZE][/SIZE]

bozzienl

Feb 9, 2010
No rush indeed, it's weekend for a reason...
Installed the fix, statusbar works now and venom tweaks/hub does not crash anymore. Thank you!

Reactions: fisha21

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
I have a request please:

Is it possible for someone to make a percentage battery icon using the battery icon files which are used on the Sensation % battery icon? The text on them is a bit nicer + cleaner imho.

Was thinking of doing it myself, but not quite sure where to start currently :p

Edit: I have the battery files by the way (cannot remember who made them sadly, was from the original Sensation % battery mods) Shout if you want/need them for the mod ;)

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
No rush, take your time, fisha!
Here's a logcat of the crash I'm experiencing with Venom Tweaks. Don't think it will be much help though, as the NullPointerException probably just occurs because well, there is no Statusbar ;). Also took a look at my logcat right after boot to see if I can find anything in there that can help. Didn't find anything, though.

Thanks. Looks like it's the tweaks app not the status bar causing the problem.Will look into that.

No rush indeed, it's weekend for a reason...
Installed the fix, statusbar works now and venom tweaks/hub does not crash anymore. Thank you!

Yep, it's the weekend,beautiful weather...and I'm stuck at work!

Glad the fix is working, thanks to Navicomz. Could you check one thing for me though ...using the fix, when you open the status bar, how is the active tab highlighted?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

grinder19

Oct 6, 2010
Wolverhampton
www.magiorom.com
For all those with issue with the statusbar going missing after installing red theme. Follow this procedure:

1) flash the Redvenom v2 zip
2) Reboot phone then go back into recovery
3) flash viperx 2.0.1 OTA update zip
4) Reboot and enjoy

You have to do it in that order so you get everything working again. I did this and it worked perfectly

sent from a powerhouse :) HTC one X quad core nvidia beast :)

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

For all those with issue with the statusbar going missing after installing red theme. Follow this procedure:

4) Reboot and enjoy

You have to do it in that order so you get everything working again. I did this and it worked perfectly

My fix will make everything work again

I just uploaded a fix for the problem with the status bar disappears.

momentary fix: Just apply new graphics to "systemui.apk" the OTA 2.0.1

message for "fisha21" I do not touch any line of XML files, just change the graphics.

Link: dl.dropbox.com/u/11012470/RedVenom_v2Fix.zip

the new Redvenomv2 not work for me

Hm, this is really strange. It's still not working for me.
Downloaded the new version three time to make absolutely sure. The instance I install this, my statusbar and also my wallpaper disappear. When I try to access the statusbar through Venom Tweaks, the app just crashes.
Am I missing something?

The only mods I'm using are the Sound Enhancer and the HQ-Camera.

Same problem here... statusbar missing and wallpaper on lock screen missing, also when i try to acces tweaks it crashes.

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
Actually, I managed to my own own HD battery apk :D Very proud of myself :p Longest time was renaming all the files!

Now: the graphics are NOT mine, but when I find out who made them, I will give credit. I did get permission before to use them with Sensation battery mods though.

APK is attached, enjoy ;)

Attachments

• battery_signed.apk
    512.4 KB · Views: 374

dragonesdenano

Jan 25, 2011
Lanus, Buenos Aires
SG3 icon pack. Later status bar or eqs.

bec24a8e-bf42-e162.jpg

http://db.tt/q7An0wAX

Enviado desde mi HTC One X

Reactions: deepsky303

Entreri

Sep 26, 2008

4) Reboot and enjoy

I reckon this is working because you're actually overwriting parts of the new theme with parts of the old theme, so you have a mix of both :cyclops:

grinder19

Oct 6, 2010
Wolverhampton
www.magiorom.com
I reckon this is working because you're actually overwriting parts of the new theme with parts of the old theme, so you have a mix of both :cyclops:

I believe so. I think because the new theme replaces the old completely, the venom tweaks is not able to recognize it so hence the errors and lost statusbar so by combining the new with the old it repairs the broken parts

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
It's not a question of Tweaks not recognising the new theme, since it is based on the same framework files. V2 of the theme uses a newer SystemUI than the 2.0.1 OTA does, but that's the only change. Flashing the OTA does fix it, but it does so by overwriting the whole SysUI, so it overwrites some of the changes I made to the statusbar. Think I'll just rebase it on the 2.0.1 SysUI for now, although it'll lose the bug fixes from the latest version. Kinda difficult to fix a bug when I can't seem to reproduce it on my phone!

Baltasar0303

Jan 11, 2011
Brandenburg
Venom Hub

Hey Guys,

i cannot download Basil3 Fusion HD form Venom Hub. :confused:
I get the Error: Unfortunately, Venom HUB has stopped. The other downloads work.

Regards Baltasar0303

Attachments

• 2012-08-19_08-36-22.jpg
    2012-08-19_08-36-22.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 484

Top Liked Posts