[DEV][THE S-OFF CAMPAIGN] We need electrical engineers & experts in JTAG, OpenOCD!

Search This thread

mstfkaratas

Oct 13, 2011
Istanbul
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy A70
I think l know why it reverts to original hboot after scanning for diag files. It first loads hboot and checks if sdcard is there. if sdcard is there checks diag files and loads hboot again with flashing mode, else it just sits on hboot doesn't load again. this is why it locks up when there is no sdcard.
This is my theory about hboot.

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

joelgsmst

Aug 22, 2012
Two methods are better than one :D
I'd say we keep one of them as a backup,preferably the one that is 'Noob Friendly' so that we dont get "My phone's bricked!!! &%!@ You" from Non-readers

I've been following this thread for about a week or so now, and I've been reading through what you guys have been writing, even though I only understand about 10% of it myself. I know I'm not exactly contributing to this thread with this, but with two methods under your belt now, how long will it be until a guide to S-OFF is released? Perhaps a week or 2?

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
I've been following this thread for about a week or so now, and I've been reading through what you guys have been writing, even though I only understand about 10% of it myself. I know I'm not exactly contributing to this thread with this, but with two methods under your belt now, how long will it be until a guide to S-OFF is released? Perhaps a week or 2?

Thumb rule of Android development.....
Do not ask for ETAs

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Without testers it will not! :) First you need to test if RUU (with diferent partition layout) is instalable to phone (that have another partition layout), than we can test exploit! Another thing. How you expect that s-off will be finished when no one want to test an simple ruu thing? Do not forget, wfs phone have two versions, one version is diferent than another version, there diference is only in two diferent nand partition layout... did you ever tried to install that diferent ruu that have diferent partition layout than your curent rom installed... etc? I just waiting that info first!

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
then unfortunately I can not help you and test it. 1.03.0001 is a cdma variant hboot.
gsm only has 1.03.0000

Ok, found here unbranded rom http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19094201&postcount=45 that contain hboot 1.03.0000 so I must to patch that hboot :( but ok I will do it for you if you are ready to test! First try to install that rom and let me know if you have success! If you have allready an rom that you tested allready (contain hboot 1.03.0000 than you no need to install http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19094201&postcount=45) please let me know

Last edited:

artturnip

Jan 28, 2012
C'mon... if this works I'll have a go...

@munjeni could this brick my phone??? My mum would kill me... :eek:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app

artturnip

Jan 28, 2012
Haha... so funny... I would if it wasn't main phone...

But haven't I risked a bit with custom roms etc... or are HTC just being over cautious (when you unlock bootloader)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app

theq86

Jan 6, 2009
Nuremberg
Nothing Phone 2
Unlocking the bootloader the htc way has a low risk of bricking the phone. also installing custom roms. you can always restore everything you changed if you just have unlocked bootloader. well, basically

S-OFF is the real risky thing. because then you can also change things that you are not supposed to by htc.

Reactions: pat da punk

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
RUU_Marvel_HTC_Europe_1.66.401.1_Radio_47.10g.35.3032H_7.49.36.01M_release_209754_signed

attached new misc according to above RUU
Well, I patched misc.img just for test (without risk for brick) but before I continue to prepare hboot, first I want to be sure if misc exploit working! What you need to test now? You need to install this patched misc.img! Best way to do that is:
- reboot to recovery
- adb push misc.img /
- adb shell erase_image misc
- adb shell flash_image misc /misc.img
Than (this step is very needed, just you need to dump misc again and you need to be sure if patched misc is installed to nand!!!). If is installed sucesfully than:
- adb shell reboot bootloader
- fastboot getvar mainver

If your screen going black after command "fastboot getvar mainver" that we are ready for misc exploit! :) Please let me know! Password for archive I will send you by pm!

Attachments

• misc.rar
    628 bytes · Views: 12
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts