ICS CWM for Locked bootloader Xperia P devices

Search This thread

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
I tried it, I managed to root my P with locked bootloader, but I couldn't install CWM with any method working with Xperia S. Could you write a short guide to install CWM on a P having locked bootloader?

Try this. Copy the files to the correct folder with root explorer and add 755 permissions for them, so:

attachment.php

Attachments

• cwm.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 324

s4tch

Feb 28, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 3
Google Pixel 2
^Thanks, I tried it. I think it's the same thing that RecoverX is supposed to do; I tried that method, too, and all the files in your zip had already existed. I overwrote the existing files anyway, changed all permissions the way you suggested, but I cannot enter CWM in either ways:
- touching the screen several times on boot
- pressing and holding either volume down or up keys on boot
- pressing either of volume keys several times during boot
- choosing "reboot into recovery" options in Notification Toggle menu
Maybe it's me, but no luck here. :(

tadhara

Jan 21, 2011
Budapest
I have a boot loader locked xperia p i want to root it without unlocking boot loader(as it voids the warranty) also my device is sim unlocked....so i want to know that will i be able to root my device with this method???and after rooting will i be able to install CMW in my device????if yes then can someone guide through the process of installing CMW?????

You can root it fine with this guide, you do not need an unlocked bootloader. If you would have read the thread (which is only 3 pages long,) there is no known way, yet, to install CWM (as the title sais, and not CMW) to our Xperia P device. CWM is the shorter version of ClockWorkMod.
Sorry for my disturbing "voice" but I'm getting kinda tired to point everyone to a thread, because they cannot (or will not) read and use the search feature on forums.

Edit: There is no way to make CWM fully work for everyone with locked bootloaders.

Last edited:

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
I can go to the recovery but I cannot mount system hence cannot install from zip

Ok, thanx. It's good that you can boot to the recovery. What do you see in CWM when you try to flash anything?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

You can root it fine with this guide, you do not need an unlocked bootloader. If you would have read the thread (which is only 3 pages long,) there is no known way, yet, to install CWM (as the title sais, and not CMW) to our Xperia P device. CWM is the shorter version of ClockWorkMod.
Sorry for my disturbing "voice" but I'm getting kinda tired to point everyone to a thread, because they cannot (or will not) read and use the search feature on forums.

Edit: There is no way to make CWM fully work for everyone with locked bootloaders.

Még! :)
No way to USING fully working recovery with locked bootloader now. But possible to make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tadhara

seky0405

Apr 16, 2011
Just to confirm that we can successfully boot to recovery with files provided by atis112 (sj8023ld CWM) but we can't mount system :( so we impatiently wait for solution. Can we do anything to help developers?!

seky0405

Apr 16, 2011
How do you enter recovery? I tried some methods (see my post #23), any of them worked.

I install X-Parts and select "Reboot to recovery". When it starts to boot (at the same begining) I keep presing volume down button until phone vibrate once and blue led light. Phone enters to recovery after that :)

SharpnShiny

May 14, 2012
Can we install custom roms with locked bootloaders?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Usually, I think no. I thought that's a great deal about unlocking the bootloader was about. BUT, these days, as you can see in this thread alone, people find ways around everything. A locked bootloader disables fastboot, which I think is usually needed for that.

xRegrets

Oct 27, 2011
Singapore
Usually, I think no. I thought that's a great deal about unlocking the bootloader was about. BUT, these days, as you can see in this thread alone, people find ways around everything. A locked bootloader disables fastboot, which I think is usually needed for that.

There could be a custom rom based on Sony's stock firmware. That could be flashed without flashing a new kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, how did you root your phone with LB please ?
    Thx.

Just fallow instructions in this post:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29752123&postcount=530

and read my notes in post 568: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30402401&postcount=568

:)
    I have a boot loader locked xperia p i want to root it without unlocking boot loader(as it voids the warranty) also my device is sim unlocked....so i want to know that will i be able to root my device with this method???and after rooting will i be able to install CMW in my device????if yes then can someone guide through the process of installing CMW?????

Hello :)

I successfully rooted my Xperia P with locked bootloader while upgrading to ICS...

I will be very grateful if someone know how can we install CWM on our devices with locked bootloader?

I tried X-parts and RecoverX but without success :(

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards
    how can you do a full wipe in CWM if you don't have root access?

im also having trouble with this procedure, are there anything i need to have or do before following those steps?

Do i locate the bat 1 file in command prompt as im having no success
    my p is new so i don't nothing to it besides update the firmware but its still on GB
    any help would be greatful

you can do a full wipe :

call *#*#7378423#*#*
    Customisation Setting → reset customisation

or

fastboot.exe -w

or

use pc companion to repair device (this will also lead to full reset of the device)
    I can go to the recovery but I cannot mount system hence cannot install from zip

Ok, thanx. It's good that you can boot to the recovery. What do you see in CWM when you try to flash anything?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Még! :)
    No way to USING fully working recovery with locked bootloader now. But possible to make it.