Motoactv

Search This thread

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
*stock

I'll check it out when I get back to work. Camping with the fiance this week. :)

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

unreal139

Aug 23, 2012
Motoactv easy modder package installer

hi,

wondering if anyone can help. i've rooted my motoactv 8gb and have flashed DProm beta 8.1 on it, all is well. however i cannot install any custom apk's on it.

using easy modder v1.2 but keep getting the following error (script from easy modder)

Found the following APKs
HCL_Launcher_v1.8.0.0.apk
PackageInstaller.apk
z3110.apk
APK File Name: PackageInstaller.apk
Waiting for device
701 KB/s (56008 bytes in 0.078s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/PackageInstaller.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_INSTALL_LOCATION]
Press any key to continue...

Your help would be appreciated.

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
PackageInstaller is a system app, you cannot install it through adb install. Use adb push instead ...

adb remount
adb push PackageInstaller.apk /system/app
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/PackageInstaller.apk

perpetual98

Apr 20, 2011
Once this guy is rooted and/or rommed, how functional is it in relation to stock?

I use RunKeeper a lot and from all of my Googling, it seems like you can use the MOTOACTV and export/import into RK, but it seems a bit hokey. I can continue to use my phone and it's inherent GPS issues (which aren't terrible) or I could pick up a new MOTOACTV since I'm a geek.

Would I be unsatisfied by a stock MOTOACTV and regret the decision? Would rooting/romming it be the answer? Should I stick with my Evo? LOL

bigaude

Apr 25, 2011
Sound fix after reboot

Anyone have any luck getting this to survive a reboot? I do not leave it on and have to perform this every time i want more volume. let me know. Thanks

Finally found a solution for the low audio volume "problem"!

Attached you'll find a program "amixer", download to a folder in your computer, and with a command line navigate to that folder, then issue these commands:

Code:
adb remount
adb push amixer /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/amixer

now, if you're using the headphones at this moment, lower the volume to the middle of the scale, I'm not responsible if you break your eardrums or your headphones.
Code:
adb shell amixer sset 'Headphone Analog' 75 75
adb shell amixer sset 'Headphone LineOut Digital' 228

I will put this in a file that survives reboots after some reporting from you.

Enjoy!

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
Anyone have any luck getting this to survive a reboot? I do not leave it on and have to perform this every time i want more volume. let me know. Thanks

download and extract the attached file and push it to /system/bin/

Code:
adb remount
adb push loadpreinstalls.sh /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/loadpreinstalls.sh
adb reboot

Check the volume level before turning on the music if you're using headphones! I think if resets the volume everytime you plug/unplug the jack! I'm not responsible if your ears explode.

I'll try to find a safer default setting and make this permanent in the next version of DPRom.

Attachments

• loadpreinstalls.sh.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

dragon-tmd

Jan 16, 2005
BRD
Here is Stock-Launcher from an I'm Watch SmartWatch, based on Adnroid 1.6.
Maybe somebody could port it over to our Motoactv.

Attachments

• clockLauncher.apk
    477.4 KB · Views: 37

dunkaholic54

Aug 28, 2012
Motoactv Golf App

Can you install the golf app from the motoactv on a normal motorola android phone, is there an .apk for the app?

It would be nice to test out the features before spending 200 dollars

Thanks,

FreeFly

Feb 22, 2007
I was just wondering how the process is going on.
The MotoACTV portal has been continously annoying me over the last couple of weeks (no elevation data, map is not displaying, unable to process failure). At the moment, I would donate (or kill) for such a tool. ;)
I have good news for stoudamire and anyone else who's been frustrated with the MotoACTV website, but loves the device. I've successfully created a Runkeeper WebApplication which will automatically import workouts from MotoACTV to Runkeeper.

The App is pretty basic at this point, but it gives you a list of your Runkeeper Activities and a list of MotoACTV workouts. Next to each MotoACTV workout is a button that allows you to post it to Runkeeper.

The whole process consists of going to the site, clicking a "connect to Runkeeper" button (allows access via Open Auth2.0 without supplying any credentials to my site). That enables the App in Runkeeper. Unfortunately you must provide MotoACTV login credentials, but they are only stored in an encrypted cookie in your browser.

But it makes pushing workouts to Runkeeper a total snap.

As a bonus, if you become Runkeeper Elite by clicking on the button on my site I will set up my server so it will run a background process to monitor MotoACTV and automatically post any new workouts to Runkeeper.

That's right, without rooting, without doing anything special, within a few minutes of your workout appearing on MotoACTV.com it will also get posted to Runkeeper!

I have a little Apache configuration and firewall testing to finish before I can open up the site to the public, but it will probably be available tomorrow.

griffic2000

Sep 3, 2012
Sounds Fantastic!

Looking forward to trying your WebApp it sounds just what me and thousands of other Motoactv users have been waiting for. Especially Mac users such as myself.
I don't suppose you have considered a similar app for Strava importing?

Thanks, Col.

FreeFly

Feb 22, 2007
MotoACTV connect to Runkeeper

Looking forward to trying your WebApp it sounds just what me and thousands of other Motoactv users have been waiting for. Especially Mac users such as myself.
I don't suppose you have considered a similar app for Strava importing?

Thanks, Col.

I have published the site: http://redsneaker.us

Or you can find it through Runkeeper Apps:
http://runkeeper.com/apps/activity-tracking/red-sneaker-workout-pusher/87101
(click on the Red Sneaker Software link)

More details in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31102043

I hadn't heard of Strava, would definitely consider it. I have been planning on building a similar connector for Nike and possibly Garmin, though porting from Garmin devices isn't as much of a pain. Also I may connect to Endomoto or other front end sites (like Strava) if I get enough response.

:victory:

Last edited:
Reactions: king conan

2mas36

Feb 1, 2011
I have published the site: http://leeloo.doesntexist.com

Or you can find it through Runkeeper Apps:
http://runkeeper.com/apps/activity-tracking/red-sneaker-workout-pusher/87101
(click on the Red Sneaker Software link)

More details in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31102043

I hadn't heard of Strava, would definitely consider it. I have been planning on building a similar connector for Nike and possibly Garmin, though porting from Garmin devices isn't as much of a pain. Also I may connect to Endomoto or other front end sites (like Strava) if I get enough response.

:victory:

I would love to sent my data to Endomondo, witch is my favorite.:good:

Gadgety

May 13, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Motorola's tech staff told me the Motoactv could never have a vibration alert because of limitations in the hardware platform. In TI spec for the TWL4030 vibration drivers were not specified. I found 285 lines of code to program the TWL4030 to control a vibration engine here: http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/input/misc/twl4030-vibra.c

It will still require hardware in terms of a vibrator, that may, or may not fit inside the motoACTV case. For some serious hardware hacking it might be possible to put in a modified wristband.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.