[ROM] Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Stock P5113 Jelly Bean (OTA Leak)

Search This thread

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
- Update - Official P5113 Jelly Bean available http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1704668

Leave the OTA Leak and flash this one, please (much easier too)!!!

After Jellybean OTA leak update for the P3100 the 10.1 version could not stay behind. This OTA update is not yet available to anyone, but the people of SamMobile managed to find a way to get it.

This update requires a base firmware on which it can be flashed upon and have to flash through the stock Samsung Recovery.
You need to be on P5113UEBLH3.

Because the P5110 and P5113 devices are pretty much alike you with your P5110 can flash this as well. Certainly I did!

-update- Thanks to coolypf you can now upgrade your P5110 device with a P5110 build. Go to his thread for further instructions.

-update- SamMobile released Official Jelly Bean for P5110. You will find this here.

Make sure you perform a backup of your data before installing!

How to Root instructions in the second post.

Flash instructions:

1. Make a backup of your data
2. Download the P5113XARCLH OTA Update (Download it from HERE)
3. Copy the OTA update to your External SD Card
4. Download the P5113UEBLH3 base firmware required by the OTA Update (Download it from HERE)
5. Unzip the base firmware file
6. Open Odin (Download it from HERE)
7. Restart the device into download mode (Power and Volume UP/RIGHT)
8. Add the P5113UEBLH3_HOME.tar.md5 file to PDA in Odin
9. Connect your device with your computer and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin (Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked)
10. Press start and let Odin install the files until the box turn green and your tablet reboot.
11. Restart the device into Recovery Mode (Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT)
12. Select Apply update from External Storage
13. Browse to the OTA update and flash it
14. After the flash perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset!!
15. Reboot your device and you will have Jelly Bean!

2ikvecp.jpg

11j9hu0.jpg

2a7fx5l.jpg

Quadrant with ICS 4.0.4

jt1mhx.png

Quadrant with Jelly Bean 4.1.1

m3ouq.png

Last edited:

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
Howto Root

What you need:

- Odin

- GT-P5110_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2

- CWM-SuperSU-v0.96

0. Move the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96 file to your tablet external SD (extSdCard)
1. Restart the device into download mode (Power and Volume UP/RIGHT)
2. Open Odin
3. Add the GT-p5110_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2.tar file to PDA in Odin
4. Untick Auto Reboot
5. Connect your device with your computer and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin (Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked)
6. Press start and let Odin install the files until the box turn green
7. Disconnect and boot immediately into recovery mode (Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT)
8. Select Apply update from External Storage
9. Browse to the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96 file and flash it
10. When you select reboot system, you will prompted a question if you want to fix overwriting CWM with the stock recovery, select YES.

If all goes well your ROM is rooted!

Last edited:

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
So a very first impression.

It feels snappier, but a little buggy too. Not very annoying though.
The boot animation and sound are not simultaneously. (Removed the bootsound system/media/audio/ui/PowerOff.ogg and PowerOn.ogg)
Still in the build (and in the boot options) is the phone process that instantly forecloses. You cannot turn this off in the boot options despite the option is really there.(Deleted CSC.apk)
I guess that I have to remove the apk once I get root access.

Maybe I'll have something to add later on..

Nice animations

Last edited:

noez92

Sep 24, 2008
Indonesia
excuse me , i wanna to ask if i upgrade to this leak , will my device locked into globe philipines ?
because i have indonesian-XSE version ..
and then , there is english langguage ? because in your screenshot it looks like not english , i don't understand that language

then the tutorial in the first post is for NON ROOT right ? because i don't want to root my device
hope for your response :)
thanks

Last edited:

demonstone

Mar 11, 2011
Elche
I'm not able to update! I'm on a P5110 with a clean installation of the LH3 stock rom from P5113. But when I try to flash the ota update from the external sd it always give me an error 7 or something like that...

Enviado desde mi Galaxy SIII

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
So a very first impression.

It feels snappier, but a little buggy too. Not very annoying though.
The boot animation and sound are not simultaneously.
Still in the build (and in the boot options) is the phone process that instantly forecloses. You cannot turn this off in the boot options despite the option is really there.
I guess that I have to remove the apk once I get root access.
Now you can charge your device through USB.

Maybe I'll have something to add later on..

Nice animations
To gain root access you need to perform the 4.0.4 workaround
so i have no reason to leave CM10 for this. But it's nice to know that Samsung is working on a Jellybean rom for the 10.1 version of the tab 2

Apsterdam

Aug 28, 2010
Amsterdam
I'm not able to update! I'm on a P5110 with a clean installation of the LH3 stock rom from P5113. But when I try to flash the ota update from the external sd it always give me an error 7 or something like that...

Enviado desde mi Galaxy SIII

I think youve missed a step i have the p5110 and installed lh3 stock with odin didnt let it boot went to recovery wiped everything and installed the oto update works like a charm lovin it all ready XD grtz apster

Edit did a wipe factory reset after

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Alvin Lai

Jul 24, 2010
Puchong
Don't worry. Philippines is same region as Indonesia. Once u go inside stock recovery, it will applied Indonesia csc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
excuse me , i wanna to ask if i upgrade to this leak , will my device locked into globe philipines ?
because i have indonesian-XSE version ..
and then , there is english langguage ? because in your screenshot it looks like not english , i don't understand that language

then the tutorial in the first post is for NON ROOT right ? because i don't want to root my device
hope for your response :)
thanks
1. The ROM contains Multi CSC
2. You can apply your language in the ROM (mine is Dutch)
3. This is a NON ROOT guide.
4. Here you are.

Apsterdam

Aug 28, 2010
Amsterdam
As explained in op. and for root ive used the method of dwl99 few posts back. ive got root and almost no lag. the only anoying thing ive got
Is fc of com.android.phone proces
If annyone found a sollution for this ill be glad to hear it XD

Sent from my ROOTED GT-P5110 with GT-P5113 STOCK JELLY BEAN 4.1.1
using XDA Premium HD app

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
As explained in op. and for root ive used the method of dwl99 few posts back. ive got root and almost no lag. the only anoying thing ive got

using XDA Premium HD app
can't you remove the phone apk ?

Apsterdam

Aug 28, 2010
Amsterdam
I did try to remove some system apps and made it unstable sow reflashed it and take it as it is right now
And realy love it XD

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
I did try to remove some system apps and made it unstable sow reflashed it and take it as it is right now
And realy love it XD

i tried it myself and have to say it feels alot better then 4.0.4 but i can't get it rooted and the 3g signal bar is really annoying.

i gonna give at another try when the officiaal JB is released and when the root works. There's to many crap in the Samsung roms i want to remove

but it looks promising

the1gladiator

Nov 3, 2009
are you sure you have complete root? i've flashed many a rom and cooked a few, not done too much on my tablet

can you install binaries on SuperSU, or use titanium backup and grant it root access? i can't

but if we are qualifying root to mean i have CWM 6, then yes i have root

using XDA Premium HD app

Apsterdam

Aug 28, 2010
Amsterdam
are you sure you have complete root? i've flashed many a rom and cooked a few, not done too much on my tablet

can you install binaries on SuperSU, or use titanium backup and grant it root access? i can't

but if we are qualifying root to mean i have CWM 6, then yes i have root

I did use titanium backup to install whatsapp on my tab sow yes that works and a few other apps that requere root Access

using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Update - Official P5113 Jelly Bean available http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1704668

Leave the OTA Leak and flash this one, please (much easier too)!!!

After Jellybean OTA leak update for the P3100 the 10.1 version could not stay behind. This OTA update is not yet available to anyone, but the people of SamMobile managed to find a way to get it.

This update requires a base firmware on which it can be flashed upon and have to flash through the stock Samsung Recovery.
    You need to be on P5113UEBLH3.

Because the P5110 and P5113 devices are pretty much alike you with your P5110 can flash this as well. Certainly I did!

-update- Thanks to coolypf you can now upgrade your P5110 device with a P5110 build. Go to his thread for further instructions.

-update- SamMobile released Official Jelly Bean for P5110. You will find this here.

Make sure you perform a backup of your data before installing!

How to Root instructions in the second post.

Flash instructions:

1. Make a backup of your data
    2. Download the P5113XARCLH OTA Update (Download it from HERE)
    3. Copy the OTA update to your External SD Card
    4. Download the P5113UEBLH3 base firmware required by the OTA Update (Download it from HERE)
    5. Unzip the base firmware file
    6. Open Odin (Download it from HERE)
    7. Restart the device into download mode (Power and Volume UP/RIGHT)
    8. Add the P5113UEBLH3_HOME.tar.md5 file to PDA in Odin
    9. Connect your device with your computer and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin (Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked)
    10. Press start and let Odin install the files until the box turn green and your tablet reboot.
    11. Restart the device into Recovery Mode (Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT)
    12. Select Apply update from External Storage
    13. Browse to the OTA update and flash it
    14. After the flash perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset!!
    15. Reboot your device and you will have Jelly Bean!

2ikvecp.jpg

11j9hu0.jpg

2a7fx5l.jpg

Quadrant with ICS 4.0.4

jt1mhx.png

Quadrant with Jelly Bean 4.1.1

m3ouq.png
    Howto Root

What you need:

- Odin

- GT-P5110_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2

- CWM-SuperSU-v0.96

0. Move the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96 file to your tablet external SD (extSdCard)
    1. Restart the device into download mode (Power and Volume UP/RIGHT)
    2. Open Odin
    3. Add the GT-p5110_ClockworkMod-Touch_recovery_6.0.1.2.tar file to PDA in Odin
    4. Untick Auto Reboot
    5. Connect your device with your computer and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin (Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked)
    6. Press start and let Odin install the files until the box turn green
    7. Disconnect and boot immediately into recovery mode (Power and Volume DOWN/LEFT)
    8. Select Apply update from External Storage
    9. Browse to the CWM-SuperSU-v0.96 file and flash it
    10. When you select reboot system, you will prompted a question if you want to fix overwriting CWM with the stock recovery, select YES.

If all goes well your ROM is rooted!
    Official P5113 Jelly Bean available http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1704668

Although it will assumably take not long when someone will make a separate thread again./

Leave the OTA Leak and flash this one, please.
    Download the ICS stock rom from Here. Use this in the pda for Odin it should give you back the stock recovery because you are going back as to new.
    Thanks netlagger, I was able to flash the JB leak build, but something wasn't quite right, so I'm going to try again..
    Gonna restore nandroid backup, gonna unroot and flash the CWR6.0.1.0 with PC Odin (without auto-reboot) then reboot into recovery, when I reboot system from that point, I should get prompted to flash stock recovery. If it goes as planned, I will be left on stock ICS 4.0.4 unrooted with stock recovery..

If I can't get that working as I post above, I will restore back to stock with the firmware you posted

Thanks for your help NL! :)
    UpDate: so when I was trying to get the JB-OTA leak build working, I flashed the CWR6.0.1.0 recovery, and when I rebooted, it prompted me if I wanted to flash stock recovery or not..

So I then proceeded to restore my latest nandroid, unrooted, then flashed the CWR6.0.1.0 recovery, and rebooted manually. But when I rebooted it did not prompt to flash stock.. :/ gonna just go through the process you posted

Latest update: so I was having more trouble than success trying to unroot my current setup, but just what I needed, the odin file netlagger posted did exactly just that, I odin'd the stock tar and it removed root and put stock kernel/recovery back on.. the ota didnt find an update, but I am currently updating with kies :) 2nd time seems much more promising :)

Edit: frustrated.. the same thing is happening even if I am unrooted on stock kernel/recovery, I get hung after tablet boots and says installing applications.. this is after the status bar loads, but before anything else.. so I can see the clock, and notification bar, and I know that its now saying I am on JB-4.1.1 cause I can click settings/system info and it says it.. :/

Final update: I finally got to exactly where I wanted to be.. it just goes to show, rooting android is a much needed function to have. After going through the process and running into the same thing again (hung at same spot as before) all I did was data wipe/factory restore in stock recovery, tab booted right up, it is lightning quick and I rooted, put cwr6.0.2.3 back on, and I'm backing up as we speak, gonna stay up late to finish restoring my apps but can't wait to back up customized and then start testing me some CM10.1 (I was just waiting till the first time I had to go through a major restore) now I have a solid stock TW JB nandroid :)

sj

Sent from my pimped out E4GT on CM10 - 1/12 Nightly with Tap@Talk Pro 2.4.8
    using SwiftKey Flow
    DownLoad the beta version for Tablets v4.0.0.61[/QUOTE]
    can i get rid of the phone force closes by uninstalling PhoneUtil 1.0.0 in titanium backup?
    Yes. Keystring_misc.apk and CSC.apk. First make a backup and freeze before delete!
    Removing apps from your device at your own risk!