Note 2 takes a normal SIM card ot not?

Search This thread

RRibeiro

Feb 4, 2005
Ericeira
I have made my Note 2 preorder in Expansys Pro, but now I remembered one important detail for me, can I use the Sim card from my Note 1 or do I have to order a new one because of the 4G or because of the size of the SIM card.
I read somewere that the Note 2 will have micro SIM card, but I also read that it will have a normal SIM card, that's why i'm confused.

Thanks

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
microSIM guys. Regular miniSIMs are a dying breed. Most phones are moving to microSIM and even the newer nanoSIM (next iPhone.)

gsmarena_015.jpg

Reactions: X-zone and hchxoom

hchxoom

Apr 27, 2011
Durn... I'm in the same boat. Preordered from MobileCity with plans to use SIM from Note1. I guess now I need to find a cheap phone with a microsim, since ATT doesnt do well with phones qith unrecognized imeis. Bummer.

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
You realize they make SIM cutters, right? ;) As long as your contact patch comes out unscathed when you cut it, it should be good to go.

Reactions: hchxoom

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
Durn... I'm in the same boat. Preordered from MobileCity with plans to use SIM from Note1. I guess now I need to find a cheap phone with a microsim, since ATT doesnt do well with phones qith unrecognized imeis. Bummer.

Att should allow you to sim swap your note sim for a microsim. It sucks that we can't then go back and forth between phones though. I guess we can use adapters, although I recall the note doesn't play nice enough with some of them.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: hchxoom

android88

Jan 21, 2012
I have made my Note 2 preorder in Expansys Pro, but now I remembered one important detail for me, can I use the Sim card from my Note 1 or do I have to order a new one because of the 4G or because of the size of the SIM card.
I read somewere that the Note 2 will have micro SIM card, but I also read that it will have a normal SIM card, that's why i'm confused.

Thanks

You can cut the sim into a micro-sim.

RRibeiro

Feb 4, 2005
Ericeira
I just phoned my Operator (TMN Portugal) and they say I can order from them one microsim to replace my old one for free.
I don't have to pay nothing for the micro SIM, so I think I will order one for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    microSIM guys. Regular miniSIMs are a dying breed. Most phones are moving to microSIM and even the newer nanoSIM (next iPhone.)

gsmarena_015.jpg
    You realize they make SIM cutters, right? ;) As long as your contact patch comes out unscathed when you cut it, it should be good to go.

Att should allow you to sim swap your note sim for a microsim. It sucks that we can't then go back and forth between phones though. I guess we can use adapters, although I recall the note doesn't play nice enough with some of them.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app