[LEAK] SGH-I747M - I747MVLALI3 (Bell - BMC) (JB 4.1.1) OTA - 2012.09.11

Search This thread

radeon_x

Jan 13, 2006
This is version I747MVLALI3, as opposed to the leak from a couple days ago which was I747MVLALI2c.

Initial impression is that this one is more stable, but I haven't done too much testing yet.

Original OTA ZIP:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=SGH-I747M&pcode=BMC&os=1&type=1#firmware

Modified for easier flashing:

https://hotfile.com/.../d2can_JB_OTA_MVLALI3_keeproot.zip

> MUST be flashed over stock MVLALH1 *** NOT over the previous leaked OTA ***
> will keep your root su binary
> removed the recovery update, so the recovery will remain as whatever you currently have (CWM, etc)
> removed all patch checks so that it will flash even if you are running a modified (eg. some system apps removed) stock MVLALH1
> in other words, you could technically flash this ZIP over any ROM, but unless it's stock or modfied MVLALH1, you will probably end up with bootloops

I flashed this over rooted MVLAH1 using CWM 5.8.4.7 and it worked. Flashing using Mobile Odin should work too. Other methods, I don't know.

Don't blame me if this bricks your phone!

Last edited:

tx3kgtman

Nov 24, 2008
Texarkana
Can this be installed on a stock att phone? Sorry if this is a retarded question but I've been away from the game for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
will wait for you chumps to report the bugs :p, last one i thought was stable and it crapped out while in the car.

stevenca

Oct 30, 2010
Can this be installed on a stock att phone? Sorry if this is a retarded question but I've been away from the game for a while.

> in other words, you could technically flash this ZIP over any ROM, but unless it's stock or modfied MVLALH1, you will probably end up with bootloops

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

I am installing Modified for easier flashing:

right now over stock rooted :good: using CWM ! hope it works! All I did was wipe cache as i had just put the stock rooted rom back on with odin and was already factory!

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Thanks radeon_x! I am now running this on my bell SGS3!
If anyone wants me to test anything for them , please let me know! thanks:good:

Last edited:

dakos666

Oct 6, 2010
Keep getting error code 7. Tried flashing from stock, stock rooted any clues? Sure I'm doing something wrong. Thx

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

kinghorsey

Oct 27, 2010
Keep getting error code 7. Tried flashing from stock, stock rooted any clues? Sure I'm doing something wrong. Thx

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Error code 7 is from using an incorrect version of CWM.
I used the sgs3 toolkit to flash clockworkmod recovery touch and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 2879886

I'm on TWRP and using mobile Odin select open file choose the file (it will go in OTA) make sure you tick Everroot, Inject Superuser and Inject Mobile Odin.

Worked good for me after reverting to Stock V1.

Edit: Network mode have change now they are, LTE/GSM/WCDMA or GSM Only or WCDMA, I think those are the AT&T settings..How ever I show H+/LTE in the status bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevwo

Apr 14, 2008
I've tried flashing CWM, Touch CWM, and TWRP from the newest toolkit (v2.3) and I get error 7 for the first two. What versions of the recovery are people installing to get this to work?

I'm rooted stock IMM76D.1I747MVLALE8

oriveradel

Sep 29, 2007
Error code 7 is from using an incorrect version of CWM.
I used the sgs3 toolkit to flash clockworkmod recovery touch and it worked perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Correct I was usin 6 version, switched to lte version 5.5.x snd worked not problems I also love the favt tha Network mode is there and LTE

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

telephonemike

Apr 18, 2012
Google Pixel 4
Correct I was usin 6 version, switched to lte version 5.5.x snd worked not problems I also love the favt tha Network mode is there and LTE

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Well I tried the change to the LTE CWM and still got the Status 7 error. Could be my ROM but I am stock TELUS 4.0.4 but rooted.

Here is what I have if anyone can see why it keeps bombing out?

Baseband version i747mvllh1

Build number imm76d.i747mvlalh1

mike

codo27

Sep 5, 2010
St. John's
website says 310 mb but showed up 725 while downloading in Chrome? I stopped it to start again, now I have to wait a half hour -_-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is version I747MVLALI3, as opposed to the leak from a couple days ago which was I747MVLALI2c.

Initial impression is that this one is more stable, but I haven't done too much testing yet.

Original OTA ZIP:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=SGH-I747M&pcode=BMC&os=1&type=1#firmware

Modified for easier flashing:

> MUST be flashed over stock MVLALH1 *** NOT over the previous leaked OTA ***
    > will keep your root su binary
    > removed the recovery update, so the recovery will remain as whatever you currently have (CWM, etc)
    > removed all patch checks so that it will flash even if you are running a modified (eg. some system apps removed) stock MVLALH1

I flashed this over rooted MVLAH1 using CWM 5.8.4.7 and it worked. Flashing using Mobile Odin should work too. Other methods, I don't know.

Don't blame me if this bricks your phone!
    Flashed over LI2c.
    I have read the same thing before also. I guess I was curious if there is a way to sideload a language pack or some such thing. I suppose maybe I will have to wait for an ATT rom to leak or release.

On sgs3 it is very easy to add languages. You can just edit language xml file with root explorer or just paste that file from i9300 phone to have almost all languages (no Canadian English and french).

Again to have them together the xml file can be edited.

Reboot the phone. Enjoy.

Sent from my SGH-I747M
    People, this is a 'leaked' prototype of what's to come. :mad:

YES, you WILL have issues. Would you drive a car that's only half way done the assembly line?

NO ONE SHOULD gripe on this site about some piece of leaked software that's not completed.

I flashed it, it sucked, and I'm now back on SlimBEAN. Too easy.

Also, calling it a piece of cr@p is totally out of order, it's not done yet people!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, and if your phone melts due to over heating, that is YOUR fault.