New 4.1 Android - THE ONLY JELLYBEAN THREAD

Search This thread

Slavestate

Sep 7, 2010
www.descentrecords.com
I'm guessing the next version will be called kolache. It would be nice if JB came to the GSII, but it would probably have touchwiz over it anyway. As for now, I'm sticking with the Super Nexus JB rom. Runs great.

Samsung announced yesterday that the GS2 will indeed be getting JB, and of course a Samsung firmware will have TouchWiz..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: j510

knightsh

Jun 4, 2012
Curious. Sammobile showing France SII I9100 getting JB OTA today? Anyone else see that or are my eyes deceiving me? Can we use that to fix HWComposer problem??

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Has the audio issues been addressed yet? The low audio output is the only thing keeping me from using jellybean.. I like to be able to get max 6db's

killman2659

Mar 26, 2012
Illinois, USA
Has the audio issues been addressed yet? The low audio output is the only thing keeping me from using jellybean.. I like to be able to get max 6db's

No it hasn't. But for me the audio is LOUD when on the lower levels. I go to the 3rd lowest volume and it is really loud.

Edit: Im no audiophile, but it seems as tho the audio quality on the JB builds isnt that great...

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Yeah, that's what's keeping me from switching. Gonna continue to wait.. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Raymond111full

Oct 3, 2012
I've read that Samsung is more focus now on GS3 & Nexus models for the JB update, and that for now we won't see Gs2 & Galaxy Note on the chart!

matt_b

Apr 19, 2010
Wichita
Yeah, that's what's keeping me from switching. Gonna continue to wait.. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
i've been using JB since entropy released the CM10 firmware and haven't had any issues with poor quality/low output volume. i use my phone as my mp3 player every day driving to and from work. i also watch a lot of netflix from my phone. haven't had issues with call audio either.

don't let the 'volume bug' scare you off. make a nandroid, flash some JB and test it yourself for a few days. i really have had no complaints on any of the JB roms i've tried (cm10, aokp, super nexus and some hellraised i9100 roms).

I've read that Samsung is more focus now on GS3 & Nexus models for the JB update, and that for now we won't see Gs2 & Galaxy Note on the chart!

i'm sure we will get JB, but we will certainly not be a priority. the sgs2 is a great phone that got released at a terrible time.

Last edited:

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Two points

1.) samsung said they will release jb for the s2

2.) if you go to entropy's thread he has an unofficial cm10 with a somewhat working hwcomposer. It's really butter finally :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: j510

j510

Mar 16, 2012
Any news or leaks on international official jb? Until then im back to stock gingerbread .

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Any news or leaks on international official jb? Until then im back to stock gingerbread .

Have you considered upgrading to CM9.1? It's pretty stable and you can use it as a daily driver till JB is more develop fully or a leak comes through.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Raymond111full

Oct 3, 2012
I read that jb will be out in November for the international s2

Somebody know when is going to be release for the at&t version?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

j510

Mar 16, 2012

Not sure . We still never received the 4.0.4 update from what know, unless someone can check if its available through kies .

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida

well figure ICS came out in Nov for Nexus, April for Int'l S2, and June for the AT&T S2 that should give you a good idea.

Anyways, it's out in a relatively stable format in custom ROM formats so if you really want it you can get it here right now.

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
well figure ICS came out in Nov for Nexus, April for Int'l S2, and June for the AT&T S2 that should give you a good idea.

Anyways, it's out in a relatively stable format in custom ROM formats so if you really want it you can get it here right now.

I see. But i think that if the Int. GS2 gets JB, it can be ported to our device with very little modifications because these phones have almost the same hardware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back to Jelly Bean. They have already booted Jelly bean to the SI 19000 and it appears that they have some of the functions working. With the progress they are making I am hopeful that in 2-3 weeks we could have a functioning JB Rom for th I9000. If that happens hopefully it can be ported to the I777 rather quickly.
    No, seriously, dafuq? It was said many times with ICS that anything that happened in I9000-land was a total fluke and irrelevant to our device. This still holds true for our device. The I9000/Captivate/etc are 90% identical to the Nexus S - they have a fundamental advantage in terms of CM bringups for this reason.

How bad is the Yamaha chip in our phones?
    Quality-wise - not good but not awful.

Driver/HAL-wise - Yamaha is awful with regards to documentation and open source. Also, their kernel driver was written by either someone on powerful mind-altering drugs (crackhead would be giving them too much credit), or came from a primitive tribe with no concept of 0. Seriously - for every audio path setting, 0x2 = off, 0x1 = on, 0x0 and 0x3 are invalid. Yes, that's right - two ****ing bits for a value that only needs one.

Yeah I thought the same thing at first, I was a little annoyed. I think I read somewhere that the i9000 has a very similar processor to the Gnexus or something. Makes sense. Most of the news out has been about how phones differ or are similar in terms of hardware specs, as it's making it easier for devs to port to those devices. i9100g also has a simpler processor I think, which is why that also has a port already.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is what I've heard.
    Not GNex, but Nexus S. GNex and I9100G have the same CPU, which is why the G is ahead for now.

the same driver and libraries for the sound of our i777 has the nexus s, according to the version information will come out tomorrow for the nexus s JB, this version will come sound solutions we need!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/18/nexus-s-jelly-bean-vodafone-australia/
    This post is complete and total fail. Our device has almost NOTHING in common with the Nexus S, especially not sound.

Right now, here's the short summary:
    I9100, I777, and N7000 are all in the same boat. If one gets JB, they all do. I9100 and I777 are 99% identical and the differences take maybe 10 minutes for someone with half a brain to deal with at this point. (It was harder last year when we knew less - but now we know EXACTLY what changes are needed.) The one thing that might be slightly difficult for I777 only is NFC - but probably that won't be a big deal.

N7000 is an I9100 with a large screen and a few other changes. So N7000 should not ever be more than a few days difference from I9100/I777.

The sound chip in all three devices is not present in almost any other Android device (and none that have CM bringups - the only other device I know of is the Galaxy Player 5.0), and it is heavily closed-source. This presents major challenges, an audio HAL may need to be written from scratch.

90%+ of the work of bringing JB to Exynos-based Galaxy S2-era devices will be getting audio to work.
    device tree needs fixes - nfc stuff is killing the build

If I don't succed in the next 10 min or so I'll be going to bed.

We're close though - we got lucky. Using backwards-compatibility wrappers for Gingerbread audio in ICS failed - but the ICS->JB wrappers seem to be doing the trick.
    YES !!! that why I'm excited !!!

Well, you posted the link lol. I'm taking that one down because it's outdated.

Here's an improved version. It's no longer a huge half-assed hellraised. I have included a build.prop with the correct device name (SGH-I777 and i777)

So later on people won't have issues with official builds or CM9.

Instructions:

1. Flash CM10 EXPERIMENTAL from GT-I9100 (Codeworx)
    2. Flash JellyBean Gapps
    3. Flash this zip.

Pulled, read: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29352874&postcount=79

Zip contents:

1. Kernel built from CM10 tree for i777 - No screen flashing, call audio works fine, capacitive keys work fine.
    2. Proper touchkeys keylayout file. Home and search work fine.
    3. Modified build.prop - a basic replace for GT-9100 + i9100 to SGH-I777 + i777, so there are no issues with official builds. Haven't tested much in Play Store for compatibility.

No radio/modem is included with any of the files.

Again, this is EXPERIMENTAL, UNOFFICIAL and UNSUPPORTED. You are flashing under your own responsability and risk!
    By flashing it you acknowledge you know what's at stake and what were the risks. CM team or myself are not responsible for any issues!

If any CM team member or mod wants me to take this down, I will comply immediately. :)

Cheers!
    Ok, here's what I have so far so you can test out 4.1.2. Follow these steps:

1. Download the flashable CWM from Legend's thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998205).
    2. Make sure you also have an i777 modem zip you can flash too.
    3. After copying both files above to your phone, reboot into CWM, wipe data/cache/dalvik, thenflash the ROM. Then flash the i777 modem.
    4. I booted once with the stock kernel just to ensure everything flashed ok, then go into download mode and flash this kernel (based off Philz, so brick bug safe) using ODIN:
    http://d-h.st/B6g
    5. Reboot and calling will work, be sure to disable noise suppression.

11/19 Update: Posted new kernel with CWM added back.

Big thanks to Entropy512 and his walkthrough, I followed it verbatim (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22889718&postcount=26). :)
    i will get it before all of you on my galaxy nexus. then i might think about bringing it to my sgs2. :D