Jelly Bean (JB) for the HOX - OTA/Information/Update/ETAs/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
Thx, I don't understand why landscape is disabled on the home screen in sense, while it is possible with this app.

zodiark

Feb 19, 2010
Barcelona
It is posible because when you use media link the phone goes landscape by default..

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
But in my dock it doesn't work. Maybe because there isn't anything that triggers the mode. It is basically the same as holding it horizontally in your hand.

But your app fixed it, thx.

Back to topic maybe, I hove we get 4.1.2 with the HTC update and not 4.1.1

culac

Mar 26, 2010
London
So for those of us with CIDs which don't allow us to install JB Sense ROMs, is this likely to change when they do the official release? Or is it HTC's way of ensuring carrier branded phones can't get the software early?

If so, that would be seriously annoying.

rob9

Jun 23, 2011
its not updating to jellybean, its updating the firmware (hboot) thats the problem

Cristianop

May 5, 2009
Germany
So for those of us with CIDs which don't allow us to install JB Sense ROMs, is this likely to change when they do the official release? Or is it HTC's way of ensuring carrier branded phones can't get the software early?

If so, that would be seriously annoying.

Your cid doesn't match not due to jb it is just u need to update hboot to get Rom working. So when HTC releases jb officialy then u have to update ur hboot.

What about carrier branded phones? Will they be able to flash jb rom? I think no cause they are still branded and not possible to update hboot until carrier releases OTA right?!

Sent from my HTC One X

andy1969

Jan 25, 2012
durham city
having just moved from apple iphone 4s to the htc one x im wondering why i didnt do it sooner, the htc one x is so much a better phone in every department smooth as silk lovely display, speed is awsome with its quad core processor im loving mine.

the jelly bean update will be the icing on the cake for me and make the htc one x even better if thats possible.

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
having just moved from apple iphone 4s to the htc one x im wondering why i didnt do it sooner, the htc one x is so much a better phone in every department smooth as silk lovely display, speed is awsome with its quad core processor im loving mine.

the jelly bean update will be the icing on the cake for me and make the htc one x even better if thats possible.

First android device?

I wonder when SwiftKey will fix vibration bug on the one x :s

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
In SwiftKey advanced settings, change haptic duration to 20ms :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

It's working good :) but sometimes I find it just vibrate stronger then anything else, also.. This device sounds really bad when vibrating.. Like the plastic is shaking or something :s

stuart0001

Jan 9, 2011
Hampton
It's working good :) but sometimes I find it just vibrate stronger then anything else, also.. This device sounds really bad when vibrating.. Like the plastic is shaking or something :s

Try experimenting with slightly lower values. 20 is perfect for me.

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
Try experimenting with slightly lower values. 20 is perfect for me.

Yeah I'm using 17 now at it seems fairly good.. 20 was like a bad speaker.. But it doesn't vibrate consistent either.. Some letters I press just sometimes vibrate stronger etc :s

Edit: like : bzz bz bz bzz BZZZZZ bz bzz

Stephie

Mar 7, 2010
Dorking
Yeah I'm using 17 now at it seems fairly good.. 20 was like a bad speaker.. But it doesn't vibrate consistent either.. Some letters I press just sometimes vibrate stronger etc :s

Edit: like : bzz bz bz bzz BZZZZZ bz bzz

I have exactly the same problem. I've experimented with different timings, but still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Closed

Ok enough is enough, we have asked nice for you ppl to cooperate with helping to keep on topic and with respect.

This is way too much of disrespect...

attachment.php
    To somewhat control the the masses of Jelly bean threads that are currently arising, I made this thread to collect all talk about it.

Anything related to JB belongs in this thread. We don't want hundreds of threads with the same information, so please use this thread instead.

Yes I know I fooled you with the title, but I somehow need to get your attention :p

Any other JB threads will be closed to keep this froum clean.

So amongst the sea of posts bad mouthing HTC and users asking whether their phone's CID is eligible for an update, I'm going to post my impressions of the JB update so far. I've got an unbranded Taiwanese HOX.

- When you turn your screen on the animation is really smooth. I didn't use any other screens before and I haven't checked others now as well, but the productivity lock screen now shows the current weather as well
    - The pane switching animation has been altered slightly. It was sluggish at first but now it's back to being smooth, however, it's a bit slower than what it was like on sense 4.1
    - The entire colour scheme has been changed to the native android blue. There's a mixture of the sense green and android blue throughout though which is nice
    - The notifications pane has been updated and it is now VERY SMOOTH. There's also an option to activate the power saver mode. Various options such as battery, apps and beats audio etc have been altered.
    - The gallery app has been updated featuring two different views
    - There's a different animation when opening threads in messaging. This feels a bit sluggish compared to the old one. One thing I don't like is the new sense keyboard. It's great that they give you the option to remove the arrows but the layout has been altered and I'm having to relearn how to type on this
    - I'm still unsure of whether battery life has improved. I can tell it hasn't worsened but still haven't done much to see if it has improved
    - By far the biggest improvement is the browser. It has a cleaner interface and is much quicker. Fit to screen works brilliantly with almost all sites now! Chrome is included by default but I found no reason to switch to it, the default HTC browser is good enough.
    - Voice search and Google Now are now available. I really like using Google Now, it's good at reminders and giving sports updates!
    - The camera has a couple of new shooting modes
    - Switching between apps is now a bit quicker BUT I do feel that opening and closing apps is a bit sluggish now
    - The beats preset has been altered and it is now louder and much better
    For me, the JB update has made HOX A differnet phone altogether.

POSITIVE POINTS:

• Switching between home screens has a new look now and is much smoother.
    • I've got 4hr 30min screen on time with still 19% of juice left. ( I'm 24/7 connected to Wifi so keep my mobile internet off which gives me longer battery life )
    • SMS app now offers block list. It's much snappier and has animations as well. The best thing about SMS app is the new smiley faces. They are BIG and look gorgeous :D
    • Browser is much improved.
    • Tapping screen takes picture in camera app. This holds for both rear and front facing cam.
    • There's no LAG in the phone now. Few animations are designed such that it takes time to complete. Doesn't mean it slows the phone down.
    • I use Smart Keyboard Pro so can't say anything about default keyboard.
    • Caller's picture is no more blurred.
    • USB OTG now works.
    • ...and many things which I've miseed...

NEGATIVE POINTS:

• There's a power saver icon in notification area from which I can't get rid off.
    • WIFI direct isn't working yet.
    • Can't see screen on time by default now.

CONCLUSION:

This is one of the finest updates. Phone is much more snappier and has few additional animations. I'm happy with my HOX now :)

Sent from my HTC One X
    The XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM was a beautiful place in wmobile days... I remember that days... I remember!
    I was a noob... Everybody start like a noob... And we learn to flash roms, share, be friends to people we don't know...
    Now seeing this thread... So many HTC haters, ex apple fan and funny boys...

Remember ... This website starts with a company... The old people here knows what company is...

I also hate HTC, becouse they not upgrade my G100... Or my Elf, or my HD2 to windows phone 7... It's true... But in other side... I love HTC becouse they have the better phones in the market... Btw... My sensation will not have official JB? I don't care... It works...

I had some problems with my HOX... They resolved them... So? Guess what... My new device will be a HTC... Probably a one x+...

Learn to respect... The others, the company's, the brands... If you have buyed a HTC and you can't live with that... Sell it and go away XDA-devs... No one cares!

This is not the end of the world... The end is around you and you don't care... Is your government, your boss, your work...

I will give up this thread...

JB by HTC is a bonus... This is what I think!

And YOU... Hatter? Moron! What did you do for this community?

Forgot to say: this is development website... You HAVE ALLREADY JB Roms developed by XDA developers :) want it? Get it...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app