[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
If this rom had more battery icon choices and allow to change the colors of the soft keys (back,home,recent) this rom would be freaking flawless

You could always install a theme from the play store, or if you have Rom toolbox or theme chooser it's easier to find themes for whatever Rom you're using. I'm using "goog le bean" and my new fave is "fustercluck" which has words written for the keys ("home, back, recent") They also change the Wi-Fi icon and battery....so your best bet is to get "rom toolbox pro", everything is in there, even fonts :)

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

blcistheking

Jun 20, 2008
NYC
Any recommended kernels I should use with this rom?
Currently having issues with clemsyn's elite kernel clocking back down to 1300mhz

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
For me 3.41 did solve the problem of not been able to go to recovery if I booted from bootloader, however now my PC (windows 7 x64) does not recognize the device in bootloader mode, so I am not able to reach it via Adb or fastboot mode, thus I cannot flash right now any image file from the PC , only zip files within recovery. I tried re-installing Google USB drivers, uninstalling them first, tried different methods and different versions of the drivers but still no luck. Funny enough it does recognize my Nexus when PA 2.2 ROM is completely up and running, thus I am able to see the internal memory content, but not in bootloader mode. Any suggestion/ideas anyone?

In recovery, go to mounts and storage and select mount USB storage while plugged in, and it should pop a window right open on your PC, and you can get some cwm flashable zips on there

Reactions: fdomi

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Performance Settings

Any recommendations for optimizing performance settings in PA 2.2? In particular, I'd like to try to optimize WiFi performance - seems that the AOSP browser lags quite a bit.

technope

Apr 22, 2011
I've changed a total of zero settings related to it, but my homescreen is stuck in portrait mode. Is there a quick fix I'm missing here?

fdomi

The site limits speeds to 50 kb/s...which is the exact speed he said he is currently at and complaining about. Im not sure how your link helps in any possible way.
Really? I am not aware of this, since it is my own personal account on uploaded.to obviously I have full speed limit, so when I try downloading the package it downloads fast. I assumed anyway that non members would have less download speed, yet I never thought it would be as low as 50 Kbyte/sec. I have no way of knowing that, and I get no benefit at all in uploading this package and making it available to others to download, so If the link doesn't help then I am sorry about it, as a community member I try to help, but your words sound demanding to me. I am just a single user of this forum, not an OP and not a developer.

Reactions: VoluntaryMan

ksimilie

Oct 27, 2010
Really? I am not aware of this, since it is my own personal account on uploaded.to obviously I have full speed limit, so when I try downloading the package it downloads fast. I assumed anyway that non members would have less download speed, yet I never thought it would be as low as 50 Kbyte/sec. I have no way of knowing that, and I get no benefit at all in uploading this package and making it available to others to download, so If the link doesn't help then I am sorry about it, as a community member I try to help, but your words sound demanding to me. I am just a single user of this forum, not an OP and not a developer.

Didn't mean to sound too harsh. Apologies.

Reactions: fdomi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser