[ROM] ICSROM - an AOSPish mod of ICS [v1.4.6][8 Dec 2012][Final]

Search This thread

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
I need some help guys.

On your internal and external sd cards there is a folder named logger which contains log files.

I may ask you to zip those files and PM me a link (Dropbox, whatever). But don't do that yet.

I need you to help me analyze those files to make sure there is no personal or location based information. I will be doing the same.

Just open the files as a text document and look for stuff like IMEI, GPS cooridnates, etc.

Reactions: jhonnyx

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
File in gz format. Not sure how to open.

MB860 Peace

AndroZip https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilesoftresource

The unzipped text file is big. Use html viewer for fast performance.

I need some help guys.

On your internal and external sd cards there is a folder named logger which contains log files.

I may ask you to zip those files and PM me a link (Dropbox, whatever). But don't do that yet.

I need you to help me analyze those files to make sure there is no personal or location based information. I will be doing the same.

Just open the files as a text document and look for stuff like IMEI, GPS cooridnates, etc.

The most personal info I see is the name of the carrier. "AT&T" :D Have not seen any other identifiers.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

coolnow

Dec 4, 2010
Manchester
tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800

It works pretty well. Some reboots here and there, a little bit of overheating (not a lot). HW acceleration works great, smooth quadrant 2d test etc.

Went back to old ICS without libs for now. I don't think it's about the tegrapart due to conflicting reports. I flashed the CWM part, no webtop.

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
AndroZip https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilesoftresource

The unzipped text file is big. Use html viewer for fast performance.

The most personal info I see is the name of the carrier. "AT&T" :D Have not seen any other identifiers.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!

Log.main.txt has names from my contacts.

MB860 Peace

That is what I was worried about. Thanks!

I will probably only need the radio logs, but not sure yet.

jhonnyx

Oct 14, 2009
Buenos Aires
I need some help guys.

Should check only on ICSROM or "that ICS rom"?. I'll flash ICSROM right away and report back the findings.
In "that ICS rom" sensitive info has been found into log.main, log.system and log.events (accounts, contacts for the moment)

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Fastrite can you confirm you managed to get the screen stabilized the same way as I do ? People are asking for confirmation. It is funny on my 46 inch bravia picture is rock solid. I guess if I was a developer I wouldn't want to work on 4 inch ider :)

Hai_Duong

Feb 20, 2011
Göppingen
I have q question. The Atrix is connected to my lapdock but it dosent show the webtop 3.0 interface... i flashed it so in the OP. It mirrors my phone but in wrong resolution. Thats a normal Bug ??

Vanilla2001

May 3, 2012
Not sure if this means anything, but on the original ICS leak for the atrix 2 some phones were running at 1.2ghz after installing their leak while others with the exact phone were still running at 1.0ghz (stock speed for that phone). Exact same phones, exact same file flashed. Nobody knows for sure but the speculation is that somehow the update from that leak checks for cpus from different batches and then selectively overclocks them according to whether they were from a "good" batch or not.
Maybe moto applied some of the same voodoo here with the atrix 4g leak?

Cpu spy says 1000MHz.don't know why antutu bench and cpu master says 1200MHz. I reduced clock to 1000 but antutu score stays same. Maybe a wrong detection by cpu master.

Fastrite

Fastrite can you confirm you managed to get the screen stabilized the same way as I do ? People are asking for confirmation. It is funny on my 46 inch bravia picture is rock solid. I guess if I was a developer I wouldn't want to work on 4 inch ider :)

I'm on CM10 right now but I will restore my ICSROM nandroid in 10 minutes and look.
I would say that I haven't had the garbled screen that you commented on?
How does that occur?
I've only had transitional tearing when scrolling home screens so far. between after trying my Lapdock previously
I wanted to try my HDMI output but the only HDMI display I have is my 28" CAD screen and the HDMI is borked, doh!
Back shortly.

Edit: I can't get the garbled screen to check your fix. Suggestions??

When I plug into my LD I get a bit of the display shown on the LD screen and the phone screen goes crazy flickering and jumping til I close the LD then I get the application restart info and get asked what sort of dock mode I want, (Grrr lapdock mode is the answer! :/)

Trying to fix my HDMI screen now!

Last edited:
AT&T Atrix 4G, with tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800

Aside from little slugginess issues that come and go, and obscene battery usage compared to CM10, this ROM is VERY good. After abandoning other Blur- based ROMs and using ICS and JB-based ROMs, i had no idea HW acceleration made things way better. Works like a charm.

Modifications done to build.prop:

- ro.build.type=userdebug > ro.build.type=user (made it slightly smoother)
- ro.sf.lcd_density=240 > ro.sf.lcd_density=220 (made stuff smaller)
- ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported=true > ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported = false (enabled deep sleep)
- ro.mot.toggle.hotspot=true > ro.mot.toggle.hotspot=false (do NOT mistake with ro.mot.wifi.hotspot=1, doing so will make the phone go into boot crashes)
- ro.mot.btpan.disable=true > ro.mot.btpan.disable=false
- ro.mot.btdun.disable=true > ro.mot.btdun.disable=false

#ADDITIONAL BUILD PROPERTIES
- ro.camcorder.videoModes=false > ro.camcorder.videoModes=true (got rid of a bit of camcorder's lag)
- debug.mot.hprofdump=1 > debug.mot.hprofdump=0

Issues so far:
- Slow screen-on time
- Slow boot
- Phone gets hot
- Signal bars are too low when phone shows 4G, but get to normal on EDGE
- Notification sounds not working

Only thing i have disliked of AOSP ROMs is the boot-up logo, but that's up to me to change it :D

Will be trying it next week as a daily driver. I could've tried it last week, but needed a stable phone and lots of battery.

Last edited:

coolnow

Dec 4, 2010
Manchester

Aside from little slugginess issues that come and go, and obscene battery usage compared to CM10, this ROM is VERY good. After abandoning other Blur- based ROMs and using ICS and JB-based ROMs, i had no idea HW acceleration made things way better. Only thing i have "modded" is the DPI, from 240 to 220, via build.prop. Works like a charm.

Only thing i have disliked of AOSP ROMs is the boot-up logo, but that's up to me to change it :D

Will be trying it next week as a daily driver. I could've tried it last week, but needed a stable phone and lots of battery.

I have found my phone is not deep-sleeping, rather it is underclocking to 216 MHz with screen off. Is there any way to enable deep sleep? I have BT off and WiFi always on, but no notifications at all.

Same, mine doesn't deep sleep either. Do you experience loads of reboots too?

Also, HW acceleration really makes this phone seem new. Everything feels sturdy and not flimsy like in other roms where scrolling would hang for a while etc

aggrogade

Sep 23, 2011
Issue

I have the AT&T Atrix 4G, with tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800

Aside from little slugginess issues that come and go, the phone runs good

ro.build.type=user
ro.sf.lcd_density=200

the only main problem i have is that it does not route audio through the cardock or desk dock, it goes through the phone speaker, any ideas. This is working fine with both CM9 and CM10 roms.

stewartsoda

Apr 25, 2008
Somewhere In Idaho

Also, HW acceleration really makes this phone seem new. Everything feels sturdy and not flimsy like in other roms where scrolling would hang for a while etc

No deep sleep because your phone reboots every time it hits deep sleep. Thus, the reboots.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: coolnow

I have had ONE random reboot in ~3 hours, and it was at boot (i've read that it can random reboot when mounting SD card)

I've been reading this thread, and i found many little modifications. The one that fixed the deep sleep issues is this one:

ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported = true > ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported = false

After editing it and a reboot, it is deep sleeping. I'm still getting the issues of it getting hot and battery duration, but deep sleep is helping.

Reactions: coolnow

Ilkinansr92

Apr 20, 2010
Stamford

Aside from little slugginess issues that come and go, and obscene battery usage compared to CM10, this ROM is VERY good. After abandoning other Blur- based ROMs and using ICS and JB-based ROMs, i had no idea HW acceleration made things way better. Works like a charm.

- ro.build.type=userdebug > ro.build.type=user (made it slightly smoother)
- ro.sf.lcd_density=240 > ro.sf.lcd_density=220 (made stuff smaller)
- ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported=true > ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported = false (enabled deep sleep)
- ro.mot.toggle.hotspot=true > ro.mot.toggle.hotspot=false (do NOT mistake with ro.mot.wifi.hotspot=1, doing so will make the phone go into boot crashes)
- ro.mot.btpan.disable=true > ro.mot.btpan.disable=false
- ro.mot.btdun.disable=true > ro.mot.btdun.disable=false

#ADDITIONAL BUILD PROPERTIES
- ro.camcorder.videoModes=false > ro.camcorder.videoModes=true (got rid of a bit of camcorder's lag)
- debug.mot.hprofdump=1 > debug.mot.hprofdump=0

The red build.prop doesnt allow deep sleep its just shows up the option for sleep in power manu when you hold the power button

Reactions: stewartsoda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICSROM-large.jpg

Introducing ICSROM, an AOSPish mod of Motorola ICS

Conceptually the same as CSROM – a de-blurred and de-bloated version of stock to give that AOSP feel.

A Clean Slate to modify as You wish.

Like CSROM, anything that has been removed that you want (or just want to play with) is available for re-installation (see additional information).

Try to think of this ROM as a Clean Slate to modify as YOU wish.
    I don't want to force apps, gapps, themes, and launchers on you.
    I will leave it up to YOU to decide how you want YOUR ROM to look and function.

icsrom_v145.jpg

Many thanks to:
    epinter and mmontuori
    samcripp for ROM Factory

Changelog
    v1.4.6
    Reboot added to power menu
    Proper launcher integration
    Fixed Favorite Contacts widget
    RAZR email and messaging apps
    UI Tweaks and Theming
    More wallpaper
    Added Smart Actions and Clock
    Restored Deep Sleep Mode

v1.4.5
    Added init.d support

v1.4.4
    AtrixHD launcher and circle widget

v1.4.3
    Restored Moto File Manager (AOSP icon)
    Added AOSP Gallery
    New icons for camera, email, calculator, phone
    Modified build.prop

v1.4.2
    Completely rebuilt
    Weather Widget is back!
    Balanced power in display settings enabled
    (Nvidia app)

v1.4.1
    Volume rocker wake
    New battery icons
    Removed more bloat
    Modified build.prop

v1.4
    More bloat removed
    Removed carrier Label
    UI Tweaks
    Added AOSP music player
    Modified build.prop
    New Google calendar
    1% battery mod
    Notification drawer toggles

v1.3
    Based on version 6.7.119
    More bloat removed
    Data tracking / monitoring removed
    Disabled deep sleep
    Deodexed

v1.2
    Fixed wifi glitch

v1.1
    Removed more Motobloat
    Removed logging apps
    Fixed broken wallpaper
    Cleaned up build.prop and added some tweaks
    Added force 2G/3G

v1.0
    (Initial release)
    Lots of Motobloat removed
    Busyboxed
    Debugging and system monitoring software removed
    Changed some wallpapers

Additional Information
    (Please read BEFORE posting on the thread)
    Moved Here

Install (CWM)
    Flash at your own risk!!!

First Time Install
    Nandroid backup
    Wipe cache, data, Dalvik
    Format /osh
    Flash vendor
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Update
    Nandroid backup
    Wipe cache, Dalvik
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

Download
    My AFH Atrix Folder

Vendor Lite is compatible with any version of ICSROM, and AtrICS v2.0 build 20121103

Kernel
    Current Alpha Kernel

Be sure to use the AtrICS v2.0 thread for additional information.

I will not respond to help requests via PM.
    Please post your question on one of my threads.

R.I.P. "That ROM"

(Please do not hotlink my work. xda is where it stays.)
    I barely slept last night. Too excited. Dream come true!

Edit:
    Bailed out on work too!
    v1.4
    More bloat removed
    Removed carrier Label
    UI Tweaks
    Added AOSP music player
    Modified build.prop
    New Google calendar
    1% battery mod
    Notification drawer toggles

Before anyone says anything - yes, the battery icons are lame. Don't worry, I've requested a new set from a highly qualified themer (bernardwilkes3).

Volume rocker wake didn't make this version (my wrists are hurting after the notification drawer toggles!).

Install and update instructions on OP.

Enjoy!

Edit1:
    I set up a mirror for those that experience slow downloads from my site.

Edit2:
    I neglected to mention that the notification drawer toggles are by nitroglycerine33 (thanks!). I just ported it to this device.

Edit3:
    Forgot to mention that the toggle bar scrolls sideways to reveal more options.
    Additional Information

Not working / Not Optimal
    Unfortunately this varies greatly by device (tegrapart, etc.), so you won't know until you try it.

Some Devices
    Terrible battery life (<6 hours)
    Screen tearing
    Random reboots
    Overheating
    Slow screen wake

All Devices
    Lapdock - not working
    Battery life - not optimal
    Camera flash timed incorrectly

Mostly for international users
    International users will need to flash ramfix after each ROM installation
    Cellular network display issues ("bars")? Look here
    Cellular data not working? Look here
    GPS lock problems? Look here and here
    Change your APN

CPU Editor
    Look here

Increase maximum available RAM
    Look here

Cellular data issues
    Look here and here

GApps
    Included in vendor. Only need to flash once.

Checking your tegrapart
    Here

Mobile Hot Spot
    Moved here

Enabling Balanced Power (Nvidia App)
    (go to System settings, Display, then tick Enable Balanced Power)

This setting will reduce power consumption at the expense of performance.
    For example, with balanced power enabled, frame rates will never get above ~35 FPS.
    I strongly suggest not enabling balanced power for graphics intensive applications
    (navigation with car dock, gaming, etc)

General use
    Setting display sleep timeout to never helps laggy screen wake
    (must turn off display with power button)
    Not using fingerprint scanner also helps for some devices

Wait until both sd cards finish mounting before using your phone after reboot.
    The OS checks for errors on both cards after mounting and the process is buggy.
    Disrupting the process can cause reboots.

Force 2G/3G only works with the 100R radio for AT&T

Set minimum CPU speed to 216MHz (I use ROM Toolbox, but many apps will work)

Use ravilov's battery app to recalibrate your battery.
    Traditional methods don't work.

Camera
    Camera flash timing is off (working on it)
    To remove the purple haze turn off wide screen mode

Wi-Fi
    (System settings, Wi-Fi, menu button, Advanced)
    If you experience Wi-Fi related reboots try changing the sleep setting to always
    and disable auto connect for Wi-Fi hot spots

Restoring deep sleep mode
    Edit this build.prop line, changing false to true: ro.mot.deep.sleep.supported=false
    Flash the attached zip in CWM
    Run fix permissions in CWM
    Reboot
    Note: If you have screen wake issues, this may make it worse

Replacing apps I removed
    Apps (v4): Link
    Instructions:
    1) Download ICSROM App Replacer
    2) Unzip file
    3) Place your favorite system apps in the "app" folder
    4) Re-zip (must use .zip format)
    5) Nandoid backup
    6) Flash with CWM
    7) Run fix permissions in CWM
    8) Reboot

Or, you can copy the apps to your SD Card and install from there.

Also, please don't ask me to replace apps that I removed back in to the ROM. You can easily do that yourself.

Remember, this ROM is a Clean Slate to modify as You wish. Enjoy!
    Well guys, I survived Hurricane Sandy. Not too bad for me (many parts of NJ are devastated). Worst part for me was losing power (which is still out). But I managed to put together a generator powered update.

v1.4.1
    Volume rocker wake
    New battery icons
    Removed more bloat
    Modified build.prop

The build.prop mod (suggested by daveee143) is an old Motorola tweak which allegedly stabilizes cellular data connections. Let me know if you think it does anything.

The battery icons are courtesy of bernardwilkes3. Please go thank him!