[ROM][Jun25] Blackout Incredible v4.0 Done![4.0.4][Sense 3.6] [Hotspot][Sense5 Theme]

Search This thread

Dredead

Mar 29, 2011
I just wanted to update
Everyone on the virtuous kernel that I have flashed with beta1.now on day 3 and no spikes as of yet, and have seen no dancing of the batt. stats, the battery also force closes at correct time at the end of its power cycle.being that this is not a issue for all,do so at your own risk,and create a nandroid back up.this is also recommend in other dhd/i4g ics forums,but will leave it to the devs.of blackout to make the call on listing this as a possible fix for those with these issues. So a field test is done, and all is well,I have made this one of two nandroids I have.

1. No longer seeing spikes or false readings.
2. I See no change's in battery life.
3. No changes in sms,mms messaging.(works)

One more thing,I have used other mods,since those results for testing,so there would be no misleading results.I have flashed a google now mod and pmr. It has not affected the performance at all, if this is helpful to devs at all, not sure? But,it is a sign of a stable rom.for those willing to take risk beyond flashing a rom always read before you act,and nandroid. Hope this helps somehow!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

So did we decide flashing the virtuous kernel was a good idea?

Also in terms of the base. I would release both but limit the support for the Sensasion to an immediate level (basically keep it around as a quick fix option for the ROM), and maintain ongoing support and development for the Inc base.

Not sure why this hasn't been suggested yet. This way everyone is happy right now, and it gives you as devs more time to perfect Inc. This is assuming both are ready

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: rdub504

soleil10

Nov 8, 2010
M
Why we discuss the preference of base? Do we have choice? Non of them is ready even kick out headset and wifispot. Be patient. Waiting something of miracle. No choice, just patience.

XGS 2.4.5 ICS 4.0.4 ROM using 2.6.35.14 aospx Kernel and the headset is just fine.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

QD2DC

Oct 25, 2007
Google Pixel Fold
OnePlus Open
Why we discuss the preference of base? Do we have choice? Non of them is ready even kick out headset and wifispot. Be patient. Waiting something of miracle. No choice, just patience.

we discuss becaused we asked. You are the least qualified person to comment on being patient.

Without kernel help, headset buttons will not work on either build. Hotspot will work on xl base only. I think we'll probably just end up doing both and call it a day for 3.6 based roms.

kswiss86

Jan 2, 2012
Germany

XGS 2.4.5 ICS 4.0.4 ROM using 2.6.35.14 aospx Kernel and the headset is just fine.

yeah we have the choice thats the reason why Blackout Team ask.

XGS is a nonSense Rom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Headsetbutton is a Kernel Problem and you can not compair a AOSP Kernel with a Sense Kernel.

rdub504

Jun 27, 2012
vega
I can respect what these guysare doing,rather than rush a release just do to public demand,they rather develop a high quality release.ultimately the people that beg and push for a release are the same people who complain when something is not working,like the head set button,I could care less about that feature but some people will,also hot spot, I used that once this year during a hurricane this year where my home internet connection was lost for days! And that's why I keep a nandroid of a Rom with that as a working feature.so I would say if these guys are giving us a Rom that HTC gave up on or changes there mind about daily,than you take what they offer, and be grateful.really you should choose a Rom based upon what you need it to do for you not just for os type gb,ics,jb! Also the fact they ask for opinions shows that there open minded.it means they don't have a superiority complex,and want our feedback.that shows they are not only building roms but also a reputation for a quality product! There creating a demand for it.does anyone ask mike_1986 for release dates?no, because they know its worth the wait.these guys are doing the same here building that type of reputation. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
Without kernel help, headset buttons will not work on either build.

exsitz might be the person who could help.

Hotspot will work on xl base only. I think we'll probably just end up doing both and call it a day for 3.6 based roms.

Based on the feedback on the Beta's it looks like there really won't be anything left to do after that :)

I will be downloaded the Incredilbe S base :D when it is done.

Last edited:

alpha007org

Oct 2, 2011
we discuss becaused we asked. You are the least qualified person to comment on being patient.

Without kernel help, headset buttons will not work on either build. Hotspot will work on xl base only. I think we'll probably just end up doing both and call it a day for 3.6 based roms.

Hi. I'm software developer for MS platform. But I use openSuse for my home laptop. Actually been using Suse for almost 10 years. 10 years back I had only dial-up, so I bought Suse. Then when I got ADSL I downloaded new versions. In the mean time I was using Gentoo for about a year. So I know my way around Linux distros.

I don't (didn't) have time to get more familiar with Android distribution but if someone would explain to me how Android "base" is structured I may be some assistance. With active debuggers and my other tools for development I could run both version side by side in virtual machine and could help you with hotspot issue. Maybe xl is compiled with different flags so that it works, maybe Inc S is missing some flags to the kernel.

So if you (Blackout Team) thinks you can explain* to me how Android is structured, put together and what are Android differences to "normal" linux distros (openSuse, ubuntu), I can help.

*but this must not be a big project, because a don't have a lot of free time. Developing is time consuming (8-12 hours can pass very quickly) and I have hyperactive dog (hobby, sports activity) - doberman, who's need my attention at least 2 hours a day.

---

Roberto_Lim: thank you. (1.5Ghz with BlackoutICS voltage table doesn't work stable for me.)

scorpio09

Aug 1, 2010
exsitz is probably the person whose help you would be needed.

Existz is using Gingerbread kernel patched up to work with ICS. Headset works in GB kernel and hence it is working in AospX rom, whereas Blackout uses Kernel 3.x.
So I assume it won't help dev's to check 2.x kernel to resolve the headset issue.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Dude, why you keep advertising about other Rom's in this thread. And how can you tell that none of blackouts versions are ready? Are you part of the team or do you have exclusive access to the builds :eek:

I have been using 3.2 beta 1, from the day it was out for testing. So, from past few weeks never had a single reboot or FC. This is my daily driver now. Btw, I use headset a lot but I don't complain coz I am more than happy to have ICS sense 3.6 rom and accept the fact that dev's gave further life to a device which has been ditched by the HTC.

Raistlin1158

Dec 28, 2010
Dude, why you keep advertising about other Rom's in this thread. And how can you tell that none of blackouts versions are ready? Are you part of the team or do you have exclusive access to the builds :eek:

I have been using 3.2 beta 1, from the day it was out for testing. So, from past few weeks never had a single reboot or FC. This is my daily driver now. Btw, I use headset a lot but I don't complain coz I am more than happy to have ICS sense 3.6 rom and accept the fact that dev's gave further life to a device which has been ditched by the HTC.

Well said, If he doesn't like it he should just fade away.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashreedhar

exec228

Feb 4, 2009
Astana
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
edit: about headset buttons: not working is actually feature for me.

With ROMs where headset buttons works, my phone is going crazy: when listening to music it's changing songs or randomly calls people. This started happening when I connected my phone to computer speakers at friend's house. So not working is a HUGE "feature" for me. :/ (this was happening with normal headphones too.)

:confused: Man, if you have broken your headset/jack, that does not mean everyone else must use a broken phone with hsbuttons disabled in this ROM!!!

soleil10

Nov 8, 2010
M
Existz is using Gingerbread kernel patched up to work with ICS. Headset works in GB kernel and hence it is working in AospX rom, whereas Blackout uses Kernel 3.x.
So I assume it won't help dev's to check 2.x kernel to resolve the headset issue.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Keeping advertising about others is to not close on yourself. You will understand when you are ready. Never want to discuss this issue with you. This topic is closed.
Are you part of the team? and you even did not test the beta 2. If you have followed the thread, you should have understood that there is no waiting time when it is ready. This topic is also closed.

alpha007org

Oct 2, 2011
exec228: You are absolutely right and I agree with you. But it's kinda ironic, don't you think? :) ( even if I disabled headset feature in settings in ARHD 6.3.3 ROM that strange behavior was still there - so not working this particular feature is actually the only reason I didn't bought a new phone. So thanks to Blackout Team I saved around 600EUR. )

But if Blackout Team discovers a way to get the thing working (beside hotspot), I won't complain - actually I would congratulate them for making the ROM as perfect as it gets. However I would ask them if there is a way to "break" it, so I could listen to music (podcasts mostly) on my phone adain.

Last edited:

Bigpapa146

Mar 18, 2009
The blackout ROM on my desire HD.
What a perfect ROM is that.
Am very satisfied. :good::good::good::good::good:

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
Roberto_Lim: thank you. (1.5Ghz with BlackoutICS voltage table doesn't work stable for me.)

If you want 1.4 GHz zips at 1225vdd and 1200vdd to test would be very happy to make them for you.

Would be nice to run 1.4 GHz at the lowest stable voltage.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD powered by Blackout ICS Incredible

alpha007org

Oct 2, 2011
If you want 1.4 GHz zips at 1225vdd and 1200vdd to test would be very happy to make them for you.

Would be nice to run 1.4 GHz at the lowest stable voltage.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD powered by Blackout ICS Incredible

If I change in

"/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ "

"vdd_levels"

and restart this should do it, right? No need for flashable zip...

---
edit:

So I changed voltage for 1400 to 1225 and rebooted. However when I checked the file change didn't stick. It's at 1250 as before. Why?

Roberto_Lim: in PM I asked you if I can unzip your flashable file, change 01sysctl and zip it. Will it be flashable file?

Last edited:

krzych

Jul 29, 2009
Warsaw
If I change in

"/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ "

"vdd_levels"

and restart this should do it, right? No need for flashable zip...

---
edit:

So I changed voltage for 1400 to 1225 and rebooted. However when I checked the file change didn't stick. It's at 1250 as before. Why?

Roberto_Lim: in PM I asked you if I can unzip your flashable file, change 01sysctl and zip it. Will it be flashable file?

Should be. And get zipsigner you will have signed one then. And you can also just try after nandroid, won't hurt then ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Keeping advertising about others is to not close on yourself. You will understand when you are ready. Never want to discuss this issue with you. This topic is closed.
Are you part of the team? and you even did not test the beta 2. If you have followed the thread, you should have understood that there is no waiting time when it is ready. This topic is also closed.

Once again, not to point out the glaringly obvious BUT, you are comparing an AOSP Kernel to an HTC Sense Kernel, these are not interchangeable AOSP is as close to pure google as you can get. HTC is about as far off of Google as you can get. You might as well be comparing an iPhone to an Android.

HTC heavily customizes their kernel's in order to provide the best possible experience for their proprietary Sense UI as does Motorola for their interface and Samsung does for theirs.

and if you don't want to believe that, try for yourself, go ahead and flash a AOSP Kernel on a Sense rom and watch what happens or vice versa flash a Sense kernel on an AOSP Rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4o.png

screensaa.png

Wanna give a HUGE thanks to this community. This rom, this Team would be nothing without this great community. I can't possibly thank you all individually, but you all know who you are and know that I greatly appreciate the help, the testing, the patience.

rominfo.png

- Android Version: 4.0.4 (IceCream Sandwich)
    - Based on: Incredible S 4.14.405.2
    - Sense Version: 3.6
    - Supported Devices: DHD, Inspire, Telus DHD, Vivo, Saga (Desire S) and MyTouch 4G/Glacier(untested)

Not Working:
    Bliss MOD in Tweaks...DO NO USE. Use mod pack instead please
    Headset Buttons (flash alternate kernel for this)
    Arrowless Keyboard in Landscape is WIP
    Front Facing Cam on myTouch WIP

changelog.png

Code:
    v4.0
    Minor update (but full Rom for those that want it)
    ~Dirty Flash *should* be Ok~
    Added existing fixes (BT, IME and Hotspot (thx gummbah30)
    Optional Sense 5 Theme added to Post 2 (compatible with V3.2)
    Minor fine tuning
    Fixed build.prop for Desire S (courtesy of vampire36 :good:)
    and finally, most likely final Blackout Rom...

v3.2
    ~*~FUll WIPE ADVISED~*~
    Rebased to 4.14.405.2
    Added Mods to POST #4
    Fixed Sound on Devices
    Fixed Auto-Brightness
    Added Incredible S Support
    Added Desire Z Support
    Added Desire S Support
    Fixed Colors on HTC IME
    Zipaligned with Latest
    Fixed OC Governor on First Boot
    Fixed Button Backlight
    Improved Performance and Battery Life

v3.1.1
    Um...v3.1 but better!
    Full Wipe Recommended, maybe required
    Fixed Sound on Devices
    Better touch Response
    Fixed aroma no wipe issue

v3.1
    ~*~FUll WIPE REQUIRED~*~
    Back to stock look. Skin will be reworked
    New kernel Blackout BeastMode v1.5
    Added new device (HTC MyTouch 4G)
    Removed andrev_oc and related files due to causing lag issues.
    Removed duplicate entries from build.prop
    Correct Device Branding
    Added Bliss Mod to Tweaks
    Even more Tweaks added!
    Included Beats audio components for Desire HD
    Updated frameworks to include new APN's
    Added Battery Percent
    Fixed FM Radio (Fully Functional)
    Fixed Weather Sounds FC
    Fixed APN's for Virgin Mobile
    Fixed issue with camera and flash
    Fixed issue with video recording locking up and rebooting
    Fixed SMS 160 char issues
    Fixed MMS send recieve issues
    Fixed Data signal drop while recieving MMS
    Fixed BT Hogging CPU after shutdown

v3.0
    ~*~FUll WIPE REQUIRED~*~
    Rebase to Incredible S 4.10.405.1 (Android 4.0.4)
    Camera fixed AND Recording 480p and 720P WITH audio
    Camera - Removed Stereo Recording and Front Facing Cam/Mirror App
    Blackout BeastMode Kernel V1.0
    New OC Values
    Re-Wrote Tweaks App
    Few new tweaks add (more to be added ota style ;))
    Exclusive Blackout Skin v1.0 with Sense 4.0 Style Clock Widget (default)
    And New Team Member...be gentle with him...

v2.1
    FUll WIPE REQUIRED
    -Rebase to 2.31.401.2
    -Added Aroma Backup Apps Option During Full Wipe Install
    -Added Custom OC Option for Install (Andrev Daemon)
    -Added Custom Language Option for Install
    -Bluetooth 100% Fix with Mic
    -Weather Sounds FC Fixed
    -More Blackout Tweaks (still WIP and alot more to come)
    -Modded HTCListen.apk for Beats, Dolby, and SRS Sound
    -SMS Limit Fixed
    -New Blackout Kernel
    -More Aroma Additions
    -Updated Aroma Installer to Latest

v2.0
    FUll WIPE REQUIRED (do not wipe in aroma, not working correctly yet :p)
    -Rebased to 2.28.709.1
    -Added Aroma Installer (Obviously :] )
    -Added APM (Advanced Power Menu)
    -Added Extended Quicksettings
    -Added a New Member to the Team: Welcome cstayton :]
    -Added New Blackout Tweaks(beta)
    -Added Wifi tether app (must set profile to nexus one in app settings)
    -Modded services.jar and PCSC.apk for USB Mount
    -Modded services.jar for Disabling HTC Signature Checking
    -Removed All HTC and Goolge Logging Files
    -Tweaked The framework-res.apk for More Animation Speed
    -Fixed Specific Device Detection for Sound and Info

v1.1
    -Sound fixed for Telus and Inspire users
    -Wifi fixed
    -BT Fixed (a2dp also)
    -Added Sense 4.0 Wallpapers
    -Beats and other sound enhancements added to music player
    -System files cleaned up a bit
    -Optimized here and there (whatever that means :p)

V1.0
    - Initial Release

downloadue.png

Click Me!

FAQ
    If Needed...

Kernel Source
    BeastMode!!!

Older Release
    http://www.multiupload.nl/17T7UYPBN8

thanksns.png

gummbah30 for Hotspot fix
    vampire36 for Desire S help
    HUGE thanks to markj338 for his vivo testing and feedback!
    HUGE thanks to Team Inferno and sckboy78 for the myTouch testing, awesome group of guys!
    HUGE thank you to j4n87 and m0narx for the help and Leedroid Tweaks that our app is based off of (Mikenif deserves a few shots for the work he put into the app )
    VU For Kernel source (This rom would not be complete w/out them)
    Scott Crosler for all the help and input he's provided AND just being a good friend
    Newtoroot for various tips and tricks
    LorD ClockaN for previous use of kernel
    Shaky156 for bringing the Team together
    Sense 5 Theme up!

Download (a second reboot may be required)

xoq.png

De-Sense Mod!!!

Click Here to De-Sense
    &
    Stock Lockscreen after Des-sense
    desenseimage.png

Team Blackout Mods!! Version 2!
    Sense 4 Clock, Lockscreen Mods, Bliss Mod and more!
    HERE

ludc.png
    Tweaks:
    tweaks.png

Latest Version: 0.4.0

Tweaks Included:

Sense
    - Smooth Rosie (Thanks to Hamdir!)
    - App Drawer Colums
    - Paginated app drawer scrolling
    - App Drawer Transparancy
    - App Drawer Background Image

Statusbar
    - Customize Quicksettings
    - Quick Quicksettings
    - Hide Wifi Config
    - Hide Icons
    - Clock Settings
    - Battery Settings
    - Statusbar Transparancy
    - Background Transparancy
    - Custom Background Image

Lockscreen
    - Hide Unlock Animation

System
    - Customize Adcanced Power Menu
    - Customize Haptic Feedback Level
    - Wake Device with Volume Buttons
    - Hide Keyboard Arrows
    - Customize Recent App Dialog Style
    - Recent App Dialog Transparancy
    - Recent App Dialog Custom Background

Extras
    Still under construction :eek:

Thanks to:
    Biiiiiig Thanks to Jan87 and M0narx for pointing me in the right direction when i started my Java journey
    Thanks to Hamdir (for creating and letting me use the smooth sense mod in my tweaks app)
    What? I forgot to thank someone?! Sorry didnt mean to. PM me and ill add you to the list

Banners:
    banner2user.png

banner2addict.png

banner2devotee.png

users2.png

users1.png

users3.png

Team Blackout Mods!!

Get them HERE!
    hope everyone enjoys, so much time spent, sacrifices made..etc...yada...yada...yada....but all for fun. :D

Just hit our thanks buttons guys, no need to post it ;)