This thread is for Themes and Mods for the new Micromax A56 NINJA 2

tDBz1.jpg
Ain't she a beauty? :) :)
Specs:
Processor- Qualcomm 800 mhz
OS- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
RAM: 256MB RAM
Screen Resolution- 360 x 480 pixels

I request all the devs & forum members to post all the Custom ROMs, tutorials, hacks & all the stuff related to Micromax A56 in this thread so that we all together can develop for this device. This is my first Droid, I love my phone :)
As I am new to Android (forget developing :p) I may not be very helpful at building things from scratch, but I sure do tweaks and stuff. I tweaked some themeing and visual elements of the phone to better suit my style :cool: (the old look kills me, damn! So cheap for a cool phone like that!)
I am going to post few tweaked files I made up myself. Please try them on and tell me if they are good. Little appreciation is all I want from this thread :) Will upload files and screenshots real quick!

Tell me if I was good with this. This is my first post in XDA. I need lots n lots of your appreciation to go forward and make things! Thanks for reading folks! Hit thanks if you liked it.

Last edited:

jyothisthaliath

Jul 28, 2012
Cochin
wpbuddy.net
Things to be done first!

1. Root Your Phone : You must gain root access as we need to modify or replace certain system only files. So make sure you root your phone. You will find rooting method for Micromax A56 here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1829389 Trust me its a really safe thing. No harm done to your phone :)
For debugging and FAQs on rooting procedure, please refer : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791748 This is kinda the official thread for our device :) Thanks to Anshubham for his great efforts!

2. Install a Filemanager : The default filemanager app is useless as it can't manipulate files in system folders using root access. You nee a root-supported filemanager, I suggest using Root Explorer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer
Mind you, its a paid app (but you do know how you can get it for free if you really want to :p) You can also use Root Browser Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

3. Take Backups : This is really important. As we are going to mess with the system files, once you screw it, you should be able to restore things without much fuzz. In course, you may need to replace certain protected system files and apps. So, whatever app you are trying to mod, make sure you make backup copies of the '.apk' files on your SD card. (SD card isn't safe enough, unless you are in a hurry, copy the files to your PC too). You can use your newly installed filemanager for this purpose.

Now you are all set to start modding! :)

Instructions to install/replace modded System files and APKs

You should realize you are going to play with some of the important files (ROOT folders) which are critical to the phone's working. So try and keep by the steps which are described here. This is the safest way I've been doing this. So, you can be least worried :)

Suppose that we are going to modify the app example.apk inside /system/app folder of your phone. You can use these same steps to replace just about any system app. So I need not repeat them everytime since they are common :)

1. Download the modded version of the "example.apk" file from this thread.
2 Copy this modded apk into your SD card using USB, Bluetooth, etc.
3. Open the "root supported" file-manager app which you have already installed in your phone.
4. Navigate to your SD card folder containing the "example.apk" file. Click "copy".
5. Navigate to your root folder and hit paste. example.apk will be copied there.
6. Long press on the modded file, click "permissions" from the menu.
7. Apply permissions strictly as shown below :

8151957.png

8. Now long press the "example.apk", click "Move", navigate to /system/apps/
9. Click "Paste" and click to confirm replacing the existing file with the same name.

Note : It is important to copy the file to your root folder first and not directly to its destination. This is because, you can't set the required permissions to the file when it resides on the SD card, and if you try to replace them directly without the intermediate copying step, it may crash! So stick to the plan folks :)
Thats it! Now depending on the exact files you tried to replace, your phone may (or may not) go haywire for sometime with lots of Forced Closes. No need to panic :) Just reboot your phone and its good to go!

I shall post my modded files further down these threads. Don't forget to thank me if I helped :)

Last edited:

jyothisthaliath

Jul 28, 2012
Cochin
wpbuddy.net
Get Your Modded Files Here!

Listing all my mods in this post. Download the corresponding .apk file for the mod you wish for. Replace the original file with the same name in your phones root folder as guided in my previous post.

1. Black Statusbar mod - SystemUI - black statusbar plain.apk

2. ICS Style Contacts and Dialer mod - ICSContactsDialer.zip

Working on lots of mods, keep watching this thread!

Your "thanks" are much appreciated :) thank you all..!!

Attachments

• ICSContactsDialer.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Jai3

Jul 31, 2012
New Delhi
Volla...!!! :)

Thanks jyothisthaliath bro...!!!
I was Wanting This Type of Thread For The Micromax A56...:D
And You Made it...!!!;)
Well, this MIcromax A56 is Mine First Droid Also... :p
So, Bro kindly share your Tweaks, Themes, and Other stuff's also...I will really thankful to you...!!

N Ya, Grey Bar Sucks.....but How Did you made your Status Bar Black...I also wanna make it Black... :(

And Ya special credits to anshubham bro and others members also..for lifting up the Micromax A56 here in XDA..He has done really great Efforts...but i just read in some thread that he has Sold his Micromax A56 :rolleyes: ...But I am sure he will still help us... :cool:

@jyothisthaliath bro continue your efforts...:laugh:

jyothisthaliath

Jul 28, 2012
Cochin
wpbuddy.net
I won't say its impossible, just that I can't do it!

wallah.... :laugh: :p
is there any way to make the status bar transparent ?

You see bro, its not that I've tried, but gingerbread has issues with transparency in statusbar. Last time I tried, I got lots of garbled icons and text on the statusbar. Its like the reminents of each 'frame' are not getting erased properly and remain on the screen making them appear as junk pixels.

I3tOA.jpg

So, you see why I don't try it anymore. If you need, I have attached here my experimental '.apk' file with transparency mod. You can try it yourself :)

Apart from transparency effects, you can always go for a pseudo transparency like what I did here in my first pic. For eg. A black statusbar on a black wallpaper looks as if it is transparent, whereas actually it is not :) You can always match it with your current wallpaper.

Reactions: Ankit Pal and Jai3

jyothisthaliath

Jul 28, 2012
Cochin
wpbuddy.net
Black StatusBar Mod : My Sunday Gift!

Hey guys, how are you :)

It seems my humble little thread has seen much fuss within these two days :D I'm flattered. Infact I've decided not to keep you waiting any more ;) So here it is!

Black Statusbar Tweak

CVnAn.jpg

I donno why they have this UGLY statusbar in the stock app. Everyone should get these cool looks!! The stock statusbar was killing me. It gave the phone its cheap look (although we agree its cheap, but hey, its a Superfone ) I was so so jealous about my friend's Galaxy Nexus. I badly wanted the ICS look on my phone.

First step : turn the statusbar to black! In that way it could easily blend with my black-themed Xperia style wallpaper. Voila! Instant transformation to a high-end phone
Clearly the black themes give the ultimate look to the phone's screen. Maybe since it's got a high contrast, but color reproduction is poor. Anyhow black is what appeals me

Checkout the screens here. Doesn't the statusbar make a good impression?

You can download it from the third post of this thread. I have kept it reserved for aggregating all my mods. Make sure you get these cool looks on your phone ASAP!!
Oh, and by the way, enjoy your sunday :)

Last edited:

Ankit Pal

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks jyothisthaliath bro...!!!

M waiting for other two also..

2. ICS style battery icon - << under construction>>

3. ICS style icons for Statusbar - <<under construction>>

Jai3

Jul 31, 2012
New Delhi
It's AweSome...

Thanx Bro....:)
It's looking amazing now...atlast a kick to Gery Colored Status Bar...!! :laugh:
N this one really RockSss...;)

Now Waiting for your Other Tweaks n Modds bro....

1. ICS style battery icon - << under construction>>

2. ICS style icons for Statusbar - <<under construction>>

Would, also like to try tHEM and Others also..:cowboy:
Plz....provide them as soon as possible buddy...!!!
We are waiting...!!! :D

ThanK YoU..:good:

Reactions: jyothisthaliath

cooldude007

Jun 23, 2012
Vapi
www.facebook.com
Black Status Bar with little modification

Hello Every 1 ..Thanx foh admin for creating this thread :good::D
As earlier mentioned new black status bar That is really cool makes oua phone somewhat Less cheap:p
Anywayz this is new black status bar with icons modified just copy it to your system folder and BOOM u got a new customized status bar;):D:cowboy:

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    481.2 KB · Views: 59

Jai3

Jul 31, 2012
New Delhi
Nice Guys..

@cooldude007
It is Good n thanks...Keep it up Guys..!! :good:
Can we get a Customized Menu too...amm like we just pulled down the Notification bar then we can have Some Shortcuts like Settings Gps music etc in it... :D

cooldude007

Jun 23, 2012
Vapi
www.facebook.com
ICS somewhat

Heya Evy 1...New status bar icons some what like ics:silly::silly::p:p
And Black setting Backgrounds:cool::cool::eek:
Use it and replace it in system folder:)

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 57
  • Settings.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • SystemUI.apk
    478.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Jai3

jyothisthaliath

Jul 28, 2012
Cochin
wpbuddy.net
Heya Evy 1...New status bar icons some what like ics:silly::silly::p:p
And Black setting Backgrounds:cool::cool::eek:
Use it and replace it in system folder:)

It would be nice if you could get screenshots for these too... good efforts bro :)
I'm in the process of rooting my phone (again :D after getting it serviced) so I will try these as soon as I sort out my mess.. Cheers to the thread!! :)

anandgarg22

Jul 20, 2012
1. Root Your Phone : You must gain root access as we need to modify or replace certain system only files. So make sure you root your phone. You will find rooting method for Micromax A56 here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1829389 Trust me its a really safe thing. No harm done to your phone :)
For debugging and FAQs on rooting procedure, please refer : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1791748 This is kinda the official thread for our device :) Thanks to Anshubham for his great efforts!

2. Install a Filemanager : The default filemanager app is useless as it can't manipulate files in system folders using root access. You nee a root-supported filemanager, I suggest using Root Explorer
Mind you, its a paid app (but you do know how you can get it for free if you really want to :p) You can also use Root Browser Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

3. Take Backups : This is really important. As we are going to mess with the system files, once you screw it, you should be able to restore things without much fuzz. In course, you may need to replace certain protected system files and apps. So, whatever app you are trying to mod, make sure you make backup copies of the '.apk' files on your SD card. (SD card isn't safe enough, unless you are in a hurry, copy the files to your PC too). You can use your newly installed filemanager for this purpose.

You should realize you are going to play with some of the important files (ROOT folders) which are critical to the phone's working. So try and keep by the steps which are described here. This is the safest way I've been doing this. So, you can be least worried :)

Suppose that we are going to modify the app example.apk inside /system/app folder of your phone. You can use these same steps to replace just about any system app. So I need not repeat them everytime since they are common :)

3. Open the "root supported" file-manager app which you have already installed in your phone.
4. Navigate to your SD card folder containing the "example.apk" file. Click "copy".
5. Navigate to your root folder and hit paste. example.apk will be copied there.

8151957.png

9. Click "Paste" and click to confirm replacing the existing file with the same name.

Note : It is important to copy the file to your root folder first and not directly to its destination. This is because, you can't set the required permissions to the file when it resides on the SD card, and if you try to replace them directly without the intermediate copying step, it may crash! So stick to the plan folks :)
Thats it! Now depending on the exact files you tried to replace, your phone may (or may not) go haywire for sometime with lots of Forced Closes. No need to panic :) Just reboot your phone and its good to go!

I shall post my modded files further down these threads. Don't forget to thank me if I helped :)

HI bro thanks for the thread and effort can u please explain how can we get the root explorer for free?? or is the lite version helpful ?please mail me a personal message for the procedure if you cant post here itll be helpful thnx:D

also our internal memory is low due to which we cannot install many apps even if we install them in SD card...any way to improve internal memory like the RAM swapping technique??
:eek:

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

hi, if you like it you can remove your status bar totally by just 1 flip and the ,make it reappear again wen you wanna c it

install go ex launcher
go to settings
the gestures
you can choose a function to upward flip to hide\appear status bar then you are done floks!
:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get Your Modded Files Here!

Listing all my mods in this post. Download the corresponding .apk file for the mod you wish for. Replace the original file with the same name in your phones root folder as guided in my previous post.

1. Black Statusbar mod - SystemUI - black statusbar plain.apk

2. ICS Style Contacts and Dialer mod - ICSContactsDialer.zip

Working on lots of mods, keep watching this thread!

Your "thanks" are much appreciated :) thank you all..!!
    Things to be done first!

8151957.png

This thread is for Themes and Mods for the new Micromax A56 NINJA 2

tDBz1.jpg
    Ain't she a beauty? :) :)
    Specs:
    Processor- Qualcomm 800 mhz
    OS- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
    RAM: 256MB RAM
    Screen Resolution- 360 x 480 pixels

I request all the devs & forum members to post all the Custom ROMs, tutorials, hacks & all the stuff related to Micromax A56 in this thread so that we all together can develop for this device. This is my first Droid, I love my phone :)
    As I am new to Android (forget developing :p) I may not be very helpful at building things from scratch, but I sure do tweaks and stuff. I tweaked some themeing and visual elements of the phone to better suit my style :cool: (the old look kills me, damn! So cheap for a cool phone like that!)
    I am going to post few tweaked files I made up myself. Please try them on and tell me if they are good. Little appreciation is all I want from this thread :) Will upload files and screenshots real quick!

Tell me if I was good with this. This is my first post in XDA. I need lots n lots of your appreciation to go forward and make things! Thanks for reading folks! Hit thanks if you liked it.
    Ready---Finishing Work is left

:good::laugh:Hello Guys Work on Custom Rom have completed :good::good::good::good:
    Juzt last finishing Work is left and After that Poof---- :p :p..
    Here are some Screen Shots :good::good::laugh::laugh::D:D:cool:
    If u want Something More .. Plz post here :) Will b glad to have ua opinions
    Black StatusBar Mod : My Sunday Gift!

Hey guys, how are you :)

It seems my humble little thread has seen much fuss within these two days :D I'm flattered. Infact I've decided not to keep you waiting any more ;) So here it is!

Black Statusbar Tweak

CVnAn.jpg

I donno why they have this UGLY statusbar in the stock app. Everyone should get these cool looks!! The stock statusbar was killing me. It gave the phone its cheap look (although we agree its cheap, but hey, its a Superfone ) I was so so jealous about my friend's Galaxy Nexus. I badly wanted the ICS look on my phone.

First step : turn the statusbar to black! In that way it could easily blend with my black-themed Xperia style wallpaper. Voila! Instant transformation to a high-end phone
    Clearly the black themes give the ultimate look to the phone's screen. Maybe since it's got a high contrast, but color reproduction is poor. Anyhow black is what appeals me

Checkout the screens here. Doesn't the statusbar make a good impression?

You can download it from the third post of this thread. I have kept it reserved for aggregating all my mods. Make sure you get these cool looks on your phone ASAP!!
    Oh, and by the way, enjoy your sunday :)