• Not Satisfied

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Extremely Not Satisfied

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

syzwn9

May 11, 2011
Hi guys, I want to make some research with your satisfaction level on Galaxy Note 2. Hope u guys can help me with this research.

Cheers :D

Last edited:
Reactions: aliya00

Livebyte

Jul 14, 2012
Hi guys, I want to make some research with your satisfaction level on Galaxy Note 2. Hope u guys can help me with this research.

Cheers :D

Based on my initial 30 min hands on.

85% love. 15% frustration.

What I love:

No Pentile.
Smooth like nobody's business.
LTE version not using different chipset like Note 1.
TouchWiz seems good now.
S-Pen easier to hold.
Device is sexier than Note 1.

What I hate:

SAMOLED Longevity. (6 months before it turns yellowish?)
Android Updates (5 months for 4.2??)
Lower res than Note 1. (Feels like a downgrade)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Jobiza and syzwn9

syzwn9

May 11, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll already created a poll. Please vote :D

doodlyd

Jun 7, 2011
Display is my bigest disappointment . No blacks , brightness is low ,maybe its only my display but i cant change it so i have what i have

rj3005

Nov 11, 2009
SAMOLED Longevity. (6 months before it turns yellowish?)

Blue pixels wear faster than green and red, you just have counter balance a bit.
Download color adjuster and set green and red values slightly lower.
According to Samsung the new (non pentile) arrangement of the sub pixels in the note2 display is to avoid this behavior.

Now on topic: 99% satisfied with the note 2

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Reactions: yeehi

josuts

Oct 10, 2008
aegina
I voted satisfy cause im new to android since im coming from iOS.So far so good and im only a week with this marvelous beast!:)

doodlyd

Jun 7, 2011
What do u means by no blacks?

on my screen i dont have good blacks as i have on my SGS2 for example ...In the dark room SGN2 shines a lot with some dark brawn color but SGS2 looks like the screen is off , i dont know why but its really frustrating when back color in the dark on amoled screen can light the table on which it stands

nuxt

Oct 23, 2012
Just come from a ZTE Blade on giffgaff pay and go to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on 3 pay monthly (the one plan with 2k mins, 5ktexts and unlim internet)

Excited and impressed all day over this phone and my new network, too... Love the hand writing and spen!

Yrcimim

Dec 16, 2010
I don't understand any of these "lesser resolution than Note 1" complaints... Note 1's pentile meant it effectively had about 30% less resolution than it's 1280x800 said it did... So, the Note 2 has about 43% *MORE* effective resolution lengthwise and about 30% more effective resolution over the width of the screen...

Well, I'm biased, being fully satisfied, but numbers don't lie... :)

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Totally satisfied.

On a side note, I don't get how others could participate in giving feedback regarding the note 2 if they don't even own the phone. How strange.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: system.img

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    100%, higher than my girl friend`s level:D
    60% satisfaction. (Previous note 1 owner)
    I like:
    * the smoothness
    * battery life
    * touchwiz nature ux
    * new s pen
    I hate:
    * crappy gps
    * 16:9 aspect ratio that makes web browsing a nightmare
    * build quality issues (loose buttons and usb cable/port)
    * Already feels outdated
    * sooo thick
    * bulkier than note 1
    * hardware buttons (doesn't play nice with the spen)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Let's see :
    * crappy gps --> I have no problem with it. perhaps I'm just lucky. ask other Note 2 users
    * 16:9 aspect ratio that makes web browsing a nightmare --> cant' argue with that. But the browser experience is much more better than note 1
    * build quality issues (loose buttons and usb cable/port) --> perhaps you have a faulty unit ?
    * Already feels outdated --> Note 2 is still the 1st handset realeased with JellyBean in the box after Nexus 7. maybe you feel it's outdated because the announcement of HTC J butterfly (& other rumoured 5" phone) which have not been released yet?
    * sooo thick + bulkier than note 1 --> 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm (Note 2) vs 146.9 x 83 x 9.7 mm (Note 1). Thick & Bulkier you say? True previous Note1 owner won't complain note 2 thick & bulkier.
    * hardware buttons (doesn't play nice with the spen) --> no significant difference than note 1. I feel they are better than note 1. In note 1, i often accidentally push power button when I play games in landscape mode. That never happen with note 2

Sorry mate, but many of your cons are not valid
    100%, higher than my girl friend`s level:D

Then maybe your girlfriend is not pretty enough that you chose a Phablet over hyer :D

Creepy
    Then maybe your girlfriend is not pretty enough that you chose a Phablet over hyer :D

Creepy

Looks are good, performance could be better :D
    I don't understand any of these "lesser resolution than Note 1" complaints... Note 1's pentile meant it effectively had about 30% less resolution than it's 1280x800 said it did... So, the Note 2 has about 43% *MORE* effective resolution lengthwise and about 30% more effective resolution over the width of the screen...

Well, I'm biased, being fully satisfied, but numbers don't lie... :)