Android 4.1 rollout for HTC One X begins in Asia, HTC One S soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chteh2008

Oct 27, 2008
HTC-North-Asia-Jack-Tong.jpg

In a press event held in Taiwan today where HTC unveiled the upgraded versions – HTC One X+ and HTC One S Special Edition, general manager of HTC North Asia, Mr Jack Tong revealed to the press that starting tomorrow HTC One X users in Asia will receive Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware upgrade, while HTC One S users a little bit later (hasnt specified an exact date).

The software upgrade will also bring HTC‘s newest UI (user interface) HTC Sense 4+ beside the new Android version. This is good news for all HTC One X and One S users although HTC hasnt said a word about a global JellyBean rollout yet.

Getting back to One X+ and One S SE these upgraded models should hit Asian shelves around October 30, no world about other markets.

Source

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
So the update is currently rolling out in Asia? Or is that just a bull**** editorialised title? This info could have just been added to the current JB thread (in fact I think it was), no need for a whole new thread.

Reactions: Sentinel196
So the update is currently rolling out in Asia? Or is that just a bull**** editorialised title? This info could have just been added to the current JB thread (in fact I think it was), no need for a whole new thread.

I think it's a whole load of bull..nothing has been done so far...as usual HTC is failed to live up to its word...what a bunch of losers...arseholes...

OniV2

Jan 14, 2012
Good thing I'm on HTC_044, right? Haha. Hopefully developers incorporate the updates from tomorrow (as soon as someone posts the OTA), then I can update my HBOOT and the like via RUU and finally have Jellybean (that takes full control of the camera). Yay.

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
How reliable is pocket android as a source? Never heard of them and none of the reliable ones have confirmed it.

wph

May 27, 2010
I don't think we will get it today, the 26th. According to that source, it would begin rolling out in Asia. So lets assume that is Taiwan, they have only 6 hours left before it's the 27th and the working day is already over.

So I think we have to wait a little longer.

okuda1971

Apr 11, 2010
What a load of old rot...! I thought Samsung was bad at rolling out updates, but HTC take top prize..! The s3 comes to the market months after the Hox and yet they are rolling out jb now..?! I know htc is a smaller company but surely focusing more on customer support would give them a good reputation and help boost sales... I for one would pay more for a handset from a company that responded well to customer feedback..! And yet again another rumour about an ota being released but no one has gotten it...! Do the HTC reps just talk crap to get headlines...???

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Von Ropen

Apr 19, 2009
Murcia
What a load of old rot...! I thought Samsung was bad at rolling out updates, but HTC take top prize..! The s3 comes to the market months after the Hox and yet they are rolling out jb now..?! I know htc is a smaller company but surely focusing more on customer support would give them a good reputation and help boost sales... I for one would pay more for a handset from a company that responded well to customer feedback..! And yet again another rumour about an ota being released but no one has gotten it...! Do the HTC reps just talk crap to get headlines...???

It would be better to write this tomorrow in case htv do not relase ota. Meanwile shhhhh

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kryptoner

okuda1971

Apr 11, 2010
I'd love to be wrong, but passed history just proves my point..!

dzdimov

Jun 2, 2012
Skopje
Ok, I think that the name of this thread should be change immediately as it's causing confusion. As I know the JB hasn't started rolling out and this is inadequate name for a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC-North-Asia-Jack-Tong.jpg

In a press event held in Taiwan today where HTC unveiled the upgraded versions – HTC One X+ and HTC One S Special Edition, general manager of HTC North Asia, Mr Jack Tong revealed to the press that starting tomorrow HTC One X users in Asia will receive Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware upgrade, while HTC One S users a little bit later (hasnt specified an exact date).

The software upgrade will also bring HTC‘s newest UI (user interface) HTC Sense 4+ beside the new Android version. This is good news for all HTC One X and One S users although HTC hasnt said a word about a global JellyBean rollout yet.

Getting back to One X+ and One S SE these upgraded models should hit Asian shelves around October 30, no world about other markets.

Source
    OTA released now in Taiwan

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    DOWNLOADING NOW.
    HTC_621
    709 device. :D

Sent from my HTC One X
    Let try to keep all JB related info in this thread please --> Jelly Bean (JB) for the HOX - OTA/Information/Update/ETAs/etc

Thread Closed