hiruna

Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
www.hirunawijesinghe.com
**needs root
*************I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES*******************
Hello guys,

BEFORE YOU BEGIN, CREATE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE

I've been trying to flash the N8013 CM10 rom onto my N8010 for weeks and I finally figured it out how to do it.
Firstly when I tried it with CWM recovery it gave me Status 7 error. 'asserts failed' or something.
Then today, luckily I thought of getting rid of CWM recovery and replacing it with TWRP recovery.. And then I flashed the N8013 rom via TWRP recovery and woah! it was successful! :D

First you will need to download the TWRP recovey from : http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/p4noterf/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-p4notewifi.tar.md5

Place this file in your sdcard (either external or internal)

Then using Odin on PC or Mobile Odin app in android, flash the recovery md5.

For PC Odin, Select PDA and choose the file. (crossed it out because Odin for PC fails to flash the TWRP md5)
For Mobile Odin, Press Recovery and choose the file.

Once completed, it will reboot into recovery and TWRP recovery will load.

Touch on Install and a file browser will appear, simply choose the file and flash it. Remember to wipe dalvik cache and cache afterwards.

You will need to download the JB Gapps from : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip and flash that too in order to get the Google apps.

S Note and samsung features will be lost.

There is a possibility of getting back some of the 'S-features' like the snote, splanner. and also peeltab app

I got all the stock apks, reply on the thread if needed any of it.

Last edited:

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I've had CM 10 for the N8013 running on my N8010 for awhile now. And I flashed it with CWM Recovery.
First I wiped cache partitions, dalvik cache. Factory reset (I was coming from a Miui ROM), then went into advanced settings and did a system and data format.
Flashed the CM ROM with CWM and no problems.
I use CWM everyday for the nightly updates and have never had a problem.
But all phones seem to run a little differently and it might depend on what ROM you were on before.
Just my input. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
I've had CM 10 for the N8013 running on my N8010 for awhile now. And I flashed it with CWM Recovery.
First I wiped cache partitions, dalvik cache. Factory reset (I was coming from a Miui ROM), then went into advanced settings and did a system and data format.
Flashed the CM ROM with CWM and no problems.
I use CWM everyday for the nightly updates and have never had a problem.
But all phones seem to run a little differently and it might depend on what ROM you were on before.
Just my input. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Where the hell did you get a miui ROM?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
Is there any specific way of installing TWRP recovery? I'm getting invalid md5 errors.

darksabre_x

Nov 8, 2008
There is a possibility of getting back some of the 'S-features' like the snote, splanner. and also peeltab app

I'm curious about this statement. From my understanding the Peel remote doesn't work because the IR blaster drivers were never released so CM10 doesn't have them. Plus don't all of the "S Features" use the Touchwiz framework, which also isn't present in CM10?

Have you tested these claims yet? Just curious, not trying to say you haven't or couldn't possibly do it.

If anyone has any skill porting apps that require touchwiz to work then we might have a glimmer of hope. Personally i'd love to be able to use the stock handwriting recognition keyboard with CM10.

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
Some of the samsung features are quite useful. Also this CM10 seems to have GPU performance dropped significantly.

hiruna

Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
www.hirunawijesinghe.com
Use Mobile ODIN

Is there any specific way of installing TWRP recovery? I'm getting invalid md5 errors.

Hello,

I checked this out for you and found it does not flash with odin for PC.
Use Mobile Odin app in android, flash the recovery md5.

1. Download the Mobile ODIN app for android and install it
2. Grant root permissions and select 'Recovery' in the options and browse and select the recovery md5
3. Flash it !

It will be successfull... im very sure of this...

hiruna

Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
www.hirunawijesinghe.com
Im sorry if I said it in a wrong way.

I'm curious about this statement. From my understanding the Peel remote doesn't work because the IR blaster drivers were never released so CM10 doesn't have them. Plus don't all of the "S Features" use the Touchwiz framework, which also isn't present in CM10?

Have you tested these claims yet? Just curious, not trying to say you haven't or couldn't possibly do it.

If anyone has any skill porting apps that require touchwiz to work then we might have a glimmer of hope. Personally i'd love to be able to use the stock handwriting recognition keyboard with CM10.

So I took the libs for the S features from the samsung stock firmware and the snote apk. I placed the libs in the lib folder of the system and apk in the system app Which shouldve installed the snote app with force. I also tried adb push , and tried installing using terminal emulator. It showed as if it installed but when I restarted, it was not there.

hiruna

Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
www.hirunawijesinghe.com
My experience in CM10 for N8010

Is everything working after flashing this ie. camera, hardware acceleration?

First of all I have to say I MISS THE SAMSUNG S FEATURES AND THE MULTITASKING

Anyway, I love the CM10 keyboard, its better than the samsung one because its easier to type with two hands (personal xp)
Camera was fixed in the latest ones.Gallery app was a bit buggy but it seems likes they fixed it.
No IR blaster support.
Screen reconizes the S pen magnet (proved in PS Touch). Though there is not 'Hovering Icon' toggle in the settings.
Didnt manage to force install the Sfeautures.
No samsungs 'true multitasking' like no overscreen apps or anything

CM is decent, clean and smoother than samsungs firmware but it lacks all the goodies mentioned above. Im not sure if CM will have support for them.

I backed up both my CM and Samsung firmware, so I restore back and fourth between CM and Samsung whenever I need snotes and bla bla
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this will be not a issue if there is a dual boot rom kernel was made ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: darksabre_x

darksabre_x

Nov 8, 2008
Thanks hiruna! It wasn't that you said it in the wrong way. I was genuinely curious if you managed to get some of the S features working.

While it kind of sucks that for the time being we can't use S note on CM10, there are a few workarounds. I personally like Papyrus for note taking, and i've started to enjoy using the OverSkreen Browser, and since it's a floating browser i can set it up over half the screen.

Thanks for giving it a try and reporting back!

Reactions: hiruna

hiruna

Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
www.hirunawijesinghe.com
Thanks for the info on the apps :) I will try the apps you mentioned above on CM10. Currently I'm using Samsung Firmware. Just waiting on this tablet to get into more devs' hands and hopefully it will be famous and more and more roms and support will be available.

Am4n

Feb 6, 2013
Help

I had done this like described but canogenmod won´t work it stucks on bootscreen then i done a rom reset i think just cyanogenmod shall deleted and now my note 10.1 stucks on the screen with the white writings Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 anyone know what i have to done

hiruna

Dec 24, 2010
Melbourne
www.hirunawijesinghe.com
This should work

I had done this like described but canogenmod won´t work it stucks on bootscreen then i done a rom reset i think just cyanogenmod shall deleted and now my note 10.1 stucks on the screen with the white writings Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 anyone know what i have to done

Do a full wipe of data/cache
(Factory reset)

Then flash the nightly through twrp
Then flash jb apps

Then reboot

It did take a bit to load (in the cm boot logo) when i flashed the rom first but after that its fine.

Dont restore ur apps or data from stock. It wont work.

ckavvouras

Sep 12, 2012
Montreal
I've flashed the 8013 cm10.1 on my note 10.1 with cwm without a problem. Personally I don't like it no offense to the developers but it lacks a lot of stuff and the trade off isn't worth it. Them only good thing that 4.2 offers its multi user. Not to mention the lack of proper gpu performance

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **needs root
    Hello guys,

BEFORE YOU BEGIN, CREATE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE

I've been trying to flash the N8013 CM10 rom onto my N8010 for weeks and I finally figured it out how to do it.
    Firstly when I tried it with CWM recovery it gave me Status 7 error. 'asserts failed' or something.
    Then today, luckily I thought of getting rid of CWM recovery and replacing it with TWRP recovery.. And then I flashed the N8013 rom via TWRP recovery and woah! it was successful! :D

First you will need to download the TWRP recovey from : http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/p4noterf/openrecovery-twrp-2.3.1.0-p4notewifi.tar.md5

Place this file in your sdcard (either external or internal)

Then using Odin on PC or Mobile Odin app in android, flash the recovery md5.

For PC Odin, Select PDA and choose the file. (crossed it out because Odin for PC fails to flash the TWRP md5)
    For Mobile Odin, Press Recovery and choose the file.

Once completed, it will reboot into recovery and TWRP recovery will load.

Touch on Install and a file browser will appear, simply choose the file and flash it. Remember to wipe dalvik cache and cache afterwards.

You will need to download the JB Gapps from : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip and flash that too in order to get the Google apps.

S Note and samsung features will be lost.

I got all the stock apks, reply on the thread if needed any of it.
    My experience in CM10 for N8010

Is everything working after flashing this ie. camera, hardware acceleration?

First of all I have to say I MISS THE SAMSUNG S FEATURES AND THE MULTITASKING

Anyway, I love the CM10 keyboard, its better than the samsung one because its easier to type with two hands (personal xp)
    Camera was fixed in the latest ones.Gallery app was a bit buggy but it seems likes they fixed it.
    No IR blaster support.
    Screen reconizes the S pen magnet (proved in PS Touch). Though there is not 'Hovering Icon' toggle in the settings.
    Didnt manage to force install the Sfeautures.
    No samsungs 'true multitasking' like no overscreen apps or anything

CM is decent, clean and smoother than samsungs firmware but it lacks all the goodies mentioned above. Im not sure if CM will have support for them.

I backed up both my CM and Samsung firmware, so I restore back and fourth between CM and Samsung whenever I need snotes and bla bla
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this will be not a issue if there is a dual boot rom kernel was made ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks hiruna! It wasn't that you said it in the wrong way. I was genuinely curious if you managed to get some of the S features working.

While it kind of sucks that for the time being we can't use S note on CM10, there are a few workarounds. I personally like Papyrus for note taking, and i've started to enjoy using the OverSkreen Browser, and since it's a floating browser i can set it up over half the screen.

Thanks for giving it a try and reporting back!